More realworld photos of the 2007 SRX interior.

It's not that bad.  Looks like they redesigned the entire dashboard.

I do want to see a better picture, though.

Typical GM, slap a radio insert into a slab of black plastic. :banghead:

I guess this is just a stop-gap until the redesign in CY08/09, so it will do I guess.

still incredibly underwhelming design features going on at the General. How do they hope to woo upscale buyers with downscale interior features and designs?? Acura and Audi are far ahead of this crap, and it will show when the test drives happen. They haven't even integrated the keyless with the driver's key, like Honda has been doing for two years now. At least it's a new fob. Too freakin late in my book.

I thought they were integrating the keyfob with the key itself? Why not? Is it soo difficult to get a supplier to do that? Instead.. we have the same old GM parts bin key dangling from what looks to be a big rectangle of buttons with the cadillac crest on it.

That's what the STS has been doing for a while now. Not really impressed with it. Sure it looks different from the other GM keyfobs but that's not saying much.

I think the beancounters need to stay far away from Cadillac. It's hurting any chances of progress being made.

I thought they were integrating the keyfob with the key itself?  Why not?  Is it soo difficult to get a supplier to do that?  Instead.. we have the same old GM parts bin key dangling from what looks to be a big rectangle of buttons with the cadillac crest on it.

Haven't you ever seen a valet key before?

OMG TEHY DIDNT INTEGRATIATE TEH KEYLESS WITH TEH KEY IM TOTALY NOT BUYIN IT NOW IT RUINS TEH CAR 4 SHIZZ !!!``!1`1`1``1~! CADDI IS TEH SUX NOW

Maybe people will buy it because it outperforms almost all the other vehicles in this segment. Haven't we heard that justification before for the poor material quality in Nissan, godawful ergonomics in Infinitis, lousy iDrive in BMW, and shotgun-of-buttons-fired-aimlessly-at-the-dash layout of many VWs, Audis, and apparently the new MDX? That they drive well, so that makes up for it?

OMG TEHY DIDNT INTEGRATIATE TEH KEYLESS WITH TEH KEY IM TOTALY NOT BUYIN IT NOW IT RUINS TEH CAR 4 SHIZZ !!!``!1`1`1``1~! CADDI IS TEH SUX NOW

Maybe people will buy it because it outperforms almost all the other vehicles in this segment. Haven't we heard that justification before for the poor material quality in Nissan, godawful ergonomics in Infinitis, lousy iDrive in BMW, and shotgun-of-buttons-fired-aimlessly-at-the-dash layout of many VWs, Audis, and apparently the new MDX? That they drive well, so that makes up for it?

I previously had a 2003 9-3. The key would get a lot of attention when I would get ready to leave. Many people would ask about what kind of car I had. I think that is reason enough to make an integrated key.

Reason enough so people will ask you what kind of car you drive????

BTW: looked over a 9-3 aero today. What an awful, obviously dated interior! That flat plane dash with the overabundance of vent grids; if I owned one and people wanted to see what I drove because of the key, I would get a generic hardware store replacement to avoid having to show it off.

BTW: looked over a 9-3 aero today. What an awful, obviously dated interior! That flat plane dash with the overabundance of vent grids; if I owned one and people wanted to see what I drove because of the key, I would get a generic hardware store replacement to avoid having to show it off.

:o:unsure::stupid:

Honestly, I can't believe the stuff you come out with.

The 9-3's interior is arguably the best interior of any mainstream GM product. Period.

Would you also have the ignition rewired to the steering column??

The 9-3's key recharges it's self while the car is running. I would much rather have that scenario than replace the battery every few year, but hey, to each their own. If the battery does die, there is still a conventional key within the fob.

Word of mouth is a very cost effective way to sell products.

Believe it or not, the uniqueness of the 9-3 attracted attention. When I'd start the car at night, the auto leveling Xenon lights would go up and down. Passers by would then pay attention to the car.

As for the interior, did you drive the car? The materials are of very high quality and everything is ergonomically laid out...

Can't in a Saab... not with that new fangled key they have.

Honestly, I can't believe the stuff you come out with. 

The 9-3's interior is arguably the best interior of any mainstream GM product.  Period.

last gen Aurora, GTO, GMT-900s, all are superior to the 9-3 in my book.....

Disagree on the GTO, but the 2001 Aurora has the best overall design, ergonomics and execution of any GM vehicle of the past 3 decades. Including the 2006 model year. The GMT900s are good, but they don't even surpass it.

I'd argue the Classic Auroras had better ergonomics in many areas versus the '01, especially in terms of seat control placement and the location of the door handles. If it had a HUD, there would be no better laid-out car.

The GTO's interior is better design-wise, IMO, though the 9-3 has better (but not by a whole lot) materials.

No offense, but I find the GTO interior to be very vanilla and generic. It's virtually symmetrical and just seems nondescript. The 9-3 has better materials by a little bit as you noted, but its design is much more expressive and memorable.

The point about the saab key was that if it made others want to see the car it fit, I would find the interior embarassing and would want to avoid that scenario. This is supposed to be an upscale interior?? An '06 aero convert starts at $42K- what I saw was fitting for something half that price.

Materials are one thing- I did not fondle the car as I didn't know the owner (it was a convert parked on the jobsite), but I'm not addressing those. Most passerbys don't fondle other people's cars but they do look; it's the visual impression I'm referring to. The flat plane of the instrument panel (as opposed to the overall dash) and the plethora of air vent grilles slaps you in the face- too much and too dated. The rest was simply mediocre.

I've not made it secret here of my disdain for saab's existance within GM, but the look-over of the 9-3 yesterday was an unsolicited affirmation of my opinion: there's nothing aspirational here whatsoever. No wonder saab is in such trouble.

Haven't you ever seen a valet key before?

I doubt this is a valet key. If you look closely, it's clearly meant to be detached.

I know I'm overreacting but if a Lexus RX330 and a VW Passat can do it, so can Caddy.

I think it's cool. That's all.

The interior looks really good but I can tell from the photos that all that black plastic will draw a lot of criticism when it ends up in showrooms.

At least the CTS will be amazing. I'm looking forward to that much more then this obviously.

The point about the saab key was that if it made others want to see the car it fit, I would find the interior embarassing and would want to avoid that scenario. This is supposed to be an upscale interior?? An '06 aero convert starts at $42K- what I saw was fitting for something half that price.

Go sit in any current mainstream Cadillac car, and then go sit in a Saab 9-3. The difference in quality is astounding, and while you may be preoccupied with what other people think, you're the one who has to live with the interior day in and day out.

I've not made it secret here of my disdain for saab's existance within GM, but the look-over of the 9-3 yesterday was an unsolicited affirmation of my opinion: there's nothing aspirational here whatsoever. No wonder saab is in such trouble.

Shameless rebadges like 9-2x and 9-7x, and neglected models like the ancient 9-5 are why Saab is in such trouble. You have none other than the General to thank for that.

Go sit in any current mainstream Cadillac car, and then go sit in a Saab 9-3.  The difference in quality is astounding, and while you may be preoccupied with what other people think, you're the one who has to live with the interior day in and day out. 

163521[/snapback]

uhm.. I did have the choice between a CTS or a 9-3, <amongst many others> and it was the interior of the 9-3 that I didn't care for.

Knock the CTS all you want, but it's very ergonomic and has held up quite well, but most of all, I feel very comfortable in the CTS. I never did figure out what the full numeric keypad in the saab was for since it apparently didn't interface with the Onstar.