Dream Car Garage: Ones We Lost In '19 Edition

Been a while since we did one of these. A lot of great vehicles had their last hurrah for the 2018 Model Year. From mainstream offerings, to exotics, many models had their demise. This thread will be dedicated to those. You can choose either cars that were discontinued entirely, had specific trim levels axed, or lost body styles.

Rules-

1) Must be 2018 MY

2) Choices must be offered in your market

3) Production vehicles only

4) Choices must have been discontinued, replaced with new model, had a body style dropped, etc

5) Maximum of 5 choices

6) These are your only vehicles 

Have fun!

• Agree 3

A Fiesta ST snd money for coilovers and autocross stickies.

Not sure when it dies...but add a Fusion Sport to the list.

Would be happy with just those two.

2017-Chevy-Volt-Red.jpg

1) Volt. So much I love about this vehicle, but alas its too small for me. In the end scenario Voltech really is being beaten by GM's own pure EV tech and higher range. Bet good money that the next EV announced by GM is 300+ range

2017-Chevrolet-Cruze-Hatchback-08.jpg2) This car is still going to be sold all over the world.. but American consumer's NON-ENTHUSIASTIC spirit.. and a new love of top heavy CUVs helped kill this here. Gorgeous.. and GM really should reconsider this move, if with no other iteration but the Hatch. Kill the sedan.. but keep the hatch and flesh it out. SS, RS, come up with a 1LE type suspension, continue with diesel.. get fancy with it and offer a Premier with almost lux finishing. Allow crazy customization. 

2018-Buick-LaCrosse-Avenir-Review-23.jpg

3) Talk about a car that is SLEPT ON. Despite this big car getting 60 mph in 5.6 seconds and finished the quarter mile in 14.2 seconds at 99.7 mph... Buick should have beat a heavy drum and got access to the LF3 for this vehicle (same for Chevy and the Impala). That would have shaved another 6/10ths off I bet. One of the quietest cars U will ever get into. Makes the S-Class seem noisy. Vault like. Overall a very nice luxury car that really never got the market push as it simply arrived as the CUV boom was in full effect. I am seriously still considering one as a replacement for my almost 100K mile '14 Impala LTZ

maxresdefault.jpg

4) This car is actually a very nice place o be.. Trouble is that it just can't touch the CT6. It's a weird thing.. left over from GM's emergence from BK. Selling over 300K since it came out, reaping in massive profits due to its shared platform.. its big like a CT6, but costs the exact same as a CTS. And there in lies a problem for the two of them. If U are a traditional Cadillac buyer.. or just a drifty luxo buyer.. the XTS would steal the sale from either. I actually think that if the CUV craze hadn't happened and the XTS was leaving.. U wold instantly see its sales divided between the CT6 and CTS(5)

2018-mercedes-amg-s63-coupe-black-rear-q

5) Don't hate me GM. The only Benz I would consider buying is the CL..er S-Class Coupe S63AMG, and she got canceled this week along withteh S-Class Cabriolet.

I mean its a Coupe.. and its big. If Cadillac was making a CT6 Coupe in 2.0L only.. I'd probably replace me CTS-V with it. Bet! A CT6-V Coupe??? I'd go bareback in the singer PINK.. 🤢

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hello Frisky!

Long time we didnt communicate ensemble.

OK...enough with the chit chat, lets get back to business...

Dodge Demon

Related image

Alpha Romeo 4C Coupe

Related image

Aston Martin Vanquish S

Related image

I originally had a Ferrari California T, but I realized that this car was gone in 2017 plus I do not have enough family haulers so Impala LTZ midnight edition replaces it.

Related image

Tesla  Model S  75D

Related image

Edited by oldshurst442

• Not sure a tesla model S 75 fits the bill here; it's not a model or trim, just less copper windings on the motor.

Kill the sedan.. but keep the hatch and flesh it out. SS, RS, come up with a 1LE type suspension, continue with diesel.. get fancy with it...

In looking at the Cruze hatch... I know it's said that American consumers don't buy hatches... but think about it- other than ride height, this Cruze and a Trax are functionally the same - they're BOTH hatches. There's not a CUV on the market without a rear hatch. Esp fleshed out like Cmicasa suggests- it's a strong case for keeping cars around- convert/keep as many as feasible as hatches only.

I can tell you when we were shopping & settled on the Sonic LTZ turbo, it was the hatch or no Sonic at all.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 3

This also may be the 1st time I do a Dream Garage Thread without circumventing the rules and still, I find myself outside the rules...

Thanx Casa. I did not realize the Impala will not be discontinued just yet.  Although great news in real life, it kinda sucks for this thread for me...

Balthy also suggested that the Model S 75D might not qualify... 

So...Im copying you Casa. Ill be taking the Buick Lacrosse as well...

Again, in black.

Image result for Buick Lacrosse

And Ill be replacing the Model S with an ATS V sedan

Image result for cadillac ats v sedan

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 3

I could add the Focus RS off of that list, and the ATS-V....but I think what I am really feeling is anguish at the disappearance of the affordable American Performance car. So i would like to add....A Taurus SHO instead of the ATS-V and Focus RS.

A very low key stealthy performance car has some appeal to me.

20 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I could add the Focus RS off of that list, and the ATS-V....but I think what I am really feeling is anguish at the disappearance of the affordable American Performance car. So i would like to add....A Taurus SHO instead of the ATS-V and Focus RS.

A very low key stealthy performance car has some appeal to me.

No anguish over the Cadillac. Its still here and will probably still remain, along with the CTS-V until the CT4 and CT5 Vs arrive. The Coupe CTS-V did the same thing back in 2014 even tho the new CTS was out. So for '14 and 15 we actually have a Gen 3 CTS and a Gen 2 CTS Coupe (V) selling side by side both brand new. For '16.. the CTS Coupe was gone.

I'll take off the LaX .. and replace it with the Cascada.. another Buick that had mad potential

2019-cascada-mov-exterior-world-18BUCA00

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

In looking at the Cruze hatch... I know it's said that American consumers don't buy hatches... but think about it- other than ride height, this Cruze and a Trax are functionally the same - they're BOTH hatches. There's not a CUV on the market without a rear hatch. Esp fleshed out like Cmicasa suggests- it's a strong case for keeping cars around- convert/keep as many as feasible as hatches only.

I can tell you when we were shopping & settled on the Sonic LTZ turbo, it was the hatch or no Sonic at all.

Hatchbacks are where it's at if you're buying a car. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Like I said- a hatch is a lower-height CUV.

I agree but in my Focus/Escape experience they are still different sizes. The hatch opening alone makes my hatch less usable than the Escape. I was disappointed in the size of the opening of the Focus hatch opening. I'm sure it is improved on all of the newer hatches though as this' roots are from 2011 or 2012.