Drew Dowdell

Detroit 2019: 2020 Cadillac XT6

Cadillac's 3-row crossover finally shows up.

Cadillac released images and information on their all-new 2020 Cadillac XT6 today.  Based on the same chassis as the GMC Acadia, the new XT6 slots between the XT5 and the Escalade in terms of size and price.  Two trims are available, Premium Luxury and Sport.

The XT6 is powered by the familiar 3.6 liter V6 with 310 hp. Active fuel management comes standard and allows the engine to run in 4-cylinder mode when V6 power is not needed.  All-Wheel Drive is available on the Premium Luxury and is standard on Sport. The Sport model's AWD is a more advanced active twin-clutch design.  Sport also comes with Continuous Damping Control (note: Not Magnetic ride control - DD) and a faster steering ratio for more enthusiastic performance.  Power is fed through a 9-speed automatic transmission with Electronic Precision Shift.

Inside the XT6 provides the driver and all passengers with "the best seat in the house". A contemporary interior aesthetic surround occupants with semi-aniline leather seating surfaces, carbon fiber trim on the Sport, and wood on Premium Luxury models.  Additionally available interior features include an in-cabin air ionizer, heated and ventilated front seats, heated second-row seats,  and a standard heated steering wheel. All models come with 6 USB ports for charging devices.

Cadillac's CUE Infotainment system now includes 1-touch pairing with users' phones via near field communication and a new rotary controller with intuitive jog functionality. CUE will now allow drivers to store their profile in the cloud for customization across compatible vehicles.

Additional CUE features include:

• Updated navigation functionality with natural address entry.
    • Capable of supporting SiriusXM 360L.
    • 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot (includes 3GB or three months of data, whichever comes first).
    • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for compatible smartphones.
    • Next-generation, 15-watt wireless charging.
    • Teen Driver.

The 2020 Cadillac XT6  will be built in Spring Hill TN and will go on sale later this year.

2020 Cadillac XT6 Debut.pdf

Interesting that they went with the short Acadia/Blazer wheelbase on this (according to the Car & Driver article). I guess they are saving the longer Traverse/Enclave wheelbase for a future XT7.   C&D called out the interior materials as being cheap and common.  How does it look in person?

Edited by Robert Hall

Should be roundly panned for being so lazily presented.  Not competitive in the class.  Lincoln shows how it is done in this market space.  Profoundly terrible.  Looks like an old XC90's metrosexual brother who was conceived, miraculously, after being strained through the sheets.

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

Agreed, highly disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

You're right.  Same wheelbase as Acadia, but 5 inches longer overall.

Acadia:

Exterior Dimensions

Wheelbase : in 112.5

Length, Overall : in 193.6

XT6

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase: 112.7
    Overall Length: 198.8

• Sad 1

Should be competitive w/ the MDX and RX, though.    Just another AWD/FWD/transverse engine lease appliance gap-filler, nothing aspirational.    The Aviator seems way more compelling.

Edited by Robert Hall
    1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Should be competitive w/ the MDX and RX, though.

I suppose.  I wanted Cadillac to aim higher like the Aviator. The Aviator is going to play in Land Rover's territory. This will be lucky to compete with MDX.

• Sad 1

The problem is GM won't invest in a proper RWD platform to take on Lincoln and the Europeans....so they cheaped out and put a fresh body and interior on a generic appliance platform... reheated rancid meat w/ new toppings.   Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Edited by Robert Hall
    • Sad 1
    1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I suppose.  I wanted Cadillac to aim higher like the Aviator. The Aviator is going to play in Land Rover's territory. This will be lucky to compete with Escape or Ecosport.

Fixed that for you.

44 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Trying to say something positive...I do like the brown color and the wheels.   Like the interior colors also.

Lipstick on a pig.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Once again...now that the ST twins are gone...Jeep seems to be the only domestic building things I actually want to own. This does not warm my heart towards Cadillac.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

I wish I were 6'6" at times like this, I could say I cannot fit in it and that would be that.  Debuts at the bottom of the class.  Who does that?

Mitsubishi...so Glad that Cadillac is following the maker of the Japaneze Zero on a kamikaze path.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Suddenly even to me Ford almost looks good. New Explorer. ..aviator...Escape is better than comparable GM offerings...they will bring out a revised Ecosport to fix that...new Bronco...wonder how much crow I would have to eat if I actually started being positive about Ford?

But if this is GMs nrw direction...Hyundai Santa Fe looks better than this.

