07 Tundra pics

toyoguy

Front end is inoffensive, which is good for Toyota.

I like the profile, but I'm not sure about the FJ-sized door handles and that ridiculous door handle for the backseats. I do like that the double cab looks like a crew cab, though I wonder what it'll be like to sit in the backseat and have a smaller window.

The HVAC gauges look kinda cheap, I wonder how they'll feel.

Those back taillights are ugly.

So in terms of style it's almost on par with American, which is saying a lot for Toyota. I'll leave the performance reviews for people who know something about trucks though 8)

The interior looks pretty cheap. The cupholders, are, well, cupholders, so you can't harp on them much, but the HVAC controls look really cheap, and the black faceplate over the radio doesn't look very nice, either.

The head-on view in red makes it look odd, I like it in blue better.

I also noticed the cheap looking HVAC controls. From previous photos of the concept, the interior looked more polished, much higher grade.

This truck will easily surpass the previous Tundra's sales, which isn't saying much, but I still get the feeling that a comparably equipped domestic will be thousands less and that this truck likely won't eat into much of the Domestics share.

Not bad though.

Honestly, I feel the current Tundra is by far a better-looking truck. While its soft and feminine, its inoffensive and rather classy in certain colors, more GMC Sierra than Dodge Ram, which is a good thing. This new Tundra is obnoxious, like the goofy-ass Titan and steroid Ram.

Honestly, I feel the current Tundra is by far a better-looking truck. While its soft and feminine, its inoffensive and rather classy in certain colors, more GMC Sierra than Dodge Ram, which is a good thing. This new Tundra is obnoxious, like the goofy-ass Titan and steroid Ram.

189177[/snapback]

Better than the Lego-blocked trucks GM is coming out with...

Better than the Lego-blocked trucks GM is coming out with...

189188[/snapback]

:blink::stupid::rolleyes::banghead::duh::deadhorse:

Seriously, the interiors of the GM's own, the exterior of this thing is NASTY. I like the front, but everything else is just...strange. The interior is $h! though.

Edited by Croc

cheap interior.

overall i like the F-150 and new chevy's better.

189357[/snapback]

In the pics, the interior seems to be pre-production based upon the look of the plastics......reminds me of the shiny stuff we used to use at GM in pre-production prototypes.

Toyota's been known for high-quality materials. Even the hard stuff in today's Tundra looks nice, feels nice, and fits well.

I don't expect the new Tundra to be any less....and it will probably only improve upon the current Tundra's interior quality.

:lol:

189229[/snapback]

Jeezus Criminy FOLKS!

You know....it IS possible to be an AUTO ENTHUSIAST and have a passion and interest in other makes as well as GM.....

Who wrote the f :censored: cking rule book that said in order to be passionate about General Motors products you have to hate everything else?

Personally, I get enjoyment in studying the ENTIRE industry.....not just GM....and people like Polish Kris share similar passions.....

I don't see it as "Us" versus "Them." I get joys in reading about, hearing about, and speaking about all the products out there.

It just happens to be a sad state of affairs right now that GM is struggling so much to get decent products in the hands of consumers. That doesn't mean people like myself or Polish Kris are going to give up our interest in other makes.

Jeezus Criminy FOLKS!

You know....it IS possible to be an AUTO ENTHUSIAST and have a passion and interest in other makes as well as GM.....

Who wrote the f  :censored: cking rule book that said in order to be passionate about General Motors products you have to hate everything else?

Personally, I get enjoyment in studying the ENTIRE industry.....not just GM....and people like Polish Kris share similar passions.....

I don't see it as "Us" versus "Them."  I get joys in reading about, hearing about, and speaking about all the products out there.

It just happens to be a sad state of affairs right now that GM is struggling so much to get decent products in the hands of consumers.  That doesn't mean people like myself or Polish Kris are going to give up our interest in other makes.

189369[/snapback]

Chill out there Dairy Queen...

Jeezus Criminy FOLKS!

Who wrote the f  :censored: cking rule book that said in order to be passionate about General Motors products you have to hate everything else?

