Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pricing: 2007 Nissan Sentra

Variance

Pricing: 2007 Nissan Sentra

Posted Image

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (October 10, 2006) – Nissan today announced pricing on the all-new 2007 Sentra, which is on sale now at Nissan retailers nationwide. The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the all-new Sentra, which receives a significant boost in interior space and an all-new 140-horsepower 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, is $14,750 for the Sentra 2.0 with 6-speed manual transmission.

The new Sentra is available in four other models: Sentra 2.0 with CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) at $15,550; Sentra 2.0 S with 6-speed manual, priced at $15,650; Sentra 2.0 S with CVT, $16,450; and Sentra 2.0 SL with CVT, $18,400.

A popularly equipped 2007 Sentra 2.0 S, priced at $16,450, is $50 less than a comparable 2006 Sentra 1.8 S with Special Edition Package ($16,500 MSRP).

The new, roomy interior features an array of available comfort and convenience features, including a 60/40 split fold flat rear seats with a completely flat seat back angle for better utilization of the wide trunk pass-through opening; the Divide-N-Hide Trunk System, which creates a hidden trunk storage compartment; and an integrated overhead compact disc holder that holds up to eight CDs. The new Sentra also includes standard air conditioning, power door locks and windows, and six standard air bags.

Along with more roominess and enhanced performance, the 2007 Sentra will be offered with the widest array of premium equipment ever – including leather-appointed seating, Intelligent Key keyless entry system, Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System and premium Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system with 6-disc changer, 8-channel amplifier and 8 speakers.

The dramatic exterior of the new Sentra addresses one of the major “unmet needs” of compact sedan buyers – style and emotion. In keeping with Nissan’s distinctive design language, the new Sentra features a sporty front end with Nissan signature headlights and grille. The profile includes a long wheelbase, short front and rear overhangs, crisp character lines and large door openings, while in the rear the high deck accentuates the roomy cabin and cargo area.

Available packages for Sentra include Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius), Convenience and Convenience Plus Packages, Rockford Fosgate Audio Package, Sunroof Package, and an Alloy Wheels/ABS Package. Available factory-installed options include splash guards, front fog lamps, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) and a rear decklid spoiler. Complete pricing and options are available on the attached sheet.

[source: Nissan North America]

No traditional automatic? Only CVT? Not quite sure if that's the best idea. Making a 6sp manual standard instead of 5 is a good idea though. That should help the fuel economy a bit.

I still don't like the styling, it looks cheap. Maybe it's the pictures though...

A little pricey but one of the better looking compacts nonetheless-not that Focus or Corolla really have anything to offer anyway these days...

The more I look at this car, the more it confuses me. It has some funky body lines that don't appear to help it. The way the bottom of the windows angles down and then the hood sits up higher. It makes it look more down-scale, like it should be competing with the Yaris Sedan and Fit. The small rims don't help. And the tail lights... Sentra Evolution?

The only good view I can find is straight on the front, where it looks pretty good, but the rest of the body just doesn't live up.

Audi? Didn't they have a CVT?

I think it'll take a few more years before we really see how CVT's play out. It seems they aren't exactly living up to their promise of better fuel economy and peak engine performance...

Over time they will get better... but these days people seem to be allured with 6 speed auto's, and the CVT may be beat out by the very thing it may have aimed to replace.

I like it except one huge problem. The wheels look tiny on the car..it's horrible! Thank god the Caliber comes with 18's...if they looked as small as Nissan's...ew...

What size are they anyway? 15"... 16"?

204030[/snapback]

Its not just the wheel size, its the wheel well-to-fender proportioning. I've noticed lately many imported cars are being designed with bulkier rear haunces, namely the M3/45, Passat, Jetta, and Avalon. This has the effect of making larger wheels, even 17" and 18" rims, look dinky. Contrast that with something like a LeSabre or an older Acura with a more appropriate well-to-fender ratio and smaller 16" wheels - even as small as standard 15" on some LeSabres - don't look dinky at all.

I don't think it's too bad. I think the interior is clean-looking. I thought Nissan was trying to get away from the toothy grille though? The new 07 Altima got away from that. I think the Maxima did too... but maybe I'm wrong.

I think it'll sell well.

Oh, and while I'm looking at it, the car has bluetooth. Do any other GM vehicles besides Cadillac (and I'm not even sure if Caddy has bluetooth), offer it? I'd really like my next vehicle to be a GM, and I'd like to have bluetooth.

Oh, and while I'm looking at it, the car has bluetooth.  Do any other GM vehicles besides Cadillac (and I'm not even sure if Caddy has bluetooth), offer it?  I'd really like my next vehicle to be a GM, and I'd like to have bluetooth.

204131[/snapback]

A lot of Chrysler and Dodge Vehicles off Blutetooth...even the Dakota. I dunno about GM though.

Its not just the wheel size, its the wheel well-to-fender proportioning. I've noticed lately many imported cars are being designed with bulkier rear haunces, namely the M3/45, Passat, Jetta, and Avalon. This has the effect of making larger wheels, even 17" and 18" rims, look dinky. Contrast that with something like a LeSabre or an older Acura with a more appropriate well-to-fender ratio and smaller 16" wheels - even as small as standard 15" on some LeSabres - don't look dinky at all.

204126[/snapback]

Yeah I see what you mean...the Sentra looks like it needs larger cutouts and larger wheels. To give it better proportions. It's a shame, cuz it ruins an otherwise nice car.

A lot of Chrysler and Dodge Vehicles off Blutetooth...even the Dakota. I dunno about GM though.

204153[/snapback]

Yeah, that's the problem.. Don't really like Chrysler and Dodge. Would like to see some mid-level and premium GM vehicles offer it. Like Saturn, Buick, and Cadillac.

seems to me it looks like  a Saturn ION.