I don’t have much time right now to go full throttle on this like I want to but why does this approach remind of a “Cadillac XL7 “. Practically same dimensions. Pedestrian 3.6 v6. Badge engineered stretched common crossover to plug a showroom hole. Done on the cheap. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/suzuki/xl7/2007/specs/xl7-awd-4dr-luxury-w3rd-row-287331

except they’ll probably sticker it at 70k

The Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator will wipe Cadillacs ass off the floor   I never thought I would go back to Ford products but it’s hilarious to see this train wreck

but we also should not be shocked if this becomes Cadillacs main seller  grandma and grandpa would have bought an XT5 if it had a third row, you know

Edited by regfootball
    1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

In a one star hotel with meth addicts on the sidewalk outside no less.

3 minutes ago, regfootball said:

except they’ll probably sticker it at 70k

It's worse than that @regfootball I'll explain more when I'm not driving

11 minutes ago, regfootball said:

And oddly, almost the same design profile

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Luxury-016.jpg

Suzuki-XL7-2007-1280-05.jpg

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

I kinda agree, and at the same time I like the funky front end....

Wonder if it will grow on us in time?

12 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

I kinda agree, and at the same time I like the funky front end....

Wonder if it will grow on us in time?

Unusual to see a Cadillac w/ horizontal headlights..been a while.

The kick up in the quarter window reminds of where Jeep has been going w/ recent designs like the Renegade and Compass.  I bet the next Grand Cherokee greenhouse will resemble this.

Edited by Robert Hall
    7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Unusual to see a Cadillac w/ horizontal headlights..been a while.

Except at 70 K for a Grand Cherokee Jeep will do everything short of having the girl at the reception desk perform an unmentionable act for me.  70K for Cadillac and people at the Bar will wonder why I put a junkyard Cadillac front clip on a Traverse.

20 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

I kinda agree, and at the same time I like the funky front end....

Wonder if it will grow on us in time?

In the same way bacteria on a petri dish grow in a alb.

26 minutes ago, William Maley said:

And oddly, almost the same design profile

2020-Cadillac-XT6-Luxury-016.jpg

Suzuki-XL7-2007-1280-05.jpg

Cadillac Grand Vitara....has a better ring to it than XT6.

Upon further reflection...one legacy brand did not die. Look at this...Spring Hill is still building Saturns!

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

HahaL...true, the Jeep will still have a proper platform I assume... from what I've read, they aren't going w/ the stretched Stelvio platform plan but a revised version of WK2 (as WK3) with short and long wheelbase versions...2021 supposedly.

Edited by Robert Hall

I think it looks better than the XT5, I just didn't mesh with the really stubby proportions of that car.

I tried an experiment where I looked at the photo here that is front head -on 3/4 of it... I covered the light blade with my finger and then I realized... where have I seen this before?

I think this car will sell pretty well, and I think this is what Cadillac purchasers (not customers) ultimately want. This is the XTS replacement. The interior is nice, the outside isn't ugly, and I almost think that Cadillac has realized that their crossover buyers don't cross shop  with the Germans, as Cadilllac doesn't offer anything except the Escalade that can get into really high price ranges and engines bigger than a V6.

I said it before and I'll say it again WE FAILED CADILLAC. Well I didn't cause I actually went out and bought every iteration of Art and Science since 2005 to 2016. Performance was their focal point and many BITCHED AND COMPLAINED.. Cadillac cars are exceptional performers.. possibly the best in the world. CTS, ATS. CT6... come on.. Even the XTS was a helluva performer.. WE BITCHED. Where are the sales? The sales came tho.. they came in the form of the XT5.. and Cadillac... on the brink at one point, is looking to emulate that success. The vehicle will most likely bring in new conquest buyers.

How much?? I'm betting, considering the XT5 starts at $41K.. this will undercut the GLE by about $6K and start at $48K. the AWD version will come in at about $53K or about the same as the Avenir Enclave. I could be off by about $1000.

We knew what this was. We did. Its a longer version of the XT5.. The Lincoln Aviator is a better vehicle in technical presentation.. but I think that this is the better vehicle for sales. U can not have your cake and eat it too. We saw this with the cars. Lexus and Mercedes prove this with appliance vehicles and some performance on the fringe. Cadillac's EV announcement is going to be their fringe. BlackWing will be their other. I also bring attention to the fact that the MKC, MKX, and MKT sales results don't even beat the singular XT5. The lauded CONTINENTAL has failed to outshine the CT6, despite the fact that the CT6 wasn't even the real competitor to it on Caddy's lot.. that always being the XTS, which certainly has outsold it. We'll see.. but its a strong possibility that GM is actually doing the right thing in its move to be different.

My only real unexpected disappointment with this is that it doesn't at least debut with any WOW ENGINE when Caddy has them on shelf. The 3.6LTT from the XTSVSport should have been optional from the start of the press release. I'm not even thinking the Blackwing.. I saying that the XT6 should have debuted with the base engine and the LF3. That simple. That simple. That simple. Exterior looks are very nice IMO. One of teh best looking in the segment. Far better looking than a GLE or GX.. Damn sure better looking than an MDX. The interior comments are ridiculous. Even if the transplanted the XT5's interior its still a very nice interior to be. Some writers are full of $#!+ . The XT5's interior has been praised many times over.