I don't see it as "Us" versus "Them."  I get joys in reading about, hearing about, and speaking about all the products out there.

It just happens to be a sad state of affairs right now that GM is struggling so much to get decent products in the hands of consumers.  That doesn't mean people like myself or Polish Kris are going to give up our interest in other makes.

189369[/snapback]

As Fly said, Ven and I were only laughing at PK's comments because first he claimed he needed to see it in person to judge, then later said it looked better than the GM trucks, and I don't think he's seen either in person...

And...

Yep... those two posts say it all.

189223[/snapback]

You :censored: I was referring about the INTERIOR of the Tundra, the exterior looks fine, not the greatest, still looks like a tadpole, and as for the GM trucks, I was basing it off the exterior looks!!!!!!!!!! They look like they are design by LEGO...

Jeezus Criminy FOLKS!

189369[/snapback]

Thanks - we have an understanding here

:cheers::cheers:

I don't hate GM cars, I just don't like what GM is doing now, I liked their products before old Lutz came in and messed it all up...

In the pics, the interior seems to be pre-production based upon the look of the plastics......reminds me of the shiny stuff we used to use at GM in pre-production prototypes.

Toyota's been known for high-quality materials.  Even the hard stuff in today's Tundra looks nice, feels nice, and fits well.

I don't expect the new Tundra to be any less....and it will probably only improve upon the current Tundra's interior quality.

189363[/snapback]

there you go, giving it a pass on reputation. you're worse than 3/4 of those half assed 'auto journalists' out there.

the new camry's interior has plenty of cheeseball plastic. what makes you think the tundra didn't escape the beancounters? those knobs and switches look cheaper than those on my 3 year old's toys..........

having already seen the tahoe, avalanche and denali's interior i know the chevy LTZ pickups will be gorgeous inside. with decent knobs and switches.

Edited by regfootball

:yes:

That whole thing looks terrible, IMO. Went from seeing the new Avenger to this. Damn, can't anybody design a vehicle anymore?

189392[/snapback]

you clean up the vomit yet? that new avenger is absolutely atrocious. the tundra is mediocre like everything else toyota, it's just in order to proclaim themsleves American they thought they would throw in a bunch of cheap plastics and bad switches and knobs. imagine how crappy it would be if they had to pay union labo and decent wages and to make their new plants LEED gold certified.

the FJ's interior is absolutely horrific, this appears to be on the same path.

Edited by regfootball

I don't hate GM cars, I just don't like what GM is doing now, I liked their products before old Lutz came in and messed it all up...

189504[/snapback]

What has he "messed up"? You're a fan of Azteks, Rendezvous, W-bodies and FWD? Or is it the loss of the Chevrolet-badged Corolla that you're bemoaning?

Ohhhhhkaaaaay...to each his own...

there you go, giving it a pass on reputation.  you're worse than 3/4 of those half assed 'auto journalists' out there.

the new camry's interior has plenty of cheeseball plastic.  what makes you think the tundra didn't escape the beancounters?  those knobs and switches look cheaper than those on my 3 year old's toys..........

having already seen the tahoe, avalanche and denali's interior i know the chevy LTZ pickups will be gorgeous inside.  with decent knobs and switches.

189524[/snapback]

Why shouldn't I judge the new Tundra based on reputation?

The new Camry has shown itself to be a significant step up from the old Camry.....ditto most of the new Lexus'.....

Time will tell if they cheapen it.....but history has indicated that they won't....

Its definitely not nearly as bold as the new Silverado or Sierra are, its retained the soft looks of its predecessor, just bigger. It MIGHT manage to match Camry sales. Which would be rather funny, IMO. What happens when eco-friendly Toyota sales as many trucks as it does cars? Hmmm... Cuz I bet it won't match the GMT900s in fuel economy.

?????????????????????

:blink:

This thing makes the new GM trucks look positively puny.......

:nono:

I guess to each his own.......

189872[/snapback]

This is all soft and curvy, to me. Sure, the grill is large and in charge, but its just frumpy looking all around, to me. Its size is the only thing helping its masculinity rating.