Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2005 Buick Regal

HarleyEarl

This is why GM should send Buick's headquarters to China... Perhaps even stop selling them here since there isn't room for two luxury brands; especially if one is mediocre. Sorry Buick fans, I love Buick but I love Pontiac more. One less brand equals more money for Pontiac. That's why Saab and Hummer should be sold off as well. Come on, GM, just do it. Pontiac needs all it can get.

In your dreams BV... Buick will continue to be sold in the US. :P

I see a time coming soon where Buick's line-up in China will be identical to Buick's line-up in North America.

[post="15226"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Perhaps, to an extent, it should?

Love that hood ornament! :blink:

Looks like a Buick Regal to me ????????? styled after a toned down version of the 1995 production Riviera. Ah , Pontbeekacs ???? Have been nothing but rebadged Buicks and Oldsmobiles for a few decades with little more than a beeked out headerpanel, bubbly tailights, scarified plastic moldings and dumbed down multivent, blacked out interiors with red backlighting. Now today - all of the above but add Holden and Chevy to the list. They have needed help alright. Perhaps saturin is Pontiacs clone ?

Razor... You look at it that way while I look at it a different one. Those Oldsmobiles and Buicks were just rebadged Pontiacs. Oooh... wow. How exciting. You just make the one you like the least the rebadged one. Technically, most, if not all were co-developed... all coming out at the same damn time. Making neither way of looking at it correct. Same with the Chevies. I will give you the Torrent, though... As well as the GTO. Those are obvious. But, hey, atleast Pontiac had a platform all their own. The P-body... Something neither Buick and Olds could say. Chevy could have with the Y-body, but XLR came around. They could still with the old Corvair, though. And if you weren't so ignorant, you'd realize that Pontiac needs all the help it can get because GM's quality has sucked, GM bastardized it, and GM starved with bad decisions like Saturn and such. You know it, but you're too busy being ignorant since I love Pontiac more than Buick. And guess what? One may have to go... If I had to pick, I'd pick the one that overlaps with another brand and that I love less. I don't neither brand to go. Also, I think you may have read over the posts in which I proclaimed that Olds was my 2nd favorite brand until GM slaughtered it. So, please don't bash Pontiac again... I really don't want to get pissed off.

To bad. "Dont bash Pontiac, I dont want to get pissed off." Come bash Buick on a Buick forum and take what you give. Grow up ! Sound like a 7 year old bully gonna have a temper tantrum. Buick and Olds saved Pontiac, there was no codevelopement, between Buick and Olds maybe but Pontiac was well out of the loop. Currently Pontiac is getting all the help they could ask for, what are you talking about. They have a two seat roadster, a modern V8 RWD muscle car, a new great looking mid size body - available in coupe, sedan and convertable, the only car to get the L32, a high performance transverse mounted V8 powered FWD car mounted in a recently new radical body style, plus had the only G body to get the big 4.6 Northstar engine. How much more ass kissin could Pontiac expect ? Buick is the division that is well over due and it is the division that gave GM cars its only reliability breathing room with the 3.8 V6 engine. It also once had a performance edge with above named engine. Just where would Pontiac be without the Buick V6 from 87-04 ? Where would GM be without the sales of Buick & Olds designed C&H bodys from 86-99? Where would GTP have been if stuck with the twin cam and never recieved the 3.8 ? I know which babys been gettin the nipple. Its Buick turn.

But, hey, atleast Pontiac had a platform all their own. The P-body... Something neither Buick and Olds could say. Chevy could have with the Y-body, but XLR came around. They could still with the old Corvair, though.

[post="15477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, the P-body was used a multitude of times for the Fiero, rebadged Isuzus (Spectrum/Storm), the EV1, and Malibu/Cutlass (P90).

And, dude, you bash Buick so much, just as bad or worse than people bash Pontiac. So, yes, you get what you give.