I expect 60K XT4, 55K XT5, and 45K XT6 sales.. Escalade remaining in the 35K range.

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Well optioned but not fully loaded XT6 or Denali Acadia?

I'll take the nicer interior, standard V6, better looks, better ride and more room every time. XT6 there for sure. I don't like the Buick aesthetic, but the Enclave needed to be the hauler like the Traverse so no wrong move by GM there.

This will be better than the RX-L, will match up well against the MDX and style wise above the GLE by a small margin.

XC90 stomps the XT6 tho, and I agree with @Cmicasa the Great, that the Aviator being from a lower cachet Lincoln brand needs to be the better technical product to make a splash. Exactly how the CT6 is better than the Continental in terms of a more finished, developed car.

Though I think a Black Label Aviator vs Platinum XT6 will walk away the winner every single damn time. Cadillac could throw in the LF3 even...

Pretty bland and boring, looks sort of like a Hyundai Santa Fe for double the money which isn’t going to excite anyone or stir up buyers.  I would hope they price this in the high $40s, they better have some incentives ready to roll too.

Out of the gate they are less competitive to the X5, GLE, Q7,MDX, Aviator and XC90. How do you launch at the back of a segment, just think of this vehicle come 2025 when it is still on sale in its current form.

• Sad 1

After months of rumors and spy photos, Cadillac finally spilled the beans on their new high-performance CT4 and CT5 Blackwing. These new models are planned to give German rivals a bruising when they start arriving at dealers later this summer. Here is what we know.
      CT4 Blackwing
      The smaller of the two Blackwing models starts with a twin-turbo 3.6L V6 engine with 472 horsepower and 445 pound-feet of torque. To achieve this power, Cadillac upgraded the various internals with titanium connecting rods and a revised crankshaft. Power is routed to the rear-wheels by either a six-speed manual or ten-speed automatic. Performance figures are impressive with a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission) and a top speed of 189 mph.
      In terms of handling, the CT4 Blackwing features an electronic limited-slip rear differential and latest version of Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 - Cadillac claims the latter is the quickest-reacting suspension in the world. A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires keep the vehicle glued to the road, while optional optional carbon ceramic brakes bring it to a quick stop.
      Visually, the CT4 Blackwing uses a new grille with larger openings to gobble up more air; functional fender vents, front splitter, and a rear spoiler. A carbon fiber package that claims to reduce aerodynamic lift by 214 percent is an option.
      CT5 Blackwing
      For those who want something a bit more mad can direct their attention to the CT5 Blackwing. Under its hood lies a massaged 6.2L supercharged V8 engine with 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque. Again, power is routed to the rear-wheels via a six-speed manual or ten-speed automatic. 0-60 mph takes 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission) and can cruise towards 200-plus mph.
      What does this massaged V8 engine have? For starters. there's a larger supercharger (1.7-liters), aluminum cylinder heads, titanium intake valves, and improved airflow.
      Like the CT4, the CT5 Blackwing gets Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and electronic limited-slip rear differential. A set of forged 19-inch wheels exclusive to the Blackwing come wrapped in a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.
      Outside, a new grille with larger openings to allow for more air, front splitter, and rear spoiler are the key changes to note. A carbon fiber package is optional.
      How Much?
      The CT4 Blackwing will set you back $59,990, and the larger CT5 Blackwing will cost $84,990. Both prices include a $995 destination charge. You can head down to your nearest Cadillac dealer to place a pre-order for either model right now.
      Source: Cadillac
      V-Series Blackwing: Ultimate Track Capability, Zero Compromise
      The 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing, two of the most powerful Cadillacs ever, raise the bar on performance The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing represent the pinnacle of Cadillac performance and craftsmanship, leveraging championship-winning racing heritage to create the most track-capable Cadillacs ever, while continuing to set new standards for luxury and comfort.
      Leveraging a Cadillac racing history that began in 1949 and has seen sustained success over the last two decades, the V-Series Blackwing models were developed with driver engagement and performance at the top of mind.
      “V-Series Blackwing stands for the very highest level of execution from Cadillac and offers a distinctly American vision of performance: incredible power and luxurious craftsmanship, with absolutely zero compromise,” said Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer, Cadillac. “We looked to our championship-winning racing heritage and brought an uncompromising eye for detail to create two cars that elevate the V-Series experience.”
      V-Series Blackwing vehicles build on the already excellent performance dynamics of the CT5-V and CT4-V to create the top tier of the Cadillac sedan lineup.
      Highlights include:
      Evolutions of the track-ready Cadillac 6.2L Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing and 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 in the CT4-V Blackwing Upgraded TREMEC six-speed manual transmission standard Available 10-speed automatic transmission Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential enhanced to reduce mass and improve on-track reliability Advanced suspension refinements providing greater body control and a more agile feel Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, the world’s fastest reacting suspension technology, sharpening the balance between daily-driving comfort and high-performance track capability Unique structural enhancements improving steering response and handling on the track Cadillac’s largest ever factory-installed brakes, available on the CT5-V Blackwing Extensive validation including 12-hour and 24-hour track testing Customizable integrated digital gauge cluster with Custom Launch Control and Performance Traction Management settings Liberating performance
