haircuts

OK, I've about had it. I never have time or a big budget for a personal stylist so I always end up going to the less expensive walk in places for a hair cut.

And as much as I try to establish a relationship with ONE person who gets to know my hair and the way I want it, its inevitable. New person every time. I thought I had one...she was so sweet and cut my hair beautifully. Then, I think she got married and quit her job.

I'm hurt. She left me. Now i had to get my hair cut by someone new.

Different cut every time. And its never a great style. I guess that's what I get when you gotta go cheap and easy.

Its like trying to find a long term relationship vs. slutty one night stands. You have to give more and commit more to get a real realtionship. If you look for cheap and easy you get nothing but heartbreak.

Sometimes I fantasize about having one person to cut my hair for the rest of my life. Really. Every single haircut recently becomes a 'what will they f up this time'? sort of the deal.

I want someone who knows...ME. Someone who appreciates me, the way I am and knows how to help me be the way I want to be. Someone I can put my trust in, that they will help me and lead me there. Someone who will take care of me and let me know everything will be alright. Someone who I can tell about my day. Someone who speaks English.

I'm tired of being alone. I need...a stylist.

:hissyfit:

Not just a cutter.

like 2 times ago the chick who was cutting my hair did not read my preferences right in the computer. IT said, trimmer on the SIDES. She starts slashing away all the hair on the back of my head too!

SLOW DOWN, HAIR BEEOCH!

Edited by regfootball

Can you spell C-O-U-P-O-N ?

Usually it's Great Clips, followed by Fantastic Sams. Supercuts doesn't seem to run any specials.

Story along the same lines as yours:

This one girl in Portland once cut my hair. She was an attractive green-eyed, auburn haired chick from one of the towns south of Portland. I remember she was married. About a year later, I called that Great Clips looking for her as I wanted her to cut my hair. They said she was working at another Great Clips in the metro area, so I went there. Well, she was there...but I couldn't recognize her. She weighed about an additional 50 to 70 pounds. I was speechless. During the conversation, I asked her if she had kids (trying to see if there was a recent pregnancy). She told me she had a 7-year old daughter. I thought:

STOP SLAM DUNKING THOSE OREOS

Yeah, I go to the same Hair Cuttery location at the mall every time. Most of the girls are familiar, but I haven't been getting the same person every time. Thus, all my hair cuts end up being different, even though I ask for the same thing every time... "one" on the sides, faded into a "six" on top.

Last time I got out of the chair to leave and faced the people waiting their turn, I could tell what they were thinking... "He must have asked for a 'Forrest Gump'."

Chas does my hair because that is his profession. It's annoying that a simple mens haircut with my admittedly small amount of hair takes an hour and half.... but he's a bit of a perfectionist about it so it *always* looks great. The best part is, I get a high end salon haircut <that's where he works> and I don't have to pay anything.. and I don't have to tip..... well... with money that is. :AH-HA_wink: :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Oldsmoboi

You guys go back to people who use clippers?

Clippers are for shaving the hair off your neck and from around your ears, not for trimming the hair on your head. As soon as they ask me what "number" to do my head with, I'm gone. Give me a real, old-fashioned barber who can use scissors the proper way.

I go to an Italian barber shop here in Toronto that would be right at home in the '50s.

I go to an Italian barber shop here in Toronto that would be right at home in the '50s.

183879[/snapback]

Does he have any cute, slender, unmarried, childless and "university" educated daughters who speak Italian? :lol:

I went to a family-friend back in B.C. who is a stylist. She did excellent cuts. When I moved here to Sask., I started going to a salon that received some good feedback; however, I never could get the same person by way of their busy schedule, so I just decided to grab my razor and just giver'. For my first time, it worked out quite well. My mom used to cut my hair as a kid, so I knew what the routine was. Summer was coming, so it went down to the shorties of 1" all around with tappered sides. It's probably the next phase until I shave it completely bald after enough of it receeds from my noggin'.

Now it's just self-done electric razor maintenance.

That's quite the list of specs.

183929[/snapback]

Well, let's analyze the list, TYD.

