Some new pics...of the SS

Balthazar, you're crazy. Thin-spoked rims will always be sexier than thick-spoked rims.

Funny how opinions work, eh?

Seriously, I've never cared for the spindy-spoke rim look, esp those where the spokes get narrower towards the outside. They look weak & dainty/effeminate & expose too much of the brakes. Maybe on an exotic with big rims and big expensive brakes, but it's posing on a FWD econobox, IMO.

The Cobalt's are a bit flat, but I prefer them proportion-wise over the needle-thin spokes on the acura.

Those wheels though. Ugh what was Chevrolet thinking?

Either they were trying to annoy you specifically... or they merely wanted to offer a wheel that was better looking than these awful rims:

Posted Image

211446[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of those rims too much, but I do like them better than the Cobalt's. The Cobalt's are just too flat, boring, and chrome, for my liking.

Actually the ones on the SS/SC aren't chrome - they're a gunmetal finish. The Cobalt SS with the 2.4L has the polished chrome wheels.

Posted Image

That is one hot and blue baby you got there, ChevyGuy. I too love the dark wheels on the SS/SC. For '07, you can get the polished version of the 18" rim on the SS/SC. To tell the truth, I think I prefer the darker version.

The color of the SS wheels doesn't really come across well in those pics. In person, the effect is much more pronounced and looks great with that blue. I love gunmetal/black chrome finishes on wheels.

212107[/snapback]

My wheels are much lighter than other SS/SC wheels i have seen....I think i have some of the most lightest color SS/SC wheels in the US.

I love those wheels... same as I love the wheels on

the late 90s MB AMGs & the 1997-2001 Infiniti Q45t.

• 1 month later...

What a beautiful baby. I absolutely love that colour.

It's wonderful, if only there were a green similar to that for me. :AH-HA_wink:

I love those rims, they look substantial, beefy and elegantly simplsitic.

Rims are suposed to add to a car's good looks not take away from

them via distraction. I agree about the spindly comment by balthazar.

We've all got our tastes btu those Acura rims are godawful from even

a practical standpoint: cleaning them must me fun with all those nooks

& cranies... no thanks if you as me.

Oh... & the Cobalt's a better looking car than the Honda RSX anyday!

• 2 weeks later...