Bought a New Car

Frisky Dingo

5 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

It's not really designated for either, but it's a family hauler that will be shared.

OK, Family hauler, so is it in the car, van or CUV/SUV class and do not just say yes, but state which class please! :P 

6 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Almooooost. That was our first choice, but the deal I got, and the fact that this will be rather short term solution made me go this route.

Tiguan or maybe Touareg

Edited by ykX

8 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Got it!! I award you one imaginary cookie! :AH-HA:

Now, you wanna try for the specific model?

Hmm..SE?    I had a Passat as a rental for 3 weeks last year at this time...when I was back here closing on my house and doing initial remodeling before I moved back in June.   Nice car..very comfortable, good outward visibility, huge trunk..

IMG-1601.JPG

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Hmm..SE?    I had a Passat as a rental for 3 weeks last year at this time...when I was back here closing on my house and doing initial remodeling before I moved back in June.   Nice car..very comfortable, good outward visibility, huge trunk..

IMG-1601.JPG

Nice Cadillac in the Background. :P 

1 hour ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Reflex Silver SE w/ Tech. Looks just like this-

5.jpg

Congratulations on your new car, wishing you and your family all the best with it.

Thanks. Not quite what I had planned, but 7 grand off AND 0% for 72 mths was kinda hard to say no to. Going to use this as an opportunity to get some debt eliminated and cut costs.

My GTI lease will be up in 1 yr, and I'm going to turn it in to VW. Once I do that, I'm going to focus on improving my 4Runner with new suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, etc. I want to bring it up to good enough shape I have no hesitation in taking it across the country. Or, depending on some other factors, I might trade it in to get back in a newer 4Runner. A TRD Pro or maybe the right Land Cruiser could definitely be a possibility.

• Agree 2

Past VW owners : how has your experience been with reliability/mechanical issues?
Friend of mine has an '08 Passat. He takes meticulous care of it, only has 45K miles on it & he's thinking of selling it. My younger son is going to need a car over the summer, he's about 100 miles away from me at school. All I've heard is VWs are trouble-prone.