Lucerne colors

Can anyone post some real world pics of the 2007 Lucerne so we can see the colors accurately? I was just on their website and unfortunately they are not true to life depictions. My local dealers don't have much other than white, black, and silver. LIke to see the sagemist metallic, Ming Blue, Dark Claret, and the sandstone(?) darker beige color.

Also I didn't see this on the Buick site, but can the interior be had with anything other than the woodgrain trim?

I really like the Sandstone. Elegant yet cool(or maybe I'm weird).

The Dark Garnet is nice, but my current car is a dark burgandy/purplish, need a change for the next car. I think I may have seen a Ming blue in another thread, also a nice color, but boy does it look black in the photos above. I'm sure at night that's how it will look as well. Also worried about darker colors for showing rock chips on the front end. My current car is looking bad and I take care of it well. Just effects of driving it.

You can select from different tones of woodgrain, but you're stuck with woodgrain.

201051[/snapback]

Well, not exactly... you can only get the darker woodgrain with the black interior. The other colors come with the standard fugly faux wood not shown in many of the photos on Buick.com.

Dark Garnet=Maroon, Ming Blue=Navy Blue, Light Quartz is a type of lavender I think, probably their nicest metallic. Sandstone is actually Bronze.

I wonder when color will come back.  It just seems alot of various degrees of grey and tan.  So safe, so vanilla.

201110[/snapback]

I agree, but when you consider Silver is the number 1 color choice it seems to make sense that auto manufacturers are trying to stick with that (and varying shades).

I would love to see a nice green. There doesn't seem to be too many greens that are attractive on cars. I don't want something that pops too much and becomes gaudy to look at every day, but your right it should shows signs of life. How about a Lucerne with the purple from the Grand Prix or the green/blue they had? I would buy it!

For me it is a matter of striking a balance between classy and sporty. Hard to pull off depending on the stigma associated with certain cars. Good example: The bright true red on the Envoy. Does not compliment the vehicle at all IMO.

Sagemist is a really nice color in person, especially with the chrome wheels (don't they all look better with the chrome wheels?) local dealer says they can't keep them in stock, sell right away.

Jury's still out on the Sandstone. It looks very different on a sunny day versus cloudy day. Looks rather muddy/dull on a cloudy day. IMO.

Well, not exactly... you can only get the darker woodgrain with the black interior.  The other colors come with the standard fugly faux wood not shown in many of the photos on Buick.com.

201178[/snapback]

all cars come in black, the rest are just factory errors.

Paolino:

I saw in another Lucerne thread that you like the Sagemist...any pics of it?

201231[/snapback]

I will post later--I think I have a picture of it. A friend's neighbor got one, and it's GORGEOUS! If I can't find one, I'll have to carry my camera next time I go to my friend's house. It's like a light silver-green... very faint, but you can see the sage in it. I like it with a cashmere interior.

Here's a Sagemist. Bad image quality, and looks a little darker than it really is, but you get the idea:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's one of my favorites too, and one that dealers don't seem to ever have much of. White Diamond is probably my favorite, along with the '06 Sharkskin (now discontinued).

Edited by caddycruiser

Thanks for posting CXS in sagemist! Love it!

That color is trendy now. Toyota and VW (Mercury too I think) are offering similar versions. I like GM's best as it seems a bit "brighter" than the others. Drive by a dealer's lot and that sagemist really pops out compared to all the grey/blue/beige/silver colors.

I'm disappointed that BUICK dropped the blue/shale interior. There's not much difference between cocoa/cashmere and cocoa/shale. I'd rather have seen black/shale similar to LaX CXS.

I detest grey interiors of any hue. As President, it would be my first law passed. NO GREY INTERIORS. If infractions occurred, the convicted would be banished to a tiny, mouse-hide room forever.

Truely a blight on cars for so long. My mood just droops every time I get into a mouse fur car.

Edited by HarleyEarl

• 2 weeks later...

White Diamond is probably my favorite, along with the '06 Sharkskin (now discontinued).

201326[/snapback]

I don't believe Sharkskin has been discontinued. I actually think my dealership has an 07 Lucerne in Sharkskin. Buick's website still shows it's available and it has been updated for 07.

No, thank GM for that since they discontinued the colors, not Toyota and Honda! How about another, real red on Lucerne-that Deep Ruby/Sonoma Red Metallic, perhaps? And get rid of boring Navy Blue-replace it with that new Midnight Blue.

Is that lower bumper thingy just glued on?  It doesn't look integrated at all.

205453[/snapback]

Usually it is applied by 3M tape all the way around with some support screws attached to the wheel well area. Its actually a pretty strong setup, but yeah not much for integrated look.

Funny we're talking about this-I just saw a grey 2007 Camry LE, I was paying close attention to the front end in particular-I actually like the Camry design-not Design of the Year material by any means, but it looks sleeker and less heavy looking than the previous model, and the front end, blunt nosed up front, semi-sloping headlamps/sides, reminds me of some later 1960's-early 1970's Mercury's.

• 2 weeks later...