      The CT5-V Blackwing uses an upgraded 6.2L supercharged V8 that, thanks to a higher flow air-intake and revised exhaust system, is rated at 668 horsepower (498 kW) and 659 lb-ft of torque (893 Nm), making it the most powerful production Cadillac ever. Each engine is hand-built at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly facility in Kentucky and features a signed engine builder’s plate.
      The CT4-V Blackwing sports an evolution of the Cadillac 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 that features revised control system software and an improved air intake system to create 472 horsepower (352 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm). The turbos’ low-inertia (titanium-aluminide) turbine wheels enable more precise and responsive application of torque throughout the rev range.
      Highlighted features and output:
      CT5-V Blackwing: 6.2L Supercharged V8 - 668 hp, 659 lb-ft of torque GM-estimated top track speed: over 200 mph GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission) Most powerful Cadillac ever Air intake airflow is improved by 46 percent vs. the CTS-V Compact, high-output 1.7L four-lobe Eaton supercharger with small-diameter rotors that enable boost to be generated earlier in the rpm band for instantaneous response Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads are stronger and handle heat better than conventional aluminum-alloy heads Lightweight titanium intake valves Track-capable wet-sump oiling and vent system with external oil separator and drainback CT4-V Blackwing: 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 - 472 hp, 445 lb-ft of torque GM-estimated top speed: 189 mph GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission) Most powerful and fastest Cadillac in the subcompact class Air intake restriction is improved by 39 percent vs. the ATS-V Turbocharger compressors matched for peak efficiency at peak power for optimal track performance Titanium connecting rods (manual transmission only) and revised crankshaft counterweights reduce main/rod bearing reciprocating loads Re-targeted piston oil squirters, which direct engine oil at the bottoms of the pistons, for improved temperature control The manifold-integrated water-to-air charge cooling system contributes to more immediate torque response Airflow routing volume is reduced by 60 percent when compared to a conventional design that features a remotely mounted heat exchanger Track-capable braking systems
      Both V-Series Blackwing models feature advanced high-performance braking systems that have been extensively track and road-tested. The exclusive V-Series Blackwing wheel designs enable an even larger rotor over the previous CTS-V, making the CT5-V Blackwing braking system the largest factory-installed brakes in Cadillac history. Additionally, an available carbon-ceramic brake package for the CT5-V Blackwing, featuring cross-drilled rotors, deliver several benefits including weight savings, durability and heat management.
      Highlighted features:
      CT4-V Blackwing: 14.96 x 1.34-inch (380 X 34 mm) front rotors and 13.4 x 1.1-inch (340.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors CT5-V Blackwing: 15.67 x 1.42-inch (398 X 36 mm) front rotors and 14.7 x 1.1-inch (373.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors Staggered Brembo® six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers Available on the CT5-V Blackwing, the lightweight carbon-ceramic brake package significantly improves heat management, as well as greater resistance to wear under extreme conditions on the racetrack, while also reducing unsprung mass and rotating mass: 53-pound (24 kg) reduction in unsprung weight 62-pound (28 kg) reduction in rotating mass High-performance copper-free brake linings comply with California law and deliver superior fade resistance with an excellent pedal feel on and off the track Brake systems are integrated to each vehicles’ selectable drive modes, including brake pedal feel. Brake pedal feel can also be assigned within My-Mode and V-Mode Manual transmission is standard
      Rare for sport sedans today, a six-speed TREMEC manual transmission is standard on both vehicles. It has been optimized for each V-Series Blackwing vehicle to provide an engaging experience on the track or on the road. Details include:
      LuK twin-disc clutch for high torque capacity and great pedal feel Active Rev Matching accessible via a console mounted toggle switch to automatically adjust engine speed to match anticipated downshifts No-Lift Shift allowing the driver to shift gears without letting off the gas pedal. In the case of the CT4-V Blackwing, it allows the turbos to remain spooled, resulting in faster lap times Transmission and rear differential cooling – the manual and automatic transmissions use the same track-performance cooling system for greater track performance Clutch and brake pedals positioned for optimal driver ergonomics A physical barrier stop for the clutch pedal rather than a hydraulic master cylinder stop provides greater driver feedback during clutch operation A shorter shifter ratio than previous generations for more precise shifts Ten-speed automatic transmission
      The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing are available with a 10-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. It is tuned to complement the dual-personality experience of each respective model.
      Highlighted features:
