07 Tundra pics

toyoguy

What's so great about this layout?  If anything I'd rather have knobs.

189898[/snapback]

You want knobs? Don't worry 98% of Silveardo will come standard with knobs:

Posted Image

It's not that people were complaining it had knobs, it's that they look cheap. To me, they look like something you'd find on a kid's toy.

I actually like the exterior, however the interior disappointed me so much it's like an interior I would never expect Toyota to actually put in a car. Those black things Farkas was talking about I hate those too them missing button things should just be phased out smoothly instead of an ugly black rectangle detracting it's flow of the interior. I guess that's just Toyota's way of cost cutting and i've seen many other automakers and they do similar things too, and i've also been in Toyotas and noticed that in a lot of their cars "black rectangles".

Ok, so now we have the two models with climate controls that aren't going to garner many sales, and now here is the Toyota one that will make up the bulk of sales:

Posted Image

And the bulk of Silvy sales:

Posted Image

189904[/snapback]

and what is the difference we see here folks?

The Toyo already looks dusty and pitted, and it's brand new.

I am glad this topic dropped back to reality. When GM sells nearly 900k of these trucks, the VAST majority are sold in the lower models - not the loaded LTZ. It is more representative to compare the base model to base model and when you do, clearly the GM trucks are WAY better looking than the Toyota.

Guys....guys....guys......

I'm TELLING you that interior looks like it has pre-production prototype trim inside of it. Those HVAC knobs could just be some prototype parts they stuck on and not even representative of production. That plastic on the dash has the same weathered, yet shiny look that I used to see all over pre-production GM interiors on new vehicles.

(Why they would SHOW a truck with pre-production trim I don't understand....but that's another question.)

I've seen all this type of stuff before at GM design staff.....none of us really can comment on the interior of this vehicle until we see production stuff.

Guys....guys....guys......

I'm TELLING you that interior looks like it has pre-production prototype trim inside of it.  Those HVAC knobs could just be some prototype parts they stuck on and not even representative of production.  That plastic on the dash has the same weathered, yet shiny look that I used to see all over pre-production GM interiors on new vehicles.

(Why they would SHOW a truck with pre-production trim I don't understand....but that's another question.)

I've seen all this type of stuff before at GM design staff.....none of us really can comment on the interior of this vehicle until we see production stuff.

190140[/snapback]

ok, but if it turns out as nasty as the FJ interior...........

here is the Toyota one that will make up the bulk of sales:

Posted Image

And the bulk of Silvy sales:

Posted Image

189904[/snapback]

You know what I see?

Harsh lighting, flash, no tripod, probably compact digital camera taken picture compared to professional studio picture. Not a very good comparison.

You know what I see?

Harsh lighting, flash, no tripod, probably compact digital camera taken picture compared to professional studio picture. Not a very good comparison.

190193[/snapback]

Then come up with something better. Find a good picture of the base Tundra interior, or a "bad" picture of the base Silverado interior. That's all I could come up with, so don't bitch about it.

You know what I see?

190193[/snapback]

that still doesnt account for the asymetry of the 4 buttons under the hazard flashers...towards the left. or the horrendous wear and smudginess of the buttons. it probably is preproduction.

and its f@#king filthy. they shouldve at least hosed it down first. gave it a little

cleaning. ya know tidy er up.

who cares though, dodges still look meaner if thats what your after. and thats the "characteristic" theyre most after it looks to me.

the chevies look the best and when theyre finally on the road i have no doubt

whatsoever that will be validated. its a classy looking truck and got the goods

to walk the walk.

Here are the specs for all UR engines:

DOHC, 32-valve, dual VVT-i, chain driven, roller rocker valvetrain with low coefficient of friction roller bearings, molybdenum coated pistons with anti-friction coated #1 and #2 compression rings, available dual fuel injection on passenger car engines with single fuel injection on truck based engines, second generation high performance, low friction F head design stemmed from the GR series engines. ACIS II/III integrated into the intake manifold, which continuously varies the intake runner length depending on engine conditions and detection of air mass within the manifold. Roller rockers provide more valve lift in performance applications than previous cam lobe driven bucket type valves.