Razor... You look at it that way while I look at it a different one. Those Oldsmobiles and Buicks were just rebadged Pontiacs. Oooh... wow. How exciting. You just make the one you like the least the rebadged one. Technically, most, if not all were co-developed... all coming out at the same damn time. Making neither way of looking at it correct. Same with the Chevies. I will give you the Torrent, though... As well as the GTO. Those are obvious. But, hey, atleast Pontiac had a platform all their own. The P-body... Something neither Buick and Olds could say. Chevy could have with the Y-body, but XLR came around. They could still with the old Corvair, though.

And if you weren't so ignorant, you'd realize that Pontiac needs all the help it can get because GM's quality has sucked, GM bastardized it, and GM starved with bad decisions like Saturn and such. You know it, but you're too busy being ignorant since I love Pontiac more than Buick. And guess what? One may have to go... If I had to pick, I'd pick the one that overlaps with another brand and that I love less. I don't neither brand to go. Also, I think you may have read over the posts in which I proclaimed that Olds was my 2nd favorite brand until GM slaughtered it.

So, please don't bash Pontiac again... I really don't want to get pissed off.

[post="15477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What the HELL is your problem?

Buick and Olds shared the E and origional FWD G body designations for decades that were soley Buick and Olds, but I must confess Im not sure where Eldorado and Seville fit into the picture, I think they were very close. All three were their divisions flagships at any rate, then all of a sudden that was taking from Buick and Olds was destroyed. Very trying and confusing years the 00's have been, specially for a Buick or Oldsmobile man, well forget the one but the other is still here so "move over rover and let Jimi take over."

WOW!

Seeing those pics kind of makes me want to hop on a plan and fly to a number of different countries...just to check out the show rooms in person ;).

Interesting...very interesting....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I'm fading away" ... Simple Plan ... 'Untitled'

Hmm... I do bash Buick, but I bash my own Pontiac too. I also bash Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Saturn, Saab, and GM as whole... Your point is? And hey, if I want to bash something while telling someone else not to, I will. It's not like I expect it happen. Very few people take my posts seriously as it is... I'll still get pissed though. That's garanteed. Also, say what? So... all those applications of the P-body were un-modified? Ah.. ya know what? Nope. Perhaps the EV1, though, but I don't know much about it. I know enough of the others... The Malibu/Cutlass were more N-Body than P-body. Lots of shared componants. Besides, most people classify it as an N and guess what... it's in the registry as well. As for the Spectrum/Storm... once again, modified. Not sure exactly how much, but it had to be modified in some way to go from ME to FE. It isn't as easy as just turning it around. As for Razor... Well, I find the first thing you said very amusing. I really wasn't bashing Buick that much. Ooh, wow, I said Buick's headquarters needs to be moved to China. Well, hey, it isn't my fault that better Buicks are being built in China. Blame that on... Whoever the hell made that so. I also said I love Pontiac more than I do Buick. Oh yeah... so much bashing. You do realize that I love Buick, right? Or was that overlooked too? So please read my response to Fly as well as the original post in response to you. Maybe you won't ignore/overlook so much this time... As for Pontiac getting all that attention... Well tell that to all the people who continously bash Pontiac. It seems most people think Pontiac's in far worse shape than Buick. I'm just too big of a Pontiac fanatic to stop being Pontiac selfish. So, that'll never change...That's just me. Woo... talk about long post... with nothing about the Chinese Regal. Isn't it just great? Ahh... Wait, wait, wait... forgot the grow up comment. No shit... this is like the dozenth time you've said that to me. Come up with some new things to say to me next time. Atleast I haven't resorted to personal attacks...

Hmm... I do bash Buick, but I bash my own Pontiac too. I also bash Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Saturn, Saab, and GM as whole... Your point is? And hey, if I want to bash something while telling someone else not to, I will.

Wait, wait, wait... forgot the grow up comment. No shit... this is like the dozenth time you've said that to me. Come up with some new things to say to me next time. Atleast I haven't resorted to personal attacks...