      Tap Shift/Manual Mode allowing the driver to use integrated magnesium paddle shifters to select a gear and hold it until selecting the next gear, up or down Sport Mode providing real-time interpretation of driving conditions, adjusting the transmission to reduce shift busyness and improve performance, while retaining aggressive driving dynamics Twenty-four-hour track testing resulted in several improvements in response to the demands of a high-g track environment, including a unique oil pan design and priority valve changes Unique control systems with performance calibrations tailored for each model Ten forward gears offer the most available transmission speeds in each sedans’ respective segments, helping keep the engines within their optimal rpm bands, while also anticipating the next shifts Dynamic Performance Mode is calibrated specifically for V-Series Blackwing to deliver track focused shift patterns and automatically activates when high-g forces are experienced in Sport or Track mode An auxiliary pump primes the automatic transmission system from the time the vehicle door is opened for improved cold-shift performance. Both V-Series Blackwing models also feature an enhanced Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential. It weighs less and has been optimized for each driving mode and each Performance Traction Management setting.
      Highlighted features:
      More control of the rear differential compared to traditional open and mechanical limited-slip differentials Enhances road grip by automatically allocating torque to the rear wheel with the most traction during hard cornering — with the capability of sending up to 1,475 lb-ft (2,000 Nm) of locking torque across the axle High-performance differential cooler An aluminum housing replacing the previous generation cast iron housing, reducing mass by more than 22 pounds (10 kg) Exclusive integrated heat exchanger for enhanced cooling Advanced suspension systems and strengthened chassis
      V-Series Blackwing combines the fourth generation of Magnetic Ride Control (MR 4.0), with improvements to the front and rear suspension systems. Stiffer spring rates, unique hollow stabilizer bars, higher-rate bushings and more enable a driving experience that isolates the driver from road imperfections, while also providing a precise, engaging connection with the road.
      MR 4.0 highlights:
      Immense performance envelope that gave Cadillac engineers the freedom to optimize everyday driving and aggressive track performance New accelerometers and an inertial measurement unit that transmit and process changes in road conditions four times faster than the previous generation system Secondary temperature maps that enable engineers to compensate for changes in damper fluid temperature for more consistent performance, even during performance driving Inertial measurement unit that provides more precise measurements of body motion relative to the wheel for more accurate readings under heavy braking, hard cornering and other driving conditions Improved magnetic flux control that creates a more consistent and accurate transition between rebound and compression Improvements to transient body control that allow the vehicle to remain more level while transitioning between corners MacPherson strut front suspension:
      Ride link includes an all-new 100-percent elastomer bushing on the CT4-V Blackwing and a retuned hydro bushing on the CT5-V Blackwing, for improved ride response Handling link has cross-axis ball joints for improved lateral control and quicker steering response Five-link independent rear suspension:
      Lateral link features stiffer bushings for faster response and increased cornering agility Toe link has cross-axis ball joints for increased stability and driver confidence Rear knuckles have increased stiffness for improved braking and better control during cornering Rear cradle mounts have been stiffened for optimum balance between road comfort and track performance V-Series Blackwing models are built on Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel drive architecture and feature unique structural enhancements including shock tower braces, an underside shear plate and thicker rear cross members to improve chassis rigidity. Along with the unique suspension elements, the stiffer structure enhances steering response, handling and the everyday driving experience.
      All-day performance, on and off the track
      The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing build on Cadillac’s racing heritage and were developed to be track-capable straight from the factory. That includes an intensive validation program to ensure consistent performance during the most challenging track conditions.
      Validation for both models included:
      Twenty-four-hour continuous track testing with the available automatic transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package Twelve-hour continuous track testing with the standard manual transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package Functional aerodynamics, including an available carbon fiber aero package, contribute to the V-Series Blackwing models’ track prowess to support a variety of cooling needs for the cars’ respective engines, transmissions, axles and other supporting systems.
      Additionally, MICHELIN® Pilot Sport 4S tires developed exclusively for the V-Series Blackwing models contribute to their balance of track capability and road comfort. Highlights include:
      Unique, multiple-compound tread composition: Contact patch composed of three unique tread rubber compounds Racing “R compound” used for the majority of the tread Compounds optimized for wet traction, enhanced street and track durability, as well as rolling resistance The mold shape of the tire has been specifically engineered for Blackwing models to optimize contact with the road Tire sizes: CT5-V Blackwing tire size: 275/35ZR19 (front) and 305/30ZR19 (rear) CT4-V Blackwing tire size: 255/35ZR18 (front) and 275/35ZR18 (rear) Both V-Series Blackwing vehicles feature standard forged aluminum alloy wheels with staggered widths, front to rear. These forged wheels are stronger and lighter than conventional cast aluminum.
      Wheel sizes:
      CT5-V Blackwing: Front – 19 x 10 inches / Rear – 19 x 11 inches CT4-V Blackwing: Front – 18 x 9 inches / Rear – 18 x 9.5 inches Coming this summer
      Reservations for both vehicles open on Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET on Cadillac.com, with deliveries later this summer. Pricing begins at $59,9901 for the CT4-V Blackwing and $84,9901 for the CT5-V Blackwing.

