ocnblu

Every concerned parent must read!

50 posts in this topic

A boy must eat everything on his plate. But if your son pesters you to serve corn on the cob, hot dogs or sausages, that is your signal to change his diet. Try serving meals that more effectively evoke a hankering for the fragrant delights of the female genitalia. An artichoke stuffed with tuna fish will usually do the trick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's wrong with people. It's not ok to make fun of Muslims, Jews, Gays, etc., why is it ok to make fun of Christians? I find this to be very offensive and shows what a sad state of affair our country is in.

If your child is still crying after three weeks, please drop him off at the Creation Science Laboratory for the remainder of the year and for a determination of whether he is worth having back.

It is a scientific fact that when needing to use the restroom, a male is called upon to engage in the unpleasant undertaking of extruding a poopy in only 1 out of every 3 visits. But homosexuals use all three visits to practice squatting, to limber the cheeks of their bottom in preparation for even the most enormous (Negro) penises.

Your child must be taught that men who wear colored underwear or undergarments that are cut within one inch of the outer periphery of their pubic region or the trough of the valley between the cheeks of their bottom are either European or Homosexual – and in America there is no difference between the two.

wow.... just wow.

They also sell... thongs???

jesus thongs! SERIOUSLY!

Okay, after I got as far as the above quote, I realized that this is just a joke. Surely nobody, not even from some deepwoods bayou would take this crap seriously! I was shocked at first, then started to laugh out loud.

No, some people DO take this seriously. That's what's scary...

What's wrong with people.  It's not ok to make fun of Muslims, Jews, Gays, etc., why is it ok to make fun of Christians?

I find this to be very offensive and shows what a sad state of affair our country is in.

[post="22787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Welcome to the United States of Double Standards and the United States of Constantly Appeasing the Minority.

It's disturbing to me. Democracy is supposed to be "majority rules" but it seems different in the U.S. Hell, you can't even racially profile in airports because it's "racist." I do and you best believe when I see 5 terrorists on board I'm getting off. Who has a better chance of blowing up the plane: 70-year old Esther or 22-year old Mohammed?

I think incredibly fundamentalist Christians write the jokes themselves half the time.

Dsuupr, the people being made fun of at my link are hypocrites purporting to be Christian, not TRUE CHRISTIANS. To me, a true Christian has his faith inside. He keeps it quiet. He doesn't use his faith to condemn others.

I thought the linked site was hilarious, in an Onion sort of way, and decided to share. It's a satire.

Welcome to the United States of Double Standards and the United States of Constantly Appeasing the Minority.

It's disturbing to me.  Democracy is supposed to be "majority rules" but it seems different in the U.S. 

[post="22813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I personally don't find it disturbing. Regardless of who is in the majority, every American deserves to have their fundamental rights protected... even if they're not in the majority.

No majority should have the ability to remove a minority's fundamental rights.

It disturbs me when a single person can have the words "under God" removed from the pledge (let alone a judge actually agreeing with him) or when a group of people is given special consideration because of what happened in the past. Yes, every American is entitled to their fundamental rights though not at the expense of the rights of the majority, however.

Well it disturbs me even more that the words "under God" were ever ADDED to the pledge like they were in the 1950s. BUT I BET YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT? Those words never should have been in the pledge, and weren't until the Eisenhower years.

The guy who lobbied to have the words removed is an ass. Watch some of the interviews he gives. He's so cocky and full of himself its unbearable. "This is what is right for the American people and years from now, peers of my child and her children will remember me and see what I'm doing is right." Jesus... I'm almost surprised he didn't lobby to change the words to "Under Michael Newdow." What an pompus ass.

Jeez, I honestly did not post this to start a fire. I thought it was funny.

The guy who lobbied to have the words removed is an ass. Watch some of the interviews he gives. He's so cocky and full of himself its unbearable. "This is what is right for the American people and years from now, peers of my child and her children will remember me and see what I'm doing is right." Jesus...

I'm almost surprised he didn't lobby to change the words to "Under Michael Newdow." What an pompus ass.

[post="22859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whether or not you agree with his attitude, he IS right as far as the constitution is concerned, and that is all law should be concerned about.

Whether or not you agree with his attitude, he IS right as far as the constitution is concerned, and that is all law should be concerned about.

[post="22877"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One nation, under intelligent design. There! :rolleyes:

One nation, under intelligent design. There!  :rolleyes:

[post="22895"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How about just the original words to the Pledge:

"...one Nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I think the big deal is that once you remove the G-d bullshit then there isn't a "loophole" to exploit for the discrimination of people deemed "sinners" and there's one less argument against extending liberties to people who should already have them just by virtue of being American, if you get my drift.

I think the big deal is that once you remove the G-d bullshit then there isn't a "loophole" to exploit for the discrimination of people deemed "sinners" and there's one less argument against extending liberties to people who should already have them just by virtue of being American, if you get my drift.

[post="22923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Removing God from a piece of rhetoric that's more traditional and ornamental than official will not stop discrimination. I hardly think anyone founds their prejudice on what's on the Pledge of Allegience. The 'loophole' exists in the minds and conciousness of the people who believe them, not anything in any federal document.

Sorry, but I still believe its a pointless battle to fight.

I say keep fighting. One of these days justice will prevail. Just because it doesn't matter to the majority of Americans doesn't mean we should ignore the minority who is affected by it.

I personally don't find it disturbing. Regardless of who is in the majority, every American deserves to have their fundamental rights protected... even if they're not in the majority.

No majority should have the ability to remove a minority's fundamental rights.

[post="22832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So in this case it's ok to rip on a supposed majority (which I don't think they are anymore)? I would find it very sad if someone made such a sight about Muslims. Why wouldn't I, or anyone else for that matter, find it sad if a website like that was made a about any other group, including Christians.

For the record, I'm no fundamentalist, nor do I think they bode well for Christians. I happen to be Quaker.

I do not believe that any religion should judge a person based on sexual orientation. It is fine to advocate fidelity to preserve a home, but let adults choose their adult partner as they will.

The commercialization of Christianity is wrong, imo. This website makes fun of "Christians" ©, and also puts to shame in a funny way anyone who improperly uses their faith to bring shame on gay people. If you believe in God, you must acknowledge that he made us too. We have a right to live as we were designed. We're not going to take over the world, that would be impossible. But we should be left alone and not shunned for being who we are. We are not evil.

Would you cast out a fellow Quaker if you found out he loved another man? What purpose would that serve the community as a whole? It would only weaken the community, for we are everywhere, we just don't shout about it.
Edited by ocnblu

As an atheist, I find all religions equally pointless, but I would strongly oppose any laws designed to curtail one religion's rights over another's. I survived many years of the Lords Prayer in school (before they were banned.) It is interesting to watch the liberal-left struggle to include absolutely everybody, which is virtually impossible. Protecting minority rights does sometimes go against what the majority BELIEVES or FEELS. Somebody's rights will necessarily get trampled on. There is no way of avoiding that. The only thing that scares me is the resurgence of the creationist movement in the United States. It has always puzzled me that while the U.S. purports to be the most advanced, richest, mightiest country the world has ever known, it has more than its fair share of wing nuts in the religious right. Is there something in the water down there?

Jeez, I honestly did not post this to start a fire.  I thought it was funny.

[post="22861"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't get it either 'blu, it was just some light-hearted humor to me. Some people take things way too seriously. I'm Catholic and they made a crack about Catholic priests in there, but I thought it was funny...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor