Talladega Nights

So i just got back from this movie, and i have to say it was the best movie i have seen this year!!!

Will Ferrel is great, as usual. The racing is really good, and makes the movie almost seem believable.

I would recommend this movie for everyone!!

Time to unleash the cougar

So i just got back from this movie, and i have to say it was the best movie i have seen this year!!!

Will Ferrel is great, as usual.  The racing is really good, and makes the movie almost seem believable.

I would recommend this movie for everyone!!

Time to unleash the cougar

176113[/snapback]

I knew we should of gone to that one, last night we went to John Tucker Must Die cause my friend insisted that it wasnt a chick flick but a Comedy..we eventually knew before the movie started during the previews that it was a chick flick because theyre were like 2 dozen chicks and 5 guys , 3 being us and 2 being couples. It sucked.

I saw it today with a friend. I enjoyed it; much funnier than I expected.

BUT

I would say that Anchorman was funnier than this.

I still recommend you see it, even if it means ponying up $10 for a ticket.

At Cornerstone (music festival I went to a month ago), one of the guys I was camping with kept running around yelling "Tom Cruise, SAVE ME WITH YOUR WITCHCRAFT!!!"

My understanding is that it's from this movie? *shrug* It was funny, though...

Um. Yeah. Movie looks funny. I should watch it. Yeah.

*not sure if any of that was worth posting*

Edited by PurdueGuy

I hate NASCAR and even though this movie pokes fun at it, most NASCAR fans would go see it because they don't realize that it makes fun of them. I don't want to be in the same theatre as them. Does that make me evil? Probably. I'll rent it when it comes out.

Edited by Cadillacfan

NASCAR is my least favorite form of racing but I cant imagine that everyone that likes NASCAR or would go to this movie is some type of inferior being unworthy of sharing oxygen with..........I have met people that are unworthy of oxygen, most of whom apply stereotypes

"oh no!, Im all alone in a dark room with a bunch of..................... NASCAR people"

ew chillin :huh:

evil no, insecure yes

Absolutely hilarious. Here comes another year of quotes. Definitely a comedy worth seeing again.

IMO, the first viewing was more digestable than Anchorman (which I didn't find funny til the 2nd time around, kinda like Office Space). See it!

Haven't seen it, but will. Went with my girlfriend to finally see Pirates of the Carribbean last night.

And $10 for a ticket? You guys are nuts. We pay $10 for both of us...

176716[/snapback]

Must be a matinee at a cheap theater... it's $7 here for a matinee or $9 for evening (for first run films). Plus $1 for the Fandango 'convenience fee' to buy online.

Edited by moltar

Must be a matinee at a cheap theater... it's $7 here for a matinee or $9 for evening (for first run films).  Plus $1 for the Fandango 'convenience fee' to buy online.

176717[/snapback]

Not even. AMC w/student IDs. The most I've ever paid for one movie ticket was $7.50 for a premiere.

There use to be a $1 movie theatre that showed several month-old movies, but they shut down. A shame.

Not even. AMC w/student IDs. The most I've ever paid for one movie ticket was $7.50 for a premiere.

There use to be a $1 movie theatre that showed several month-old movies, but they shut down. A shame.

176720[/snapback]

we have one of the $1 theaters and as soon as this hits that theater....ill go a few times, but i did see it this weekend and loved it and im a nascar fan

NASCAR is my least favorite form of racing but I cant imagine that everyone that likes NASCAR or would go to this movie is some type of inferior being unworthy of sharing oxygen with..........I have met people that are unworthy of oxygen, most of whom apply stereotypes

"oh no!, Im all alone in a dark room with a bunch of..................... NASCAR people"

ew chillin  :huh:

evil no, insecure yes

176456[/snapback]

it's called sarcasm.

I have been there before, they show movies like 4 months after they come out.

177612[/snapback]

Somtimes when they start playing there you can go rent the DVD.

Never been to a 1$ theater before but then again around where im at tickets are very low priced. I onced went to a regular theater in Lafallett, TN that was like 3$ a ticket. Unfortunately i got forced into watching Superman *cringes in pain* so it was like a waste of money.

I saw Talladega Nights yesterday. It was hilarious. I loved the part when he stuck the knife in his leg so they tried to pry it out with another knife.

177870[/snapback]

lmao Yeah!

I saw it yesterday, too. Took the lil sis' for her birthday. Pretty damn funny.. even if you don't like NASCAR, like me.

This month's issue of Automobile has an interview with

Will Ferrel. He even mentiones the Red Dragon. :P

• 2 weeks later...