Jump to content
Create New...

H.S. car pics


balthazar

Recommended Posts

Alas, my old pics are mostly all pre-digital and somewhere in my parent's house.  Eventually I will clean the house out and digitize some.  

But I do have this pic from around 1990.   My '86 Mustang LX (college car) and '87 Mustang GT (high school and college fun car).   I had the GT in Florida (high school), Ohio (college and grad school), Michigan (grad school), in Colorado for 6 years, and since 2002 it's been stored in the barn in the background.   The gray LX was totaled in July 1994 right after I moved to Ann Arbor, Mi. 

 

redandgraystangs-vi.jpg

 

This pic is from May 2009.

DSC00133-vi.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will Find my 1976 Chevrolet Luv Pickup Truck and get it scanned in. Still wish I had that truck, it was awesome. Isuzu made a good truck that would last if you took care of it.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

Will Find my 1976 Chevrolet Luv Pickup Truck and get it scanned in. Still wish I had that truck, it was awesome. Isuzu made a good truck that would last if you took care of it.

??? You were only 4'11" then?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Family discord, or is your cousin in the witness relocation program?

Well I just don't see her much any more.  No problems, per se.  I'm in PA, she's still on a subdivided part of the farm in MD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: family discord

In my case, i do have some family discord w/ my brother and the family farm.  After the whole will and probate fiasco after my mother's death in 2016,  I and my 2 siblings own the farm (130 acres in rural Ohio 90 miles from here) equally, my brother lives there, pays 1/3 of the taxes.  Been in the family 50 years, so no mortgage.

I've only visited once since I moved back to Ohio last year, I need to get my stuff that is still there and my Mustangs, but due to various legal issues it's not practical at this point.. alas, you can't choose who you are related to. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Family discord sucks. My father's sister poisoned their father against his son (my father), I believe to gain his assets. Karma stepped in tho, and the aunt died of a brain aneurysm 2 years before my grandfather (who made it 6 weeks shy of 101). Not that any of us cared about it, but my brother, sister & I were cut out of his will anyway. Her 2 kids (my only first cousins) were/are just as shitty as the aunt.

Bill- you're a car guy, don't you need copies of those early motoring pics?? You're in a neighboring state- not like she's in Nebraska.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

Will Find my 1976 Chevrolet Luv Pickup Truck and get it scanned in. Still wish I had that truck, it was awesome. Isuzu made a good truck that would last if you took care of it.

How did you ever fit in a Chevy LUV? Just have had one hell of a sunroof.

32 minutes ago, balthazar said:

OK- here's me & my first vehicle : '64 Grand Prix. I still own this car. I'm 20 in this pic ~

64 GP 00.jpg

 

Being 20 tells the story- I didn't actually have a car in HS, but shortly after. My father wouldn't allow it then, tho I tried numerous times; the '64 Studebaker GT Hawk and the '59 Catalina come readily to mind.

Guy sitting next to me in the training class I am taking is still the proud owner of the 65 Plymouth he and his dad restored back when he was in high school.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't have car in HS, where I grew up it is very expensive to own a car and driving starts at 18, so no cars in high school.

When I started working in US I bought used 1996 Mazda MX-6 with almost 100k miles in mint condition. 2.5L V6 (!), 5-speed manual transmission.  It was a great car, but unfortunately designed for people under 6 feet tall (I am being 6'1" was somewhat an issue).   Loved that car and drove it till it had 200k miles, than got a better job and was getting married so needed something more sensible.

Not exact picture of my car but it was just like this one.

49663542.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ykX said:

I didn't have car in HS, where I grew up it is very expensive to own a car and driving starts at 18, so no cars in high school.

When I started working in US I bought used 1996 Mazda MX-6 with almost 100k miles in mint condition. 2.5L V6 (!), 5-speed manual transmission.  It was a great car, but unfortunately designed for people under 6 feet tall (I am being 6'1" was somewhat an issue).   Loved that car and drove it till it had 200k miles, than got a better job and was getting married so needed something more sensible.

Not exact picture of my car but it was just like this one.

49663542.jpg

We had a similar car for my wife.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I remember back in '97 a Korean grad student I shared an office with at the U of Michigan bought a dark green MX-6 w/ a tan interior.  Nice car...

U of M is beta testing our latest version of Isilon Storage and hardware. :D Cool Peeps! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dfelt said:

U of M is beta testing our latest version of Isilon Storage and hardware. :D Cool Peeps! 

Cool....when I was there I heard they had the largest installation of Sun Microsystems workstations in the US at the time.  They had them all over campus. I had a Sun workstation and a NeXTStation on my desk.   Fun times...back in my mid 20s when I had the energy to work insane hours every  week doing PhD research and still go out w/ my buddies to bars and guzzle beer and vodka several nights a week.. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Cool....when I was there I heard they had the largest installation of Sun Microsystems workstations in the US at the time.  They had them all over campus. I had a Sun workstation and a NeXTStation.   Fun times...

LOL, Dell Technology now owns the campus and is all over with DellEMC storage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search