[post="15547"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My point is that you can readily dish and out but cannot take it in return. Think about how needlessly defensive you're getting about Pontiac merely because someone's opinion is that Buick deserves more attention right now.

Count how many times you go on a rambling bitchfest because someone said the Fiero sucks or Grand Ams suck or even just "The Pontiac ____ isn't as good as ____, IMO."

Then, count how many times fans of other divisions go on a rambling bitchfest because you said a Chevy was bland or Buicks were for people on the verge of dying or the like.

Its very unbalanced in your direction.

Again, if you want to criticize, fine. Just don't expect to be immune from 'your' brand being criticized in return.

I say this seriously with no malice: I really hope you only act this way on C&G and not in real life because if you do, you're going to get an ass-kicking by someone, somewhere, at some point in time.

:D ...I can't help but smile. How long did it take you to figure that one out? Seriously... It's not like I'm a new member here. You've known me for atleast a year and half now... Nice to see you've finally figured me out. Jeesh, Fly, get with the program. :P As for me being this way in real life... I am. I'm just too shy for it to come out. So it gathers in my thoughts... I relieve it all here at C&G. Don't know what I would do without it...

How come their midsize gets NAV?!  <_<

[post="15625"][/post]

Good question...not to mention the fact that is also has a better interior layout and details than even the Lacrosse. Here's a good comparison to the domestic Regal:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Even the door panels, especially, look MUCH better than the crap the domestic car got.

I still like the old design of the regal more than the lacrosse.  The chinese Regal is especially nice and I enjoy the interior a lot.

oh, and buick > pontiac.

[post="15649"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i would choose a regal GS over a lacrosse anyday

oh and btw have you been looking at Audi commericals too much lately? ;) :lol: Edited by zoomtm

Small pic, but you get it.
Posted Image

I think the Regal interior is nice because it has less of the typical GM (Buick) flat dash syndrome. The LaX looks like a modernized 80's B-body, just straight across where the Regal at least has some lines to it and the controls, appear at least, are more driver oriented.

Edited by Satty

Small pic, but you get it.
Posted Image

I think the Regal interior is nice because it has less of the typical GM (Buick) flat dash syndrome.  The LaX looks like a modernized 80's B-body, just straight across where the Regal at least has some lines to it and the controls, appear at least, are more driver oriented.

[post="15696"][/post]

So should that interior look just like something Asian ? then what can we come up with to criticize about it ? Copycats ? The different dash approach is actually something I like alot about Lacrosse. Was disappointed in door panels but I still believe door panels should be finished in padded cloth, chromed pot metal bezels and the likes. I bet a door panel costs a fraction of the cost of say 1990 but yet GM still cant make no mo.

That Regal interior's nice but it is little more than a combination of the 90's Regencys/88's, Aurora and Riviera interiors but its got TV's to make everyones eyes bug out. Of course everyone assumes they are standard free of charge on the run of the mill Regal.

I think there is way to many designing women on this site. Its either exactly what you like which you've already seen on a BMW or Asian or its no damn good. People just cant except things as different for what they are. Not the same old thing.

[quote name='caddycruiser' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:23 AM']
Good question...not to mention the fact that is also has a better interior layout and details than even the Lacrosse. Here's a good comparison to the domestic Regal:
Posted Image
Posted Image/quote]

Lets check everybodys' powers of observation vs. human anatomy.

Look where that NAV screen is placed. Unless the car is driven by a 3'6" midget,
the average adult sitting in the front seatswould have to bend over to look at it!

Even the Japs and the Germans place their screens closer to eye level so that
they can be seen without taking an eye off the road---- that is, if you look at it while moving!

In China, the country is so big, who cares if you run off the road a few times,
looking at your tiny NAV screen............. B)

hmm looks same height as the lucerne:

Posted Image

[post="15818"][/post]

Well just to compare it to a Lucerne doesn't make it right! Some people make the same mistake more than once!

I was comparing to the displays in the Jap cars, and the German cars. Those are mostly at the top of the dash, not buried half-way down! :o