CT4 Blackwing
      Highlighted features:
      MR 4.0 highlights:
      All-day performance, on and off the track
      Validation for both models included:
      Wheel sizes:
    • By David
      Here you will find the latest teaser videos from Cadillac.
      Cadillac CELESTIQ
      Cadillac-CELESTIQ-Teaser.mp4
      Cadillac BLACKWING teaser
      BLACKWING-teaser.mp4
      Will add more teasers as Cadillac releases them.

Here is the link for the Cadillac BLACKWING Reveal on February 1st 2021 @ 7pm EST.
      Cadillac Pressroom - United States - V-Series Blackwing
      Volkswagen's electric car offensive has already started in Europe with the ID.3. The next step is taking on the U.S. with the next electric vehicle, the ID.4 introduced today.
      The ID.4 looks very close to the concept that was first shown back in 2017 with such details as the VW logo smack dab in the middle with a light bar running across; wide air dam for the front,  flowing lines, and a full-length lightbar at the rear. In terms of size, the ID.4 is about 4.6 inches shorter, 1.9 inches lower, and 0.5 inches wider than the Tiguan sold in the U.S. No word on weight.
      For the interior, Volkswagen went minimalist. The driver faces 5.3-inch digital display and is able to change gear via a knob on the right side of bezel - similar to the BMW i3. Either a 10 or 12-inch touchscreen display handles the infotainment duties. Interior space is quite generous with 99.9 cubic feet of passenger space and 30.3 cubic feet of cargo space.
      At launch, the ID.4 will only be available with a single electric motor mounted on the rear axle providing 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque. An 82-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack provides the juice. Range is estimated at 250 miles. A dual-motor version with 302 horsepower and all-wheel drive will come out sometime next year.
      For charging, Volkswagen says that on a Level Two charger, the ID.4 takes around 7.5 hours from an empty battery. If you can find a DC fast charger, the recharge time drops significantly: Volkswagen claims that the battery can reach an 80% charge in 38 minutes.
      Pricing for the ID.4 will begin at $39,995 for the base Pro when it arrives at dealers at the end of the year. No mention on destination. But Volkswagen is planning to drop the price of the ID.4 once production begins at the Chattanooga Assembly Plant in Tennessee.