1UR-FSE 5.0L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i (IS500)

1UR-FXE 5.0L 90 degree Atkinson cycle V8 with dual VVT-i (LS600hL)

Aluminum block and heads

Lightweight forged and sintered connecting rods for greater efficiency, revvablility, and reliability

Lightweight moly coated pistons

Forged steel crankshaft with 8 weight balancers

Dual fuel injection with air assisted port injection and unassisted direct injection

Larger intake and exhaust ports and slightly larger valves for increased performance

Performance tuning

Estimated power:

430-450hp

400-440lb-ft

2UR-FSE 4.6L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i (LS460, GS460)

Aluminum block and heads

Lightweight forged and sintered connecting rods for greater efficiency, revvability, and reliability

Lightweight moly coated pistons

Forged steel crankshaft with 8 weight balancers

Dual fuel injection with air assisted port injection and unassisted direct injection

Estimated power:

380hp

370lb-ft

3UR-FE 5.7L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i (Tundra)

Aluminum block and heads/Cast iron block w/ aluminum alloy heads (?)

Forged, high strength internals with 6 bolt main crankshaft bearing caps, fully balanced forged crankshaft with high strength connecting rod bolts

Large diameter forged connecting rods with heavy duty moly coated pistons

Single fuel injection - air assisted port injection for greater fuel atomization

High compression relative to other truck engines

First truck engine with dual VVT-i

Estimated power:

400hp

470lb-ft

4UR-FE 4.7L 90 degree V8 with dual VVT-i (Tundra, 4Runner)

Aluminum block and heads/Cast iron block w/ aluminum alloy heads (?)

Forged, high strength internals with 6 bolt main crankshaft bearing caps, fully balanced forged crankshaft with high strength connecting rod bolts

Large diameter forged connecting rods with heavy duty moly coated pistons

Single fuel injection - air assisted port injection for greater fuel atomization

Estimated power: (bridges gap between 1GR and 3UR)

335hp

375lb-ft "

don't know the accuracy of this

The horsepower figures seem possible, especially if they're high-winding engines, but I don't think 475lb-ft out of 5.7L or 375lb-ft out of 4.7L sounds very possible.

That'd be 83lb-ft/L. For comparison, the Duramax not long ago made 560lb-ft (it still does in some applications), and that's only about 85 lb-ft/L, and that's a diesel.

Why would they let people crawl all over the interior if it's still pre-production? They wouldn't want anyone thinking about waiting for it to write it off their lists because of the crappy "pre-production" controls.

190145[/snapback]

....depends on how badly Toyota wanted to get one out for the public to see....if that's all they had...?

....depends on how badly Toyota wanted to get one out for the public to see....if that's all they had...?

190572[/snapback]

If that's all they had, they should have let people look at the exterior, opened up the doors so that they could see the interior but not the terrible-looking pre-production controls, and kept their interest levels high. By letting them see the controls, it's quite possible a few people got turned off by them and decided against a new Tundra, even if when it comes out it has better controls.

You know what I see?

190193[/snapback]

and that explains the pit marks and dusty/smudged bits... how?

The horsepower figures seem possible, especially if they're high-winding engines, but I don't think 475lb-ft out of 5.7L or 375lb-ft out of 4.7L sounds very possible.

That'd be 83lb-ft/L. For comparison, the Duramax not long ago made 560lb-ft (it still does in some applications), and that's only about 85 lb-ft/L, and that's a diesel.

190558[/snapback]

Maybe they're using the LS460 engine... could be.

The LS 460 will feature ... a 4.6-liter V8 engine with a dual fuel-induction system that delivers 380 horsepower and 370 pound-feet of torque.