Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

'08 Impala changes?

62impala

Since the '07 Impala had no styling changes whatever from the'06, does anyone know what changes might be in store for the '08 model?

Specifically:

Any revisions at all to either the front end clip, or the trunk/taillight design?

I could see that they might want to change the front end clip a bit, to make it more in synch with the bigger grille on the '08 Malibu.

And I really wish they would so SOMETHING with the taillights; they are so non-descript so as to be almost indistinguishable from just about every new sedan (Accord, Five Hundred, Montego, G6. etc., etc.).

SO.....

Does anyone know what's up next for the '08 Impala???

Edited by 62impala

I'd bet Impala would gain Gold Mist and Polar Blue (and maybe Light Amethyst-the Quartz one) colors, maybe a few shuffles-I'd recommend re-consolidating all LT's to one (the 3LT with the 3900 V-6-still cloth or leather, bench or bucket), and LS gaining more standard and optional equipment, can't think of too much else now. Yeah I agree, focus on the RWD 2010 model-we're all waiting to see it!

The Impala will come out sometime during the Winter of 2009 as an early 2010. The Impala is expected to have classic Impala styling from the mid 1960s. It will be either on Zeta or Chi(a Lambda derived FWD car platform). If on Chi, the Impala will likely only have a 3.6L 275hp V-6. The Impala will likely be the best-sellling Full-Size Car. The Impala will be priced and equiped against the V-6 Camry. In fact the V-6 Impala outsells the V-6 Camry today so when the Impala is on equal terms with hp and refinement I'd suspect the Impala could rise to 400k annually. If on, Zeta the Impala will definitely take on the 300.

No changes to Impala till 2010. The current Impala is how GM will be winding down the FWD Impala's life. There will be minor, low cost changes, but don't expect a new front end clip or a restyled body. We'll get new grille textures or a restyled tail lamp or new dash trim...... if we're lucky.

Malibu is targeted to pull Impala sales, and theres a better than 50/50 shot Impala will briefly die in sometime during the 2008 calender year, completely skipping the 2009 model year entirely.

However, Cobalt is due for touch ups. Will be done for 2008 model year.

Monte Carlo is dead after model year 2008. Possibly sooner. No word if the name will be back.

The Impala will come out sometime during the Winter of 2009 as an early 2010. The Impala is expected to have classic Impala styling from the mid 1960s. It will be either on Zeta or Chi(a Lambda derived FWD car platform). If on Chi, the Impala will likely only have a 3.6L 275hp V-6. The Impala will likely be the best-sellling Full-Size Car. The Impala will be priced and equiped against the V-6 Camry. In fact the V-6 Impala outsells the V-6 Camry today so when the Impala is on equal terms with hp and refinement I'd suspect the Impala could rise to 400k annually. If on, Zeta the Impala will definitely take on the 300.

204385[/snapback]

even without an official press release, the chances of it being on CHI are infitesimal....

your time scale is off according to the camaro release,

08 will prolly not be a great year for impala since the malibu will come out.

The old W body is finally on the way out. I don't think GM would spend $$ on changing styling just cuz a few want it, escpecially with heavy fleet sales.

205264[/snapback]

You know, it may not be a bad idea to keep the Impala and Grand Prix running for awhile longer to sop up fleet sales.

I thought the Chi architecture was cancelled. No loss there itf that's true-the only FWD/AWD large cars are Avalon, Five Hundred/Montego/MKS, not counting the 3 GM's now.

I thought the Chi architecture was cancelled. No loss there itf that's true-the only FWD/AWD large cars are Avalon, Five Hundred/Montego/MKS, not counting the 3 GM's now.

205281[/snapback]

Make that 5 GMs (don't forget the G-bodies)..

Edited by moltar

Can only wish for: floor shift indicators, glove box light, padding on the door armrests and dash, more interior color choices, telescoping steering column from the LaCrosse, less engine noise from the 3500 and 3900 motors, more rear seat leg room, better looking, more distinctive tail lights, 6 speed automatic tranny, AFM on 3500 for 35 mpg highway rating

In reality changes for 08: new colors, 224 hp version of 3500(maybe), slight trim revisions and or package content reshuffling

They wouldn't have to change much to make a very nice car even nicer;

A revised front end clip, with larger, 2008 Malibu-like grille (and please, do something about the license plate holder - it should be integrated into the bottom portion of the grille rather than some crummy plastic add-on that totally disrupts the flow of the front bumper); and...

PLEASE!!!

REVISE THOSE BORING LOOKING TAILLIGHTS; they should be smaller, and 3 per side, with the back-up light in the middle, like the classic Impalas of the 60's; maybe with a satin-like stainless steel panel surrounding them.

I love the interior of the new Impala, but some new colors (dark blue? ) would be nice, and I'd love to see them double the size of the leaping Impala on the passenger side panel, above the glove box, and have it light up with the dash lights; that would be so cool...

Make that 5 GMs (don't forget the G-bodies)..

205297[/snapback]

I was referring to Impala, DTS, and Lucerne. Grand Prix and LaCrosse are grossly oversized mid-size cars. And for the next Impala, take a look at the real 1958-85 Impalas (and 1965-96 Caprices) and make sure there are 3 per side.

I hope people will soon stop talking about the non-existent Chi platform.

The 2008 or 2009 Impala will differ from the current model as much as the 2005 Impala differed from the 2000 Impala - hardly at all.

Less than 3 years from now, the Impala will be RWD, with an SS version that may feature a 6.2L V8 with 400 hp or more.