Them: Cute - regarding me: I'd like to think I'm ok-looking

Them: Slender - regarding me: 10 lbs over, evenly distributed, about 2 months work to get rid of it....also, if they are overweight, my "equipment" doesn't work

Them: Unmarried - regarding me: single

Them: Childless - regarding me: childless, don't want to help someone raise their mistakes

Them: Educated - regarding me: have 2 masters, I'll settle for a bachelor's degree in aything just so I can see some commitment to getting a university education

Them: Speaks Italian, optional, really - regarding me: I speak it and enjoy it ... it would be a common interest

I don't think there's anything here out of bounds.

I have had overweight, undereducated, divorced women with kids, typically in admin. roles, hit on me at places I've worked and I can't RUN fast enough. No thanks.

Edited by trinacriabob

TCB - understood, man. Just giving you a hard time.

:lol:  There are a few ways to take that, all funny.

183956[/snapback]

Take it the simplest of ways...the blubber brings on temporary impotence.

My hair is so simple, there's no point for me to spend a lot of money to get a professional cut. However, now that I'm growing my hair longer, when it hits desired length I'm going to start going to a pro.

Yeah, I go to the same Hair Cuttery location at the mall every time.  Most of the girls are familiar, but I haven't been getting the same person every time.  Thus, all my hair cuts end up being different, even though I ask for the same thing every time... "one" on the sides, faded into a "six" on top. 

Last time I got out of the chair to leave and faced the people waiting their turn, I could tell what they were thinking... "He must have asked for a 'Forrest Gump'."

183859[/snapback]

blu, is your do 'PHRANC'?

Posted Image

or shorter?

Edited by regfootball

Chas does my hair because that is his profession.  It's annoying that a simple mens haircut with my admittedly small amount of hair takes an hour and half.... but he's a bit of a perfectionist about it so it *always* looks great.  The best part is, I get a high end salon haircut <that's where he works> and I don't have to pay anything.. and I don't have to tip..... well... with money that is. :AH-HA_wink:  :AH-HA_wink:

183878[/snapback]

SLUT! :lol::ohyeah:

Well, let's analyze the list, TYD.

Them: Cute -  regarding me:  I'd like to think I'm ok-looking

Them: Slender - regarding me: 10 lbs over, evenly distributed, about 2 months work to get rid of it....also, if they are overweight, my "equipment" doesn't work

Them: Unmarried - regarding me: single

Them: Childless - regarding me: childless, don't want to help someone raise their mistakes

Them: Educated -  regarding me: have 2 masters, I'll settle for a bachelor's degree in aything just so I can see some commitment to getting a university education

Them: Speaks Italian, optional, really - regarding me:  I speak it and enjoy it ... it would be a common interest

I don't think there's anything here out of bounds. 

I have had overweight, undereducated, divorced women with kids, typically in admin. roles, hit on me at places I've worked and I can't RUN fast enough.  No thanks.

183950[/snapback]

the dream woman you describe is also not bitchy or opinionated, she bows to everything you say and puts out on demand. she is not obsessive about cleanliness in the house or how JUST SO the furniture is.

reality, she makes 100k a yr herself and is married to an exec/CEO type douchebag with hair plugs and a Lexus who himself pulls 200g. they have perfect looking children. women like that are all taken by age 25. If you are over 30, your chances of finding one to your spec are close to nil. hence, admin girls who want to jump your bones and get you hooked to support their mistakes so they can stay home while u work your arse off to support them.

i am so nasty.

Edited by regfootball

women like that are all taken by age 25.  If you are over 30, your chances of finding one to your spec are close to nil.  hence, admin girls who want to jump your bones and get you hooked to support their mistakes so they can stay home while u work your arse off to support them.

i am so nasty.

184080[/snapback]

Reg, word! No, that's why I like you...you speak the truth.

The normal ones with the whole package are spoken for between 25 and 30 and guys usually hang on to them. Not many linger around past 30 unless they are on the cusp of finishing a grad program of some sort which they started in their late 20s.

EXCEPTION: virtually every woman I know who has those attributes and is SINGLE has had a serious trauma in their childhood, usually sexual abuse...and you will psychologically pay for what daddy, uncle or bro did to them. I know a couple of chicks like that. Trust me, my own palm is better than putting up with their head games. They are truly head cases.

