Sign in to follow this  
The O.C.

The O.C. Finally Shoots His CTS....!

After 5,000 miles, I do absolutely love this car.....!

Posted Image

I even like the looks of the '07 Sport package better than the v-Series....it has larger exhaust pipes, a bigger spoiler, nicer wheels, and a better grille....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A rare bird....only other 6-cylinder/6-speed manual CTS I've seen was in the pages of R&T and C&D.....

Posted Image

The Sports do look great, though I think the V looks a little better still.

Has the fuel economy improved at all?

Actually love the interior styling....with the exception of one major bitch......the wood on the wheel, shifter, and door pulls is REAL.....the wood on the center stack is FAKE (and really looks it next to the real stuff.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car has some really nice un-GM-like touches......such as the right-hand wiper stalk, articulating headrests, headlight washers, and this....the "VW/Audi-esque" sunroof dial.....

Posted Image

Neat and stylistic placement of the Bose tweeter speakers......

Posted Image

The world's absolute BEST interpretation of steering-wheel radio volume controls....! LOVE this.....stroke of genius by Cadillac/GM. So why does the v-Series NOT have the dial volume control? Interesting.....

Posted Image

The imports have done this for decades....and now the CTS is just as good as they are in providing precise, clear, and attractive gauges with a minimum of fuss.....

Posted Image

The Sports do look great, though I think the V looks a little better still.

Has the fuel economy improved at all?

221924[/snapback]

A bit....I'm averaging 18-19 in mixed driving.....a little over 300 miles on a tank.....

I have yet to take it on an extended trip to see what straight highway driving will do.....

Our 2000 Bonnie has this...

This car has some really nice un-GM-like touches......such as the right-hand wiper stalk

articulating headrests

...and my Olds has that. ;)

The world's absolute BEST interpretation of steering-wheel radio volume controls....!  LOVE this.....stroke of genius by Cadillac/GM.  So why does the v-Series NOT have the dial volume control?  Interesting.....

My assumption is that your right hand on the -V would be on the stick, but I do love the rotary dial. Brilliant.

Gosh I love you car, I want it in White Diamond tho!

221981[/snapback]

I almost ordered White Diamond.....but cheesed out and got traditional black because I just so much love black cars.....

Black's my favourite CTS colour. And it's very nice to see people buying manual-transmission CTSs!

Is the rear spoiler deletable in Sport package models?

My friend's parents drive that model with a AT. It looks stunning and the wheels are absolutely gorgeous. It's a pity that the interior is ugly but the new CTS really gets my hopes up for Cadillac.

I love your car, O.C. CTS Sports are very slick, and black makes it much more so.

Guest YellowJacket894

Nice car.

But, the right-hand wiper stalk isn't a big thing. Our G6 has it, and my grandparent's 2000 Grand Am has it, too.

Nice car.

But, the right-hand wiper stalk isn't a big thing. Our G6 has it, and my grandparent's 2000 Grand Am has it, too.

222432[/snapback]

Yes but it's been a big paradigm change for GM to start equipping cars with that....instead of the dreaded "multi-function-control-lever" on the left-hand side...

There's something right about a black Cadillac. Plus, it rhymes. I love saying those two words together in my pimp voice... "black Cadillac..."

This car has some really nice un-GM-like touches......such as the right-hand wiper stalk, articulating headrests, headlight washers, and this....the "VW/Audi-esque" sunroof dial.....

221928[/snapback]

Hmm... My 95 Grand Am has a right hand wiper stalk... and 92-96 Bonneville's had headlight washers.

Very cool. Love it, esp. since it's a stick.

Both my Cavalier and G6 have wiper stalks.

Couldn't beat my dad's Volvo though: right hand side wiper stalk in a right hand drive car.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Can you get bigger photos of it? I would love to see some high quality and large photos of your car. After I agree with you it looks better than the V-Series... (You ordered your car, it wasn't on the lot eh? Hardly anyone will do that anymore...) But finding a black CTS w/stick was prolly hard enough much less with the performance/sport package I am sure. I would love a CTS just like yours but no moonroof and in diamond white, and about dropping an LS2 in there hmmm that would be even sweeter. Although I think the 3.6L DOHC VVT V6 with 255hp would be game for almost anything!

Edited by gm4life

Not a big fan of the CTS's rear but the spoiler saves the tail end from looking overly chunky. That color-matched grille is definitely awesome looking though. Nice color choice.

Can you get bigger photos of it? I would love to see some high quality and large photos of your car. After I agree with you it looks better than the V-Series... (You ordered your car, it wasn't on the lot eh? Hardly anyone will do that anymore...) But finding a black CTS w/stick was prolly hard enough much less with the performance/sport package I am sure. I would love a CTS just like yours but no moonroof and in diamond white, and about dropping an LS2 in there hmmm that would be even sweeter. Although I think the 3.6L DOHC VVT V6 with 255hp would be game for almost anything!

226535[/snapback]

I HAD to order it. It was hard enough just finding "Sport" models in stock.

6-speeds were non-existent....except for one local Cadillac dealership that ordered a bunch of loaded 2.8L luxury models with the 6-speed manual by mistake. LOL

The only thing I would change is to make Navigation available. It's really inexcusable that you can't order it on this car.....especially since it's available with the 17-inch sport package and standard on the v-Series.....

My aunt and uncle just picked up an '07 CTS with the "California Luxury Package," in Diamond White (or whatever the pearl white color is called) with the Cashmere interior. I'm looking forward to using the navigation combined with the real-time traffic reports. I get to drive it from LA to SD, and take care of it once it's down there :D

I also don't get why you can't get any of the 18" wheel sport packages with navigation. The closest you can get is the 17" wheel luxury package, which has the sport suspension but not the load-leveling, upgraded breaks and a few other things, then have the dealer install the 18" wheels, body kit and exhaust tips.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook