2018 GMC Terrain To Begin At $25,970

• How much will the 2018 GMC Terrain set you back?

Before the 2018 GMC Terrain hits dealers this summer, the brand has announced pricing for their small crossover.

The base Terrain SL FWD will set you back $25,970 (includes a $975 destination charge), or about $1,900 more than the equivalent 2017 model. SL models come with a proximity key with push-button start, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and LED taillights. If you want all-wheel drive, you'll need to step up to the SLE which starts at $30,545. Opting for front-wheel drive on the SLE drops the price to $28,795. Moving up to the SLE also brings the 1.6L turbodiesel as an option. This will set you back $32,565 (FWD) and $34,315 (AWD).

SLT models which add heated front seats and an upgraded 8-inch infotainment screen begin at $32,295 (FWD) and $34,045 (AWD).

The Terrain Denali kicks off at $38,495 (FWD) and $40,245 (AWD). For the price, it comes with a 2.0L turbo-four offering 252 horsepower, 19-inch wheels, LED headlights, navigation, 7-speaker Bose sound system, heated steering wheel, and a hands-free power tailgate.

Source: GMC
    Press Release is on Page 2

2018 GMC Terrain Starts at $25,970

• Premium compact SUV offers more value with new design, more premium features

DETROIT — Pricing for the all-new 2018 Terrain will start at an MSRP of $25,970[1] when it goes on sale this summer, GMC announced today.

The all-new Terrain offers greater refinement and versatility to adapt to customers’ unique needs, and it’s packed with more available features and advanced safety technologies than ever before. Three all-new turbocharged engines, leading with a 2.0L at launch — followed later with a 1.5L and an available 1.6L turbo-diesel — provide more choices when it comes to performance, efficiency and capability.

“Terrain helped define the premium compact SUV segment and the all-new 2018 model elevates it with a stronger roster of standard and available features,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “GMC’s proven SUV experience makes it a more compelling choice than ever, with a strong blend of design, functionality and engineering excellence.”

The all-new GMC Terrain provides great value in packaging with a host of standard premium features, including a new 170-hp, 1.5L turbo engine paired with a new nine-speed automatic transmission; driver-controllable Traction Select system; signature LED daytime running lamps and taillamps; leather-wrapped steering wheel; flat-folding front passenger seat; and keyless open and start.

The Terrain Denali raises the bar even further to add a standard 252-hp, 2.0L turbo engine; 19-inch ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels; LED headlamps; heated leather-wrapped steering wheel; hands-free power programmable liftgate; an 8-inch diagonal infotainment system with navigation; Bose premium seven-speaker audio system; and a suite of standard safety features that includes:

• Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert

• Terrain SLT AWD — $34,045
    • Terrain SLT Diesel AWD — $36,890

Terrain Denali Starting MSRPs

• Terrain Denali FWD — $38,495
    • Terrain Denali AWD — $40,245

Report Article

I continue to try and find something wrong with this vehicle and can't. If this is 450lbs lighter than my daughter's 'Nox.. the difference in HP from the V6 to this one's 2.0L will be null.. and based on my experience with the 2.0L in other vehicles.. probably make it more spry. Good looking exterior.. and that interior is a hit. It actually looks luxury, IMO, even in base form

These are great on the inside, a strong contender for those that don't need the cargo space of the top sellers.

4 minutes ago, frogger said:

They are tweeners.  They start about $2k more than a CR-V, but have more space... or $4k less than a Pilot and have less space.

Behind the back seat they are more Tucson sized.   The specifications state just under 30 cubic feet cargo capacity vs the just under 40 cubic feet of the Rogue, CRV, Rav4.  Maybe those 30 are more user friendly than the 40ish in the mainstream somehow.  The Regal Sportback has 31, but I doubt it is all as usable as a traditional CUV.

Edited by frogger

Upon further inspection, I am still not sold on the exterior of the Terrain. There is just a lack of cohesive design here. I'm sure the interior is light years better but I would not be able to get past the outside of this thing.

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Odd, after years of being the outsider here and liking foreign made vehicles...GM builds something I would really like to own and no one else likes it.

I must not be living right.

Yeah..  But the truth of the matter is that most who buy this type of vehicle are not looking to carry around tree stumps and what not. The most they will pack in these or any in their class are gonna be bags of groceries. These.. THESE.. more than even the Yukons and Acadia sizes.. are the station wagons of our day. Oh.. Speaking of the Yukon and Acadia and Acadia+..  GMC has other options they can present to any custom looks for more room. More options in fact.. than any Honda dealership

1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

I would agree with your sentiments.  I am not a GM SUV type of a guy, but I see a test drive in my future.  I really, really like it...a lot!

Edited by A Horse With No Name

18 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I must not be living right.

Your living just fine! Over all the look is fine with me too. I just have issue with that Blind Spot between C&D as big as Texas and those hideous head lights.

14 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

ohhh   very much so...and the interior is much nicer than any Honda product!

Just now, dfelt said:

I think it is a little bit polarizing, but we will get used to it.  Better that than the snow plow predator front of a Lexus SUV....my sons girlfriends father bought one of those Lexus...son and his GF hate the thing with a purple passion.

@William Maley Bill do you know if they will have the All-Terrain package on this at launch? I love everything that is in the Denali package but the Chrome. Give me Monochromatic please! :D

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

ohhh   very much so...and the interior is much nicer than any Honda product!

Love Predator Movies, TOTALLY AGREE as I HATE the Predator look on Lexus Auto's.

At the moment, no. That could change in the next year or two.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the front end (and that's not a good thing).

IMG_4760.JPG

34 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

IMG_4760.JPG

Yea, this is the ugliest 4Runner to date. I just do not get Toyota's Styling thought. At least they keept the visibility between the C & D pillars with a nice big Window.

44 minutes ago, William Maley said:

At the moment, no. That could change in the next year or two.

I can see 1yr but 2yrs would be just stupid IMHO. Personally they should have it at launch. Thank you for giving us your input Bill. :)

:thumbsup: So the SLT would do me fine as I can get the either the 1.6L Turbo Diesel or 2.0L Turbo Gas. I can get just about everything else I want. :glare: Yet what Moron at GMC feels that only Denali passengers would want second row heated seats and Surround Vision? Jeep does this on their lower trim versions that this will compete with, GMC needs to step up.

Agree on them stepping up, but I can be happy with a very basic vehicle.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.