Sign in to follow this  
CSpec

Snow!

31 posts in this topic

Well, the official total here was 21 inches. They didn't cancel classes here, but they do a good job of clearing the paths and roads. How much did everyone else get?

I haven't heard an official total, but probably 12-15 inches with huge drifts. We had two days off of school. The streets are ok and some of the sidewalks are covered snow, so I think lots of us (students) will be walking down roads tomorrow.

Using my picnic table as official measuring device, I'd say about 6-7". Our development did not get plowed until last night. My neighbor with a Festiva could not get 500 feet, he called off work. We closed at noon.

Wait...what? :huh:

I know! Though apparently a couple back it snowed on Sunset one evening up in Palisades...so LA Metro isn't immune from it, but I don't miss it one bit here in West Adams. Y'all don't get it in the valley do you? Edited by Croc

UGH!

I'm so tired of plowing snow.

I was in the truck from tuesday morning until 11:30 last night.

I'm retiring from it next year, I've been doing it too long (every storm since 1985).

I've driven in every snowstorm since '79.

I want to sit by the fire and watch the snow fall or get a snowmobile and enjoy it!

We got less than an inch, but everything is covered in ice.

3" of ice on the ground. Buick started up nicely.

Fly, you should bring your Aurora up here... two of my friends with Toyotas have their wheels frozen in ice and can't get their cars moving. :AH-HA_wink:

7/8 inches.

I know! Though apparently a couple back it snowed on Sunset one evening up in Palisades...so LA Metro isn't immune from it, but I don't miss it one bit here in West Adams. Y'all don't get it in the valley do you?

I'm just outside of the valley. Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks is the next town over north a bit from Agoura Hills/Malibu. It snowed a bit in Malibu on Kanan. It's right down the way so my friends and I actually went through the snow and even got out, made snowballs, and threw them at eachother...Crazy crazy weather we've been having lately. Edited by Nick

I don't know the official total, but here at my house, there's 8-12 inches... Insane snow drifts from the wind. And I shoveled half of my driveway since the tractor wouldn't start. I'm sore.

some parts where chest high others didn't even have snow on th ground.

Well, the official total here was 21 inches. They didn't cancel classes here, but they do a good job of clearing the paths and roads. How much did everyone else get?

21 Inches and you still had class? What kind of bastard school do you go to? Around here we got 8-10 inches. It was enough to cancel class (w00t!).

I don't know the official total, but here at my house, there's 8-12 inches... Insane snow drifts from the wind. And I shoveled half of my driveway since the tractor wouldn't start. I'm sore.

I take that back... I'm not sore. I'm f@#king sore. Ugh... I need a massage.

Anyways, went to my grandparent's for something to do after I posted. Brought the camera along with me to get some pics. These aren't quite the worst areas around here, but I didn't feel like driving anymore than I had to. The first pic sucks, but on the left is a huge snow drift that's probably 6' deep. It's taller than me, I know that much. The rest just showcase what most areas look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yup Drew, almost that time. Checking the 10 day forecast on WeatherChannel dot com, says second half of next week is supposed to be in the mid-40's. Edited by ocnblu

I'm just outside of the valley. Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks is the next town over north a bit from Agoura Hills/Malibu. It snowed a bit in Malibu on Kanan. It's right down the way so my friends and I actually went through the snow and even got out, made snowballs, and threw them at eachother...Crazy crazy weather we've been having lately.

Yea...hope it isn't a sign of "earthquake weather." LOL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this