Genesis News: Genesis Plans A Stand-Alone Dealer Network

William Maley

21 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Lexus has about 400 dealers I believe.  Maybe Cadillac can sell some of their buildings to Genesis.

Actually Lexus - 210 Dealerships in the US.

http://cardealersusa.com/lexus.htm 

40 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Lincoln has 3000+ based on them being in every Ford dealership location according to Ford's web site. Taking a look at their locator it truly seems to hold true.

My friend who works at a Ford dealership said they can get you any Lincoln but they don't keep any in stock. That much be how they get to that insane 3000+ dealerships for Lincoln. I only know of a couple in my area. There definitely isn't a Lincoln logo on the side of my local Ford dealership...or any Lincolns on the lot.

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

My friend who works at a Ford dealership said they can get you any Lincoln but they don't keep any in stock. That much be how they get to that insane 3000+ dealerships for Lincoln. I only know of a couple in my area. There definitely isn't a Lincoln logo on the side of my local Ford dealership...or any Lincolns on the lot.

Interesting, I did wonder about that when I was researching it. I know that all the ford dealerships here in the greater Seattle area has a section with Lincolns on it and have them on the lot. Most used to be the Triple play and some buildings still have just painted over where the old Mercury signage used to be. 

I will say that Ford needs a modern update on their dealerships as they are some of the oldest looking around. Kinda like trapped in the 60-70's era.

The closet Ford / Lincoln Dealership to me is just a couple miles away and they just did a major remodel, tore down and built back up new. Yet if you rotate to the left the street view you can see the old buildings they still use for service and parts, but at least the Sales Floor is really nice. My son test drove his Explorer here before deciding on the Jeep GC.

https://www.bing.com/maps?FORM=Z9LH2

I like this dealership as very modern, 21st century look, professional sales staff and not the traditional twist your arm used car sales approach I have had at other places.

There's really not a lot separating dealerships on a physical basis. If they from the same relative period in time, nissan to mercedes pretty much gives the same vibes/impressions, at least in my experience. The local MB dealer is a mega-brand dealer with a lot of add-on buildings; not particularly upscale. There aren't really any really dated dealerships in central Jersey that I can think of.

I know Toyota and Lexus dealers in particular have really hyped up the personal service, attention and amenities...I remember one superstore in the Phoenix area advertising that they had free wifi, onsite hair salon, nail salon, Starbucks etc for waiting customers.   My Jeep dealer had a cafe..(was the largest Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/RAM dealer in AZ).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

17 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I know Toyota and Lexus dealers in particular have really hyped up the personal service, attention and amenities...I remember one superstore in the Phoenix area advertising that they had free wifi, onsite hair salon, nail salon, Starbucks etc for waiting customers.   My Jeep dealer had a cafe..

Same here in Seattle, all the remodel dealerships are actually torn down and rebuilt as new Palaces with cafe's, WiFi, daycare, etc. People can go and get basic service and wait and be pampered or drop off and get a free loaner and come back later. This is mostly done by Lexus, Acura, BMW but for the rest, the older buildings really show being dated. MB is the surprise here as the few dealerships we have are actually old buildings and are upstaged by the nice new Lexus multi story palaces.