The Saturn Ion could have been a great car if it had a well designed front end, rear end, and interior.

Indeed the roof and side windows of the Sentra look like a Saturn Ion.

I priced a Sentra. base model CVT is $17,000.

What the, I can get a base model Malibu automatic for $14,000...

And you cna only have ABS on the Sentra if you buy one that's $19,000+, because the ABS is bundled into other packages.

Who doesn't have ABS standard these days???

Edited by JT64

I priced a Sentra.  base model CVT is $17,000.

What the, I can get a base model Malibu automatic for $14,000...

And you cna only have ABS on the Sentra if you buy one that's $19,000+, because the ABS is bundled into other packages.

Who doesn't have ABS standard these days???

205659[/snapback]

Do you live in Canada because aside from the not standard ABS, none of that sounded accurate.

Do you live in Canada because aside from the not standard ABS, none of that sounded accurate.

205668[/snapback]

No, I live in the USA.

Please go to www.nissanusa.com.

The low "base" MSRP is for the rental car "2.0" version, which are not in stock at dealers.

Dealers stock the consumer "2.0S" version.

Furthermore, Nissan does not include automatic/CVT, and destination fee in their "base" MSRPs.

This scheme is true for all Nissan models.

So, the real starting price of a consumer model is

($2.0S manual + $CVT + $destination fee).

$15,650 2.0S + $800 CVT + $615 destination = $17,065 real base price.

Note Ford (including Mazda), GM, Chrysler quote their MSRP's INCLUDING destination fee, and FREE automatic transmission.

Japanese brands charge extra for destination and automatic transmission, on top of the "MSRP".

Please confirm for yourself.

Edited by JT64

Audi? Didn't they have a CVT?

Audi currently uses their CVT, "Multitronic", in all their 2WD models.

Audi's traditional 6-speed automatic "Tiptronic" is for their 4WD models.

It is worth noting that the Audi CVT does deliver its promise of smooth uninterrupted power; The Audi CVT's 0-60 time is faster than Audi's manual transmissions.

Edited by JT64

No, I live in the USA. 

Please go to www.nissanusa.com.

The low "base" MSRP is for the rental car "2.0" version, which are not in stock at dealers.

Dealers stock the consumer "2.0S" version.

Furthermore, Nissan does not include automatic/CVT, and destination fee in their "base" MSRPs.

This scheme is true for all Nissan models.

So, the real starting price of a consumer model is

($2.0S manual + $CVT + $destination fee).

$15,650 2.0S + $800 CVT + $615 destination = $17,065 real base price.

Note Ford (including Mazda), GM, Chrysler quote their MSRP's INCLUDING destination fee, and FREE automatic transmission. 

Japanese brands charge extra for destination and automatic transmission, on top of the "MSRP".

Please confirm for yourself.

205721[/snapback]

Well, the Sentra is slowly arriving at dealers in my area. Out of the 3 2007 Sentras here, one is a 2.0 w/CVT:

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Dispatch.j...e&pr=%240&ti=%2

Out of the 5 here, there lies another 2.0 w/CVT:

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Dispatch.j...tching+Accuracy

Again, 3 Sentras, 1 2.0 w/CVT:

http://www.config.nissanusa.com/Dispatch.j...tching+Accuracy

So clearly, you can get them at dealers. (I hope those links work, BTW.)

Plus, looking at and pricing some domestic models, you do sometimes get charged for automatics.

EDIT: Also, the ABS is a $250 stand-alone option on the Sentra 2.0 and $600 with alloy wheels on the 2.0S.

EDIT: Also, the ABS is a $250 stand-alone option on the Sentra 2.0 and $600 with alloy wheels on the 2.0S.

205735[/snapback]

the 2.0S ABS package requires the convenience package.

So the ABS package comes to $1500.

But It is nice that ABS is available standalone on the 2.0.

why isn't it on other models??? :hissyfit:

And I just checked, my mistake, sorry. The Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalt and Dodge Caliber charges extra for automatic transmission. So the only advantage domestics have in this class is the included destination fee. But you still can't beat the domestic firesale discounts lol!

Edited by JT64

Looks like Reg has found a new home at www.canadiandriver.com.

After seeing those pictures, my opinion is still that the new Sentra looks cheap, at least cheaper than its competition. It looks like a sedan version of the Versa with a nice looking front end that doesn't match the rest of the body.

Wow, I get the exact opposite impression. I will have to wait to see one though, the pictures so far haven't been the best.

Yeah, I don't much at all care for the Civic, and I still think it looks better than this new Sentra...

IMO, the profile of the Civic -- and its front quarter windows -- kill its appearance. But that's a discussion for another thread.

In pictures, I was underwhelmed and agreed it looks like an ION.

In person, it give me happy feeling. It should be call Nissan Bluebird in America, because it give me happy feeling when I looking at it. :AH-HA_wink:

No but seriously, it grew on me pretty quickly after looking at it in the flesh and walking around it. Very modern, as I said in the Car Spotting thread. Much more car than the ION (and it should be, it is priced accordingly). Yes, CVTs are crap, but if the trade-off is a six speed manual, I'll take it.

If this Nissan has any DNA left from the sweet little original 510 or the sexy 3 fitty Z, it will do well.

The Versa interior is very attractive, but the exterior I just do not care for. The Sentra has the same MPG ratings afaik as the Versa, yet it is much more car.

Edited by ocnblu

Looks like Reg has found a new home at www.canadiandriver.com.

After seeing those pictures, my opinion is still that the new Sentra looks cheap, at least cheaper than its competition. It looks like a sedan version of the Versa with a nice looking front end that doesn't match the rest of the body.

205865[/snapback]

i've read canadian driver for like 5 years. its an awesome web site. simple, large pictures, useful reviews.