And furthermore, I prefer the companionship of a nice Australian Shepherd or Border Collie than helping to raise an "admin girl's" mistake(s). If I have yet to date or give a second look to a divorcee with kids by now, I doubt I ever will. No effin' way!

&#036;h&#33;, I forgot, what was this thread about?

Edited by trinacriabob

I've dated girls with kids. I don't care.

Then again, a lot of the tools I grew up with don't know how to use a damn condom. Brantford has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Canada, consistently every year for 7 straight now. Of all the girls I still keep in touch with from Brantford, every one of them has either had a kid, and abortion, or a miscarriage.

Bob is the most misogynistic person on this forum. He forgets that that girl's "mistake" could not have happened without a dick. And what is a dick attached to? That's right, a man. Two to tango, and all that old stuff. Birth control is a two-party decision.

And, ew reg... I am not a drag king, like Phranc. Yeah, my hair is shorter and it's not poofy on top like hers.

184142[/snapback]

Oh, I do...in a big way.

First, being single (and I mean single, not divorced) means, to me, I am in a totally different space in life. I can't even relate to a single mom. And most talk about their kids. I don't want to hear about kids created with someone else's sperm. Hanging around other singles who don't have kids is a lot more comfortable.

A lot of their interest could be that they eventually want to syphon (sp?) some of your stuff into their world. How would you feel about celebrating her kid(s)' bull&#036;h&#33; - birthdays, graduations, etc. - and have to pony up for a kid who will never treat you like a parent, if it were to come to that.

Another thing, especially as you describe, is when you go down the road that some have (teen pregnancies, abortions, etc), the professional world is something foreign to them -- they will never be a part of the professional world and they will be a liability to you if you are a part of it.

I date very little because 1) I won't date women with kids (unless the husband has died) and 2) I soon discard the single, childless ones who haven't gotten over daddy's alcoholism or sexual abuse issues (as it relates to them) or who feel less than complete because of reproductive issues (can't have kids but want to). Either way, too much work.

And this is supposed to be about haircuts. It totally sickens me that we have expressions like "taking him to the cleaners." The fact that a male has a penis and went to school to become a professional makes him a target of this. It's wrong. And it bites my ass when the woman has not accomplished anything professionally in her life. Face it, it is exponentially easier to raise healthy children (no birth defects or recurrent chronic conditions) than it is to go make a living in a challenging field. And one way to protect yourself from the "be needed instead of wanted" syndrome is DINK - dual income, no kids. Sad, but true.

Sorry if I am harsh. I have been "objectified" in this regard WAAAAYYY too much.

Bob is the most misogynistic person on this forum.

184212[/snapback]

Oh, I agree...but then I've experienced some truly horrendous stuff which I have immediately deflected which you haven't since you don't dabble in this arena. And you are also one of the few, if not the only person on this forum, who loves to point this out. You are welcome to attack me in a PM rather than on the public end of the board.

The reference to the "mistake" isn't about the sexual act and responsibility, it's about the fact that the burden of that "mistake" will be partially shifted on you and that "mistake" will probably never respect you and love you like a traditional "nuclear" parent.

I'm not at all mysoginistic to/regarding women who have degrees, good jobs, don't need someone else's money and have used good judgment about the use of their eggs.

Let's not go down this road, Bill.

This is going to sound really dumb, but my mom cuts my hair :P

I can't see the point in paying money for a haircut, when I get a basic cut that just about anybody can do. 1" on top and 3/4" on sides.

I like to think of myself as frugal, not cheap ;]

Ah... but I have dabbled in that arena.

184224[/snapback]

Past tense, not present...that's why it's easy to take these potshots at people whose intricate life details and experiences you don't know beyond snippets of "this and that" you read in cyberspace.

Precisely.  Take your own advice.

184230[/snapback]

Nice one, but falls short.

The reason I'm chiding you is that you are taking a "hit" at someone who is a constant on the board describing their feelings and experiences. My generic broadbush "hit" was at a demographic who doesn't post here and for which a person can't be identified.

And let me be a little more blunt: I think this seems to annoy you because the reverse snobbery thing is at work...I can think of no other reason. The fact that I'm insistent about the education and the income level may be a little uncomfortable for you. My friends who put on the 'coat and tie' feel the same way I do and don't get pissy with me about my demographic selectivity.

