What does your name actually mean?

Austin: Revered, Exalted

Waisanen: The Road + the common finnish surname suffiix -nen.(Väisänen, is the correct finnish spelling)

First Name meaning found at http://babynames.com/ in the left side corner theres a place to type in your first name.

Last Name at http://www.ancestry.com/search/SurnamePage...&fn=John&ln=Doe

under the map theres a place to type in your last name.

Jeremy - Origin... Hebrew (I'm definately not Jewish) From the name Jeremiah.

"God Will Uplift"

Suckers. No wonder I can be such an asshole at times! I'm going to heaven anyway! I can join the RWD mafia, pollute the earth, and rag on hippies and do gooders!

... Maybe I'll go beat up some midgets, and create a major energy trading company, get loads of investors and then perpetrate major accounting irregularities and ride the rollercoaster!!!

Robert: Bright Fame, English (first name)

Wade: from the water or ocean, English (first middle name)

Jacob: Supplanter, Hebrew (second middle name)

Sturgill: (third middle name..can't find anything on this old family name)

Hall : hill, or from the manor, English (last name)

Edited by moltar

Stephen: Crowned one (Greek)

William: Protector (English)

Kunze: North German derivitive of Old High German "Kuntz"-meaning bold, brave, experienced, and possibly even race or people.

Michael: Hebrew (but I'm not Jewish), meaning "Who is like God?"

Musial: Polish (I am 50%), meaning "He had to do it."

My mom wanted to name me Stosh, which is the shortened form of Stanley in Polish. They didn't want to name me Stan because of Stan Musial the baseball player. I would have liked Stosh more than Michael because it's less common.

Daniel- origin Hebrew, means "God is my Judge"

Christopher- origin hybrid Hebrew/Greek, means "Bearer of Christ"

Kuhlmeyer- origin German

Kuhl= "Small villiage in a valley" Meyer= "mayor"

so I'm the "town mayor".

And I did all this without looking.

Edited by Turbojett

Brandon

Little Raven

Origin: Celtic/Gaelic

Stats:

3706 total votes

598 have this name

166 wish they had this name

600 gave this name to their child

Last Name: Lutz

1. German: from a short form or pet form of Ludwig.

2. South German (Lütz): from a short form of a name Luizo, Liuzo, derived from a Germanic name formed with liut- ‘people’ as the first element.

3. French: habitational name from Lutz-en-Dunois in Eure-et-Loir. This is a common name in PA and OH.

Now what is freaky about the orgin and the Little Raven part is this: My CB call sign is Raven. My gamertags on various games are Raven, and my favorite bird is a Raven. Thats kinda freaky how that worked out.

Well, most of you guys know my first name, it's been posted enough recently, and it's been defined in this thread as meaning "protector". My last name is a variation on the German word for white. The spelling was changed upon emigration so it was more easily pronounced here. Does anyone else know if their family name was changed when their ancestors moved here?

Well, most of you guys know my first name, it's been posted enough recently, and it's been defined in this thread as meaning "protector". 

176243[/snapback]

Really, I thought it would have meant "constantly horny." :lol:

Calvin: Bald

I know my friend of the same name is becoming, but I'm certainly not... :blink:

Cheung: Cantonese variant of Zhang

the origin of this name goes back 4500 years to a grandson of the legendary emperor Huang Di (2697–2595 bc), surnamed Hui. Hui invented bows and arrows, and was put in charge of their production. In honor of his deeds, he was given as surname the character pronounced Zhang, which is composed of the symbols for ‘bow’ and ‘long’, meaning to ‘stretch open a bow’. Zhang has now become one of the most common names in China.

Well, most of you guys know my first name, it's been posted enough recently, and it's been defined in this thread as meaning "protector".  My last name is a variation on the German word for white.  The spelling was changed upon emigration so it was more easily pronounced here.  Does anyone else know if their family name was changed when their ancestors moved here?

176243[/snapback]

Yea OCNBLU my last name was changed from Vaisanen to Waisanen because the finnish alphabet doesnt have a W, and alot oof immigrant ancestors had there first name changed as well.

Well, most of you guys know my first name, it's been posted enough recently, and it's been defined in this thread as meaning "protector".  My last name is a variation on the German word for white.  The spelling was changed upon emigration so it was more easily pronounced here.  Does anyone else know if their family name was changed when their ancestors moved here?

176243[/snapback]

Mine was changed for obvious reasons... There's no Chinese characters in the English Alphabet. :P:lol:

176243[/snapback]

William Weiss?