Source: Volkswagen
      Press Release is on Page 2

Volkswagen unveils the all-new 2021 ID.4 electric SUV
      Sep 23, 2020
      Reservations for the ID.4 start online today with 50-state launch in early 2021 MSRP starts at $39,995 for ID.4 Pro before potential $7,500 Federal tax credit Estimated 250 miles of range on ID.4 1st Edition Compact SUV will be available in rear-wheel drive 201-hp 82 kWh (launching first) and all-wheel-drive 302-hp 82 kWh configurations Three years of fast charging with Electrify America at no additional cost Modern design pairs with high-tech features, like DRIVE® advanced driver assistance technology and a smart infotainment system, using voice and touch Localized production in Chattanooga, starting in 2022 with anticipated MSRP around $35,000 Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc. revealed the all-new ID.4 electric SUV today—the brand’s first long-range EV to be sold stateside. This compact SUV will offer all the best features of Volkswagen’s current lineup—hallmark driving dynamics, bold design, and advanced technology—along with long-range EV capability and three years of fast charging with Electrify America for no additional cost, to customers in the largest segment in the U.S., all with a price point aimed at the heart of the segment.
      “The ID.4 was engineered, loaded and priced to win the hearts of SUV owners who are simply ready to go electric—and fall in love with Volkswagen again,” said Scott Keogh, CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. “It drives like a GTI, it has the packaging of a Tiguan and the purpose of the Beetle. All the best things about VW in one package.”
      Powertrain & Charging
      The ID.4 electric compact SUV is based on the modular electric drive architecture (MEB). While it is the brand’s newest platform, it also represents a return to Volkswagen’s roots, with the electric motor located at the rear, just like the original Beetle.
      The heart of the ID.4 is a battery pack comprised of 288 pouch cells in 12 modules, positioned in the underbody to create a low center of gravity for optimal driving dynamics as well as extremely well-balanced weight distribution. It is housed in a lightweight aluminum structure that is bolted to the frame, helping to improve rigidity.
      At launch, the vehicle will be offered with an 82kWh (gross) battery and a rear-mounted AC permanent-magnet synchronous motor with 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque. Volkswagen estimates that the ID.4 82kWh RWD 1st Edition models will have a range of 250 miles with a full charge on the EPA cycle. A powerful, electric all-wheel-drive variant with 302 hp will follow later in 2021.
      The ID.4 also comes with three years of fast charging with Electrify America at no additional cost, helping to reduce range anxiety. The ID.4 can be charged with both alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) fast-charging capability. The 11 kW onboard charger allows the ID.4 to charge the battery 33 miles in about one hour, and charges to full in around seven and a half hours at a home or public Level 2 charger. At a DC fast-charging station, with 125 kW charging, the ID.4 can go from five to 80 percent charged in about 38 minutes.
      Chassis
      The ID.4 is designed to be strong, yet agile. The chassis and body are made from steel. The front suspension is a strut-type with lower control arms, coil springs, telescopic dampers and anti-roll bar. In the rear, the ID.4 uses a multi-link rear axle with coil springs, telescopic dampers and an anti-roll bar. With 3.5 turns lock-to-lock and a stellar curb-to-curb turning radius of 33.5 feet, the ID.4 feels nimble, especially among other compact SUVs.
      A combination of brake types is used on ID.4. It features disc brakes on the front wheels and drum brakes on the rear—the difference being specific to electric vehicle needs. As EVs rely on regenerative braking, disc brakes on the rear can be less effective than drums after long periods of not being put to heavy use.
      Exterior
      Like the platform, the design of ID.4 represents a move towards the future with a nod to the past. At the front, the Volkswagen logo is able to be positioned centrally because there is no radiator grille, as it was on the Beetle. Large LED headlights flow backwards, hinting at the aerodynamic nature of the car, while a sculpted front bumper with large intake-like scoops and honeycomb accents give the car a powerful presence. Models fitted with the Statement package add an illuminated Volkswagen logo and an illuminated light line that stretches outward from it, creating a striking light signature.
      Front to back, clean, flowing lines alternate with crisp edges for a refined, yet futuristic look. A softly molded side section curves under the crisp rising shoulder line and flush illuminated door handles. The low greenhouse runs out into a strong C-pillar—a classic Volkswagen design feature—and into a long spoiler. The ID.4’s aerodynamically refined exterior helps it achieve an excellent drag coefficient of 0.28.
      The ID.4 sits squarely in the middle of the compact SUV segment, size-wise. It is 4.6 inches shorter than the Volkswagen Tiguan, at 180.5 inches, with a 0.9 inch shorter wheelbase at 108.9 inches. It is 1.9 inches lower than Tiguan at 64.4 inches high for the rear-wheel drive model, and 0.5 inches wider, at 72.9 inches.
      The ID.4 will available in six exterior colors—Glacier White Metallic, Mythos Black Metallic, Moonstone Grey, Scale Silver Metallic, Blue Dusk Metallic and King’s Red Metallic. All models come with a body color roof, black roof rails, and 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The Statement package adds a panoramic fixed-glass roof, premium LED projector headlights with Volkswagen’s Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) and power-folding side mirrors with puddle lamp signature, while the Gradient package (sold on top of the Statement package) upgrades to 20-inch wheels, black roof, and silver roof rails and accents.
      Interior
      Volkswagen’s first fully-electric SUV features ample space and a modern design. Passenger volume is similar to the Tiguan despite the overall smaller footprint, with 99.9 cubic feet total. Legroom is a comfortable 41.1 inches for front passengers and 37.6 inches in the rear seat. Cargo volume is 30.3 cubic feet behind the second row, and 64.2 cubic feet with the seats folded.
