SUV Z71 info

Hey they (GMI)let the cat out of the bag on the Z71 package finaly. I'm not too keen on the bumper (it's what most people were knockin the siverado for)

GMI thread

Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche Z71 Content (ava. on 2LTand 3LT, 2WD and 4WD)

• Exterior: BPH: Appearance Package:

Redesigned front fascia with satin chrome grill insert and lower skid plate appearance with increased approach angle

Satin chrome door handles and mirror caps

Z71 badges (LT badges removed)

G80: Rear Locking Differential

B71: Wheel Flares -body color

N87: 18" Aluminum Wheel

QXN: 18" On/Off Road Tire, P265/65R-18 Blackwall

NZZ: Skid Plate Package

BVV: Tubular Assist Steps (satin chrome)

Z71: Off Road Suspension with high-pressure, gas-charged mono-tube shocks

K47: High Capacity Air Cleaner

V76: Tow Hooks

Colors: Black 41U, Silver Birch 59U, Sport Red 63U, Bermuda Blue 26U, White 50U, Antique Bronze 53U (Antique Bronze on Tahoe & Suburban only)

• Interior: Leather appointed Ebony seats or Ebony seat accented with Morocco Brown or Light Titanium inserts:

I/P trim plates in brush metal, similar to LS, plus brush metal plates added to steering wheel (replaces wood grain)

Unique cluster appearance with Z71 badging

Edited by 84jeepjohn

Ew, I don't want to join GMI to see the pictures.  Is it legal for someone to provide a link to a non-member?

166905[/snapback]

I second that...

... we really need a smiley that conveys the message of the "I'm with stupid" one, but whithout the "stupid" part.

I second that...

... we really need a smiley that conveys the message of the "I'm with stupid" one, but whithout the "stupid" part.

166906[/snapback]

so ya'll are complaining that I sent info out so you to see. if you do not like the site, then do not go. If you're going to be negitive then do not reply.

so ya'll are complaining that I sent info out so you to see. if you do not like the site, then do not go. If you're going to be negitive then do not reply.

166968[/snapback]

I'm not complaining about the info, only about the fact that I'm not a GMI member and can't view it.

It's very very attractive!!!

I still think the ugliest part of the GMT900's is the rear-end... gross!

But very nice update! Man, August, septemer, and October are going to be hot months! This, plus a new Silverado, plus GM will announce if they're going to bring out the camaro or not... freakin sweet!!!

Why???

This seems like a waste-of-money for something that won't impact sales. Who goes off-roading in a Suburban anyway?

167275[/snapback]

Personaly if it gives me "slightly bigger tires and a bit more height, I'll take it because of that (if the wife likes it more than the LT :) ) I prefer to sit up higher (been riding in Jacked up trucks and jeeps since 93' :)

Why???

This seems like a waste-of-money for something that won't impact sales. Who goes off-roading in a Suburban anyway?

167275[/snapback]

Well, a few do, but for the most part, the reason the Z71 SUV models have always sold since the intro of the trim level in '01 is looks--I know several people who own them, and a few that have come from LS/LT's before, and it's always because the Z71 was the same price but looked a lot different and cooler to them.

This time around, though, I think I like the LS/LT better...completley opposite of the older style.

Edited by caddycruiser

This WILL be my next truck. I love the looks of the LTZs, but I love the basass look of this even more. Those look like the same wheels that we saw on the silverado in the spy pics and I like them a lot. Especially that they are 18s. 20s aren't too great for bouncing through fields unless you can put some big rubber on them. Way to go GM.

Someone put some Preparation-H on that front bumper! It's huge!  :blink:

Other than that, looks awesome. Was hoping for some tires a little bigger than 31.5 inches tall and 10.5 wide, but whatever. Great job Chevy! :thumbsup:

169754[/snapback]

No! Front bumper looks great. Everything about that truck is fantastic, IMO. Looks like its going to f@#king eat you and your family, which is the way its suppose to look. I LOVE it! :ohyeah:

How much will one of these run? I was all set to get a new Avalanche and then I see this....and now I play that crappy waiting game again. I couldnt imagine a better looking truck than the new Avalanche...and then I see this and eat my own words. This thing looks incredible. Those fender flares, wheels, tires and grille make it quite easily the most aggressive looking truck out there...take that Titan. Anyway, how much is this going to cost so I know how much to save?? Hurry up and build it Chevy!!!

How much will one of these run? I was all set to get a new Avalanche and then I see this....and now I play that crappy waiting game again. I couldnt imagine a better looking truck than the new Avalanche...and then I see this and eat my own words. This thing looks incredible. Those fender flares, wheels, tires and grille make it quite easily the most aggressive looking truck out there...take that Titan. Anyway, how much is this going to cost so I know how much to save?? Hurry up and build it Chevy!!!

169917[/snapback]

And that is the million dollar question :(

I hope it's not "too much" being it's basicaly an apperance package. Now if it "came with" the 6.0 AND 6 speed, well I could see GOOD things for the package. I like it (personaly I DO NOT like the brushed aluminum/steel piecse on the interior. I prefer the wood. I wish you could order it either way)

Unfortunatly I'm expecting it to be a LARGE $$ premium, but we'll see.

I hope the Avalanche will see some styling like this in the near future. Kick ass.

169795[/snapback]

Look back to the orriginal post

"Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche Z71 Content (ava. on 2LTand 3LT, 2WD and 4WD)"

See Avalanche right there. It should look the exact same except for the back top.

over on GMI sgfootball2006 has a chop of an Avalanche as his avitar.

Edited by 84jeepjohn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Z71's have been orderable for a little time now.

Now, mainly, instead of a stand-alone model, the Z71 is a suspension/appearance package available on top of LT2 and LT3 models, both 2wd and 4wd like before.

According to KBB, the Z71 package is priced at $1795.

That's a nice interior.  I'm SO happy to see people are starting to add some color into their interiors!

193091[/snapback]

Agreed. It seems as soon as they chose Morroco brown as an option for the Saturn and saw how rich and luxurious it looked over the typical black/grey/beige, that they immediately went looking to see what else they could put it in.

Hence, it's now a choice in some G6's and also in the Z71 Tahoe/Suburban--the latter of which, I had thought was only going to have the black/grey 2-tone seats only, but now does look GORGEOUS with the morroco/black as well.