"We Are Listening"

wildcat

GM says they are listening to consumers and further refining the Buick Enclave as it moves closer to production, along with including additional information on the Enclave website. There is now an updated photo gallery, interviews with the Enclave engineering team, a new video of the Enclave on the road, and actual comments and questions. Beyond elegance, beyond utility, beyond expectations... Buick Enclave. To view the website, click here.

Edited by wildcat

I hope they don't laugh at all. Buick should make the Enclave as competitive as possible (which I think it already is), even if it means selling it less than an RX and keeping it as close to concept as possible.

I wonder how hard they would laugh if I said, "Don't change a thing, and sell if for less than the RX330."

They shouldn't. The Outlook looked good and the Enclave would be better. It wouldn't cost them a lot to build it as Concept as possible, and hopefully it would sell for or less than the price of the RX330.

Interesting that they describe the Enclave as "shaking up" the image of Buick or a new direction, I don't really see it that way. It is really (finally) a Buick that is extremely well executed and designed. The Enclave doesn't shake me up - it reassures me that the best is coming for Buick.

The Enclave should be as refined and elegant as the concept. I hope the little things, like the satchel-like pockets behind the front seats, make it to production. Truly, Buick should pull out all of the stops for this one. It can truly be the conerstone of a real revitalization.

Overall this is a fine vehicle but hopefully certain things make it to production and some don't. Black steering wheels, center stacks and upper dash panals do not belong on a Buick. The exterior doors are unprotected, unlike most of Buicks current lineup which can turn into a real annoyance when those dents start showing up. I hope the port holes make it and the rest of the interior looks great. Would take very little to make this thing rock!

The more I look at this the better it becomes. I hope Buick doesn't dilute this much before bringing it to market this fall. This could be the best SUV GM has ever made - in terms of interior design and fit and finish. The updated SRX had better be good to justify the price over the Enclave.

When I noticed they used the same Passenger Airbag indication light as the one in the Malibu, the perceived quality took a nosedive. It's not even the same color! Otherwise, everything looks great. I just hope they get enough requests to keep the gauge font the same (GM gauge fonts suck).

8) I asked them to show the baby in real world situations. Would love it with a V8 and pulling a boat, camping, going to the ocean, mountain Biking. etc.

The Auto Rocks but we now need to see it with other colors and out and about. :P

Keep the rear bucket seats! When they announced that the final vehicle will not have that, it made me....... :banghead:

Yeah i want them to keep them as in option.

In a Buick 2nd and 3rd row buckets should be optional, if not standard!

No joke. I think that look is cool, and very unique. Wood paneled wagons are a huge part of Buick history dating back to the 1940's. No automaker offers it now, except for the PT Cruiser and I bet it would sell well. The last Roadmaster Estate rolled off the assembly lines in 1996, and I still see plenty of them on the road today.

Construction is done at GM's new Delta Township factory in Michigan, and the first Saturn Outlook has rolled off the assembly line. Full-scale production begins in November with the Outlook and GMC Acadia. And the Buick Enclave will start production next April as a 2008 model.

The Enclave starting production in April 2007 actually gives them a pretty balanced run of new/revised models. Enclave in April, Lacrosse Super comes out that summer (or earlier), the Lucerne gets a refresh the next year, and the Epsilon II Lacrosse comes out in early 2009. Add in the Zeta that'll come out relatively soon after that and Buick will have a very nice lineup.