Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carman21

Toyota

48 posts in this topic

AS a GM fan, I wonder what is the best worst line-up the Toyota can do right now. I was thinking that we gotta guess what the worst they can do. Here's what I think. Toyota Echo? 1.4L 104hp I-4 1.8L 134hp I-4 Corolla 1.8L 134hp I-4 2.4L 179hp I-4 Camry 2.4L 179hp I-4 3.5L 268hp V-6 Avalon 3.5L 268hp V-6 4.6L 357hp V-8? Well, thats it,whatcha think?

AS a GM fan, I wonder what is the best worst line-up the Toyota can do right now.
I was thinking that we gotta guess what the worst they can do.
Here's what I think.
Toyota
Echo?
1.4L 104hp I-4
1.8L 134hp I-4
Corolla
1.8L 134hp I-4
2.4L 179hp I-4
Camry
2.4L 179hp I-4
3.5L 268hp V-6
Avalon
3.5L 268hp V-6
4.6L 357hp V-8?
Well, thats it,whatcha think?

[post="25488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

People never bought Hondas or Toyota based on engine size and horsepower figures

or the fact they are a Class leader , which they never are , or innovative for that matter .

[post="25579"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Umm.. yeah oh Honda and Toyota have never built class leading vehicles. The Camry, Corolla, Sienna, Accord, Civic and Oddessey are always a step behind.

I honestly cannot say that any recent Corolla has been better than any comparable Civic, but the Corolla has always been better than the Cavvy and is only marginally worse than the Cobalt. The Camry is class leading, sales-wise, that has to count for something.

Sometimes Honda and Toyota are the class leaders. They are "follow the leader" companies who wait for someone to try something before assuming the risk of doing it themselves. That said, when they do it themselves (usually only a year or two behind) they improve it in some way because they know what consumers want from the original company's request lists. That's why they are usually considered class-leading.

Sometimes Honda and Toyota are the class leaders.

They are "follow the leader" companies who wait for someone to try something before assuming the risk of doing it themselves.  That said, when they do it themselves (usually only a year or two behind) they improve it in some way because they know what consumers want from the original company's request lists.  That's why they are usually considered class-leading.

[post="25614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um, were not Toyota and Honda the first ones to offer mainstream hybrids by a considerable length of time? :huh:

If you can honestly say the Corolla and Camry are class leading... you need help. :blink:

[post="25607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Camry? Sure when it came out in 2001 in was.. best overall boring and safe 4 cylinder family sedan out there, which is all a tonne of families need/care to spend on a car.

The current Accord of the time was still better than it...

That and when the new Malibu came out, I remember some magazine placing it higher than the Camry in a comparison... And its biased. That has to say something about the Camry...

The current Accord of the time was still better than it...

That and when the new Malibu came out, I remember some magazine placing it higher than the Camry in a comparison... And its biased. That has to say something about the Camry...

[post="25622"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The old Accord was pretty small in comparison... and its 4 cylinder engine didn't compare. Kind of like the 2.2L ecotec.

Record Sales =/= Class Leader Jus6t cause they sell a half a billion Camrys to clueless sheeple every year does NOT make the Camry better than an Impala or Regal.

No, it means they sell more, which brings in more money which makes it possible for Toyota to think about buying GM. Like I said, it counts for something. Just because no thread is complete without a Camaro, I'll just add to this that the Mustang not only outsold the 4th gen, it was the better car for the 95% of society that doesn't go to the dragstrip every weekend.

Um, were not Toyota and Honda the first ones to offer mainstream hybrids by a considerable length of time? :huh:

[post="25617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, which is why they are SOMETIMES class leaders, but generally they are "Follow the Leader" companies. I am NOT implying GM is always the leader here...but sometimes they are. GM does have a knack for innovation though.

Record Sales  =/=  Class Leader

Jus6t cause they sell a half a billion Camrys to clueless sheeple every year does NOT make the Camry better than an Impala or Regal.

[post="25658"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Insulting Camry owner intelligence over marginal cars W-body cars like the old Impala and especially the Regal is pretty funny. What was better about them? Safety? No. Fuel Economy? No. Resale Value? No. Interiors? No. Chirping tires at stoplights? Sure .

Camry hasn't been class-leading since the mid-90s and Avalon has been a lame-duck for two generations. Everything else is up for debate to an extent.

Avalon
3.5L 268hp V-6
4.6L 357hp V-8?

[post="25488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL a 360hp V8 in an Avalon... Toyota would never do that........ toyota doesnt have a single FWD V8 engine anyways.

Sometimes Honda and Toyota are the class leaders.

They are "follow the leader" companies who wait for someone to try something before assuming the risk of doing it themselves.  That said, when they do it themselves (usually only a year or two behind) they improve it in some way because they know what consumers want from the original company's request lists.  That's why they are usually considered class-leading.

[post="25614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So does this mean the japanese builders have better analysts, marketing and engineering or cheaper work force ?
<_<

So does this mean the japanese builders have better analysts, marketing and engineering or cheaper work force ? 
<_<

[post="25700"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, that's not what it means at all. It means that instead of innovating, they closely follow so they come to market with a product that improves upon the leading one. Nothing to do with analysts, because they wait for someone else to assume the risk before they attempt.

The biggest threat Toyota poses to GM is not their model lineup. It's the sheer amount of cash Toyota sits upon.

Insulting Camry owner intelligence over marginal cars W-body cars like the old Impala and especially the Regal is pretty funny.  What was better about them?  Safety?  No.  Fuel Economy? No.  Resale Value?  No.  Interiors?  No.  Chirping tires at stoplights? Sure .

[post="25683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually the the W-body cars do get better fuel economy. Are you comparing the V6s to I4s? Because no W-bodies come with 4 cyl engines. The 303hp Impala gets 19/28. What does the 225hp Camry get?

Actually the the W-body cars do get better fuel economy. Are you comparing the V6s to I4s? Because no W-bodies come with 4 cyl engines. The 303hp Impala gets 19/28. What does the 225hp Camry get?

[post="25759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

20/29 I think. Btw, thanks to SAE's new rating system the Camry SE V6 Hp is down to 210.

No, that's not what it means at all.  It means that instead of innovating, they closely follow [analyze] so they come to market [marketing] with a product that improves upon the leading one [engineering].  Nothing to do with analysts, because they wait for someone else to assume the risk before they attempt.

[post="25717"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:unsure:

Wow another thread gone bad. Chirping tires in FWD is just lame and was obviously not waht I was talking about. Lbs. per Lbs. the Camry versus Impala decision is a no brainer unless you eat that crap CR keeps shoveling down subscriber's throats.

20/29 I think. Btw, thanks to SAE's new rating system the Camry SE V6 Hp is down to 210.

[post="25762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, it's 18/28.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0