C6 vs. Rustang GT

...not every Mustang driver is a moron. Besides, the base price on a GT Mustang is like 28k and the base price on a C6 ZO6 is what, 73k...I would expect a 73k car to beat a 28k car.

The amazing thing is that the Cobalt SS/SC can beat a Mustang if the Cobalt is well driven. The Cobalt is 21k. There is your real story and why I actually want the Cobalt so badly.

Chris

What does this have to do with the Z06... that was a regular C6.

And yes, that broad was f@#king annoying.

That Stang also had a Procharger (according to the info right at the beginning) so add the costs of the mods to the Mustang before comparing prices. The C6 still has its warranty as well, too bad the one on the Mustang is voided.

But, I will agree that not all Mustang owners are idiots. This one just didn't know what he was really taking on.

No secret by my handle that I am a Mustang kinda guy. That being said, what I was trying to say (unsucessfully) in my original post is that the corvette is really in a whole different league.

The Mustang has never won at Le Mans, nor gone 1-2 like the Vette.

I put a whole lot more faith in sanctioned competition than an illeagal street race between morons...

Chris

IN the end it's not about Ford vs. Chevy anymore...

Both the blue oval and Bow Tie are great cars for the $$$.

It's about USA versus the Japanese now. It's about f%*king

Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda & Acura now. I have nothing

against a Charger SRT8 or a Mustang GT.

The amazing thing is that the Cobalt SS/SC can beat a Mustang if the Cobalt is well driven. The Cobalt is 21k. There is your real story and why I actually want the Cobalt so badly.

A GT vs. a SS/SC stock for stock? Why yes, the SS/SC can beat it. :AH-HA_wink:

Not in a straight line, but perhaps on a race track.

Guess I should've brought a video tape last time so I could've proved ya wrong. Lost from a stop, tied from 30-70, then took one by about a car from 30-80. All the same driver, all the same '07 Mustang GT, all the same night.

That was the real point of my post as it were...The Mustang really needs to worry about the Cobalt before worrying about its bigger brother the vette.

Chris

Wayyy off topic but it would be nice if Ford Brought out a version of the SVT Focus and built it based on the European Focus like the Aura is based on a european car.

But build it here in the states and not in Mexico, Dammit!

Chris

Wayyy off topic but it would be nice if Ford Brought out a version of the SVT Focus and built it based on the European Focus like the Aura is based on a european car.

But build it here in the states and not in Mexico, Dammit!

Chris

Yeah, but $5 says it'd be quicker than the Mustang GT and they wouldn't want that. :P

Guess I should've brought a video tape last time so I could've proved ya wrong. Lost from a stop, tied from 30-70, then took one by about a car from 30-80. All the same driver, all the same '07 Mustang GT, all the same night.

So you're saying you raced one? Perhaps the Mustang driver sucked, because...

Cobalt SS/SC:

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 6.1 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 15.3 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 32.3 sec

Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.5 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.6 sec @ 99 mph

Mustang GT:

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.1 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 13.0 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 25.6 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.6 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 103 mph

Those are from the same test. Perhaps the Mustang is not in the right rev range starting from 30 and the Cobalt is? 60-100 in the Cobalt takes 9.2s and in the Mustang it takes 7.9s.

Or, I suppose Ford could send cars with a few extra ponies underneath to magazines to test, because that's almost as fast as a 6M 2004 GTO to 100 and if the GTO has a manual the Mustang is toast from a roll. 6M owners refer to 3rd gear (I'm guessing that's what they'd be in) as "the freight train gear" because of how awesome the acceleration vs. other cars is.

Those are from the same test. Perhaps the Mustang is not in the right rev range starting from 30 and the Cobalt is? 60-100 in the Cobalt takes 9.2s and in the Mustang it takes 7.9s.

Or, I suppose Ford could send cars with a few extra ponies underneath to magazines to test, because that's almost as fast as a 6M 2004 GTO to 100 and if the GTO has a manual the Mustang is toast from a roll. 6M owners refer to 3rd gear (I'm guessing that's what they'd be in) as "the freight train gear" because of how awesome the acceleration vs. other cars is.

He must've sucked at driving because I'm not lying. I'm not sure exacly what happened, but they were straight up races everytime.

Just don't race a Neon SRT-4 NOS...you wouldn't want your arse handed to you by a Neon would ya? :P

No, I know better than that.. lol But my car looks better! :P

Just don't race a Neon SRT-4 NOS...you wouldn't want your arse handed to you by a Neon would ya? :P

Why not? I was even with a Viper, who on paper should have "handed my arse to me"

My bother also beat an SRT-4 with a 1999 V6 Mustang.... with a 60 shot of nitrous.

LS2 GTOs can certainly stay with a lot of cars you wouldn't think the could, as can LS1s with a few simple mods.

I'm not sure what my car is at... I suppose I could get it tuned if I get those LTs and Borla and find out. I know it has a performance camshaft and lightweight underdrive pulleys, but I have no idea what type of cam it is. The underdrive pulleys add about 10RWHP, and a cam can add anywhere from 30-50RWHP depending on what the specs are. I'm guessing mine is on the milder side because it's not that noticeable... but I may be around LS2 levels for RWHP... who knows.