2018 Buick Enclave To Begin Just Under $41,000

• How much will the 2018 Enclave set you back?

When the 2018 Buick Enclave hits dealers later this year, it will cost slightly more than the outgoing model.

The redesigned full-size crossover will now begin at $40,970, almost $1,000 more than the current model. But considering how much standard equipment the new model comes with, it seems quite fair. All Enclaves feature keyless entry, hands-free liftgate, three-zone automatic climate control, eight-inch infotainment system with Buick Intellilink, Rear Seat Reminder, and Teen Driver.

The Essence comes up next and the option of all-wheel drive. Prices begin at $45,190 for the FWD model and $47,190 for AWD. Premium comes next with prices of $48,990 and $51,290 respectively.

Topping the Enclave lineup is the new Avenir. Filled with many luxury items such as dual sunroofs, navigation, contrast stitching and piping on the seats, and LED headlights, the top-line Enclave will begin at $54,390 for FWD and $56,690 for AWD.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Roadshow
    Pic Credit: Newspress USA

Report Article

Love the look, wish they had an option for Monochromatic Avenir and Premium version. Not sure why American auto companies think Chrome Everything is a requirement to express that you have a top of the line auto!

:scratchchin:

I think it is appropriately priced.  My one question though is with the Avenir trim, and if that includes everything, or is there another $10,000 in options available on top of that $56,000.    Because we are getting into Audi Q7 territory in the $50s, and $65k is an Audi Q7 Prestige package.  And the Enclave isn't Q7 nice or Q7 fast.   Avenir loaded at $56k I think is still worth it if 3-row crossovers is your thing, but over $60k, why wouldn't you buy the Audi?

And to that point, this is why they need a Cadillac XT7 in a hurry.

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

And to that point, this is why they need a Cadillac XT7 in a hurry.

Because not everyone wants an Audi.

:scratchchin:

Americans are attracted to Bright shiny things.

:scratchchin:

Monochromatic trim seems like a 'sporty' trim of the late 80s-early 90s, and blackout or black chrome seems to be a Millenial thing...I don't get it....regular chrome looks much better, IMO...it's hilarious--I'm in a FB group for Grand Cherokees and the most common posts are people asking about how to black out their chrome trim... black or body color trim just looks cheap to me, like a base trim level, not premium.

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

And to that point, this is why they need a Cadillac XT7 in a hurry.

Because a vast majority of RESPECTABLE Americans and Chinese don't go around lookin for Germans asses to lick between and suck on like U do. They also prefer going out to their vehicles and pushing the button and having them actually WORK 99% of the time.. and not get their pockets drained to do it. Be honest.. U and Hitler would have made great cell mates after WWII wouldn't U have

2 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

A bit much hyperbole, isn't it?  You seem to have some weird hate of German cars and fans of those cars...

Just now, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

A bit? Man I fuckin HATE German and Japanese products. Hate 'em. I can't stand their buyers either,. and have made it a point of letting it be known since I started posting on the Internet some 15 years ago. Ask anyone who knows me out there and they will tell U as well. I'm a fanatic about this. And would have no problem if every God damn one of the companies of Germany, Japan, Korea, India, Italy, and now China ceased to exist and all that was left were GM and Ford. Fuck em. As for their buyers... meh

40 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

A bit? Man I f@#kin HATE German and Japanese products. Hate 'em. I can't stand their buyers either,. and have made it a point of letting it be known since I started posting on the Internet some 15 years ago. Ask anyone who knows me out there and they will tell U as well. I'm a fanatic about this. And would have no problem if every God damn one of the companies of Germany, Japan, Korea, India, Italy, and now China ceased to exist and all that was left were GM and Ford. f@#k em. As for their buyers... meh

Why don't Ford and GM build a better product?   GM had 44% market share in 1980 and has 16% today.  They can look in the mirror as to why that happened.  But the competition makes everyone better and all boats rise with the tide.

As for the Enclave, I think the base and Essence trims are pretty competitive for the size of vehicle with some luxury appointments.  A mid-range Acura MDX is $50k and smaller than the Enclave with similar performance.  If they still make the Lincoln MKT, that would be int he Enclave's segment, but it is no competition, Infiniti Pathfinder is nothing special, so the Enclave is positioned pretty well against this group.  This is also a segment Genesis needs to get into.

Avenir trim is the question mark for me, if that $56k as I said is every bell and whistle Buick has, then I think it is pushing the limits of the brand, but also still would have enough value for buyers.   On the Buick website, it looks like the only Avenir option is a trailering package, so you are pretty much all in at $56k.  So as I said in my first post, it is worth the money at that price, not worth it if it goes over $60k.

Random anecdote--a couple that are old friends of mine who had been lifelong Japanese car buyers recently replaced their '04 Lexus ES and '08 Honda Pilot with a '17 Regal and a '17 Enclave.

4 hours ago, smk4565 said:

And to that point, this is why they need a Cadillac XT7 in a hurry.

When Buick hands out the official pricing list or something else, I'll be able to answer this.

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

That's a very odd perspective.  Very isolationist and unrealistic in a global economy.

And also very self limiting.

I love cars, music, art, tools, food, wine, beer, fiction, movies, clothing, furniture style,

From a number of different countries.

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And also very self limiting.

From a number of different countries.

Me too.

Actually, this gives me the chance to freely love American cars...I love them because of what they are and because I want to, not because I have to.

18 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Good for them...GM, Ford and Mopar are all better off for proving themselves in an unprotected home market.

A lot more players in the market...which is a good thing.  GM in 2017 is building much more interesting stuff than they did in 1980.

2 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

I find too much positive in life to let myself get consumed with hate.

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

GM and Ford are building products, in particular GM with Cadillac, Buick and GMC.. Ford with Lincoln.. that are just as well built, and possibly better than you favs from Germany at about 80%-90% a discount to the consumer. On top of that your 1980 data of 44% is flawed... as in 1980 the sheer amount of makers selling in this country was quite smaller. Furthermore GM market share is currently closer to 17% YTD.. with 2 less brands than in 1980 and again.. several more manufacturers taking a bit out the pie.

And out of curiosity.... what makes an Audi Q7 Premium+ worth the starting price of $53K ?

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Apparently GM "built a better product", eh? ;)

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

GM had 44% market share in 1980 and has 16% today.

In model year 1980, U.S. manufacturers sold 7,601,819 units. Of that General Motors sold 5,053,190, or 66% of domestic production. Fold the 2.37M imports in and the number is 51%. I hope GM 'looked at itself' WRT 'building better products' to address the 'awful 1970s car they made' after seeing those numbers.

But ever-increasing inroads by foreign manufacturers will only lower those numbers by sheer math. Would I care to see GM at 51% again? Not really... tho I would LOVE to see domestic manufacturers back at 75-80% of the market.

31 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

GM and Ford are building better products because the Japanese forced them too.  The Japanese had the small and midsize cars they had crossovers early on while GM and Ford stuck with body on frame getting terrible gas mileage.  Cars like the CTS-V exist because the BMW M5 exists.  Competition force GM and Ford to adapt or die, which they almost did in 2009.  But now they are doing pretty well and the crossover and truck boom helps because that was always a strong spot for GM and Ford.

The Q7 has a really well made interior, far better than and MDX or Infiniti QX60.  The Q7's 4 cylinder beats the V6's in gas mileage and can still accelerate with them, and the Q7 V6 still gets 19/25 which is segment average but it  much faster the other luxury 3 row crossovers at this price.  The Q7 is a full size Audi starting at $50k, that seems like a steal when a mid size VW Touareg costs that.

And for the record there has never been any Audi in history that I had any desire to own or even liked.  When they put the Lamborghini V10 in the A6 that was kind of cool, but I still wouldn't want one.

Edited by smk4565

GM and Ford are building better products because the Japanese forced them too.

How do you think the Japanese built better products?- GM forced them to. '70s Japanese cars were horrendous.

And what about the General Motors & the Japanese effect on Germans products?

Apparently GM "built a better product", eh? ;)

Honda just needs to bring back the Crosstour.

And what about the General Motors & the Japanese effect on Germans products?

Quoted for truth.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.