      The interior of the ID.4 mirrors the futuristic look of the exterior, with functionality almost completely controlled by touch or voice control. The 5.3-inch ID.Cockpit (digital driver display) replaces the traditional instrument cluster and is operated with touch-sensitive controls on the leather-wrapped multifunction heated steering wheel. Three tiles show the most important information, with the display for battery status and range underneath. The traditional gearshift is replaced by a large rocker switch on the right of the ID.Cockpit, and a control panel to the left of the steering wheel integrates the lighting functions, including automatic headlights.
      A 10-inch Discover Pro touch infotainment display is located in the middle of the dash panel, angled slightly towards the driver. This screen can be configured to driver preference, and manages the standard navigation system, all telematics, entertainment, driver-assistance systems and vehicle settings; it is upgraded to a 12-inch Discover Pro Max infotainment display with the Statement package. Menus can be moved using gesture control, simply swiping one’s hand in front of the screen. Sliders for volume and temperature adjustment are located on the inclined surface below the display.
      “Hello ID.” natural voice control is standard in the ID.4. The car follows the instructions spoken by the driver and passengers and is capable of understanding many commands from everyday language, such as “Hello ID., I’m cold” to turn up the heat.
      The ID.4 will feature ID. Light—a light strip below the windshield to support drivers in a host of situations with intuitive lighting effects in different colors and sound prompts. For example, ID. Light signals to the driver that the vehicle’s drive system is active and that the car has been unlocked or locked. It accentuates information issued by some of the driver-assistance and navigation systems and signals, both visually and acoustically, details like charge status indicator, braking prompts and incoming phone calls.
      The steering wheel, steering column, and the housings for the display and control panels in the doors are finished in Piano Black. Seats in the ID.4 are finished in black cloth on entry models and Lunar Gray or Galaxy Black leatherette on models with the Statement package. Entry ID.4 models feature six-way adjustable seats with power recline, while the Statement package adds 12-way power seats, with massage lumbar and memory, as well as 30-color ambient lighting.
      ID.4 offers a range of comfort and convenience features found throughout the rest of the brand’s lineup. Standard features include rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone Climatronic® climate control, and KESSY® keyless access. To manage cold temperatures, the ID.4 features a standard heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors and washer nozzles, and, on all-wheel-drive models, a heated windshield. The Statement package adds SiriusXM® satellite radio with a three-month trial, an adjustable trunk floor, and a power tailgate with Easy Open & Close.
      To complete the high-tech package, ID.4 offers standard wireless mobile charging, wireless App-Connect, and Volkswagen Car-Net® with in-car WiFi capability when you subscribe to a data plan. Car-Net Hotspot allows passengers to access the internet with up to four connected devices simultaneously, including tablets, smartphones, laptops, gaming devices, and more—all at 4G LTE-enabled speed.
      Safety & Driver Assistance Technology
      To help protect occupants, the ID.4 provides a combination of both passive and active safety systems. It features six airbags as standard—front and side airbags for front passengers, and side curtain airbags for outboard seating positions. Additionally there are a number of electronic safety systems, such as an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
      With regards to the battery, an extruded aluminum frame protects the battery system against damage in the event of a crash, and a replaceable aluminum underbody panel protects the battery against the road. Additionally, the battery is also disabled if the vehicle is involved in a serious accident.
      With the standard IQ.DRIVE® advanced driver assistance technology, all ID.4 models include Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist); Blind Spot Monitor (Side Assist); Rear Traffic Alert; Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Lane Keeping System (Lane Assist); Travel Assist; and Emergency Assist. In addition to IQ.DRIVE features, the ID.4 includes Dynamic Road Sign Display; Park Distance Control; and High Beam Control (Light Assist).
      Pricing & Sales
      Pricing for the ID.4 starts at $39,995, for the rear-wheel-drive ID.4 Pro (available in the first quarter of 2021), before a potential Federal tax credit of up to $7,500 is applied. With those credits, the entry price of ID.4 is on par with the 2021 Tiguan SEL.  For highly qualified customers through Volkswagen Credit, the monthly lease payment for a 36-month lease with 10,000 miles a year, is $379 per month with $3,579 due at signing, excluding tax, title, license, options and dealer fees.
      Starting later in 2021, the ID.4 AWD Pro ($43,695) will be available. Both Pro models carry largely the same equipment, with AWD models putting out 302 hp, and adding a heated windshield and tow hitch. These models can be additionally outfitted with two packages—Statement ($4,500), and Gradient ($1,500), which is only offered with Statement.
      The ID.4 launches with a limited-run ID.4 1st Edition (MSRP $43,995). The 1st Edition models feature the same content as the Pro model, and Statement package (minus illuminated VW logo) and Gradient package come standard. These models also include unique features including accelerator and brake pedals with “play” and “pause” logos, the steering wheel and column, radio bezel and door island finished in Electric White, 1st Edition badging, black mirror caps, and a tow hitch.
      Volkswagen plans to offer the ID.4 electric vehicle across all 50 states, and throughout its network of more than 600 dealers. A reservation platform debuts today on VW.com, allowing customers to reserve an ID.4 before it hits dealer showrooms, with a fully refundable $100 reservation fee. As vehicle production starts, reservation holders will be invited to confirm their order with an additional fully refundable $400 vehicle deposit. From placing a reservation, to production and through delivery, the customer can see where they stand and when they can expect their ID. 4 to arrive at their preferred local VW dealer in a simple, transparent process. At that time, the customer can transact with their dealer and complete their purchase.

Source: Volkswagen