So, are we done? I hope so. I thought Reg and I were just having some fun up above and you had to be the wet blanket.

Yeah, I go to the same Hair Cuttery location at the mall every time.  Most of the girls are familiar, but I haven't been getting the same person every time.  Thus, all my hair cuts end up being different, even though I ask for the same thing every time... "one" on the sides, faded into a "six" on top. 

183859[/snapback]

When I let my hair grow out and it starts over my ears, I go to Great Clips and get a "one" buzz all over, then go home and run my Norelco over it, then shave it smooth with a razor. After about a month I get tired of maintaining the shaved head, and let it grow out again...repeat cycle.

Edited by moltar

Nice one, but falls short.

The reason I'm chiding you is that you are taking a "hit" at someone who is a constant on the board describing their feelings and experiences.  My generic broadbush "hit" was at a demographic who doesn't post here and for which a person can't be identified. 

And let me be a little more blunt:  I think this seems to annoy you because the reverse snobbery thing is at work...I can think of no other reason.  The fact that I'm insistent about the education and the income level may be a little uncomfortable for you.  My friends who put on the 'coat and tie' feel the same way I do and don't get pissy with me about my demographic selectivity.

So, are we done?  I hope so.  I thought Reg and I were just having some fun up above and you had to be the wet blanket.

184236[/snapback]

WORD!

Reg, word! No, that's why I like you...you speak the truth.

The normal ones with the whole package are spoken for between 25 and 30 and guys usually hang on to them.  Not many linger around past 30 unless they are on the cusp of finishing a grad program of some sort which they started in their late 20s.

EXCEPTION:  virtually every woman I know who has those attributes and is SINGLE has had a serious trauma in their childhood, usually sexual abuse...and you will psychologically pay for what daddy, uncle or bro did to them.  I know a couple of chicks like that.  Trust me, my own palm is better than putting up with their head games.  They are truly head cases.

And furthermore, I prefer the companionship of a nice Australian Shepherd or Border Collie than helping to raise an "admin girl's" mistake(s).  If I have yet to date or give a second look to a divorcee with kids by now, I doubt I ever will. No effin' way!

&#036;h&#33;, I forgot, what was this thread about?

184092[/snapback]

you're right about the trama thing. if there is some seemingly glorious woman out there still available........start peeling the onion. you'll find out why the car leaks oil.

Then again, a lot of the tools I grew up with don't know how to use a damn condom. Brantford has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Canada, consistently every year for 7 straight now. Of all the girls I still keep in touch with from Brantford, every one of them has either had a kid, and abortion, or a miscarriage.

184142[/snapback]

only one?

Bob is the most misogynistic person on this forum.  He forgets that that girl's "mistake" could not have happened without a dick.  And what is a dick attached to?  That's right, a man.  Two to tango, and all that old stuff.  Birth control is a two-party decision. 

And, ew reg... I am not a drag king, like Phranc.  Yeah, my hair is shorter and it's not poofy on top like hers.

184212[/snapback]

I knew that, I was just pulling your short hairs for some fun........LOL

Oh, I do...in a big way.

First, being single (and I mean single, not divorced) means, to me, I am in a totally different space in life.  I can't even relate to a single mom.  And most talk about their kids.  I don't want to hear about kids created with someone else's sperm.  Hanging around other singles who don't have kids is a lot more comfortable.

A lot of their interest could be that they eventually want to syphon (sp?) some of your stuff into their world.  How would you feel about celebrating her kid(s)' bull&#036;h&#33; - birthdays, graduations, etc. - and have to pony up for a kid who will never treat you like a parent, if it were to come to that. 

Another thing, especially as you describe, is when you go down the road that some have (teen pregnancies, abortions, etc), the professional world is something foreign to them -- they will never be a part of the professional world and they will be a liability to you if you are a part of it.

I date very little because 1) I won't date women with kids (unless the husband has died) and 2) I soon discard the single, childless ones who haven't gotten over daddy's alcoholism or sexual abuse issues (as it relates to them) or who feel less than complete because of reproductive issues (can't have kids but want to).  Either way, too much work.

And this is supposed to be about haircuts.  It totally sickens me that we have expressions like "taking him to the cleaners."  The fact that a male has a penis and went to school to become a professional makes him a target of this.  It's wrong.  And it bites my ass when the woman has not accomplished anything professionally in her life.  Face it, it is exponentially easier to raise healthy children (no birth defects or recurrent chronic conditions) than it is to go make a living in a challenging field.  And one way to protect yourself from the "be needed instead of wanted" syndrome is DINK - dual income, no kids.  Sad, but true.

Sorry if I am harsh.  I have been "objectified" in this regard WAAAAYYY too much.

184214[/snapback]

lots of great points....i still believe that about 80% of women, if given the op, would quit their jobs and stay home with kids. The DINK setup is the way to go if you can, but women get so much mommy guilt about working when they have kids that their hormones tell them to force dad to get a better job. Only about 10-20% of women are truly driven professionally....and those are the hard ones to deal with because half of those are out to prove something for their gender or are extreme self centered or both, beeochs.

Again i reiterate, those ideal professional types are almost nil after a certain age. Remember, they have the pick of whatever THEY want and they are USED to getting what they want.

You might have to go down the age ladder; you're kind of up &#036;h&#33; creek otherwise. go back to school and 'recruit' a younger lass, one with ambition and lots of her own baby making years left. Someone with earning potential to prop YOU up later in life. Someone who's rack looks tremendous at the company xmas party in the obligatory black dress. Someone who has enough self confidence to not HAVE to be with you.

I see your goal to not settle but the pot to pick from is withering away. Its the classic dilemma, at what point do we all give in and commit to something less complete than our ideal? Or is that 'point' just a realization that your affection for someone else is stronger than your desire to get 'more'? Its the point when the whole outweighs the sum of its parts, and you go on faith. Just hope Faith has a 36D rack and pulls in six figures.

To circle it back around to haircutters.....so then why not date a hot nymph slightly psychotic stylist, just for a fun mindless relationship. i hear a lot of chicks who cut hair PUT OUT and are half psycho.

Edited by regfootball

Chas does my hair because that is his profession.  It's annoying that a simple mens haircut with my admittedly small amount of hair takes an hour and half.... but he's a bit of a perfectionist about it so it *always* looks great.  The best part is, I get a high end salon haircut <that's where he works> and I don't have to pay anything.. and I don't have to tip..... well... with money that is. :AH-HA_wink:  :AH-HA_wink:

183878[/snapback]

Hmmmmm.....

...eh, it'd prob cost more to drive out to PA than to pay someone local. LOL

Its the classic dilemma, at what point do we all give in and commit to something less complete than our ideal?  Or is that 'point' just a realization that your affection for someone else is stronger than your desire to get 'more'?  Its the point when the whole outweighs the sum of its parts, and you go on faith. 

To circle it back around to haircutters.....so then why not date a hot nymph slightly psychotic stylist, just for a fun mindless relationship.  i hear a lot of chicks who cut hair PUT OUT and are half psycho.

184285[/snapback]

So very true about the classic dilemna...you have to weigh it and the positives have to outweigh the negatives.

About the latter item, is it possible to discern if someone has had a "tubal"? That's important, you know.

I go to a barber, tho, for the last couple years a new one.

My barber of about 15 years retired a couple years ago. He suggested a couple different ones I might try ... and I've settled on a father/son duo that is within walking distance of where I live. It is still a good haircut, just not quite the same.

Ah, well.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Seems like it's been forever that you've been gone" ... Fort Minor ... 'Where'd You Go?'

I have a total buzz cut.....but I still go to this gal to have her cut it. Crazy, I know.....but she also trims and cleans up my eyebrows.....she gives me a 15-minute head massage each time.....and....

....the place is called "Shampoo Cocktails." They give you a free glass of wine, champagne, or mimosa every time you come in to get your hair cut.

How's THAT...?

For a while, I went into town to get my haircut at a barber shop. Usually they did very nice work, but I would rarely have the same person. So now I let my cousin (a hairstylist) do my haircuts for me-and the only payment she wants is maybe a babysitting job for her kids every once in a while.

....the place is called "Shampoo Cocktails."  They give you a free glass of wine, champagne, or mimosa every time you come in to get your hair cut.

184440[/snapback]

SOOOOO South Orange County...I don't think they have $12 haircuts there.