Pontiac G6 GXP Street Package

Sing with me now! :smilewide:

"You always said, 'Live and let live ...'"

:P

When you were young and your heart was an open book

You used to say live and let live

(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)

But in this ever changing world in which we live in

Makes you give in and cry

Say live and let die

Live and let die

Live and let die

Live and let die

What does it matter to ya

When you got a job to do

You gotta do it well

You gotta give the other fellow hell

When you were young and your heart was an open book

You used to say live and let live

(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)

But in this ever changing world in which we live in

Makes you give in and cry

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me, ive learned the dangerousness of listening to metallica and other fast music in my car already... my friend does it in his Chevelle too. if you listen to something fast, especially like Dyers Eve, it tends to make my pedal hit the floor! strange, huh?

i have learned, however, that pink floyd has usually the opposite effect... some dark side of the moon to conserve gas and keep the rear end pointed in the correct direction! :P

trust me, ive learned the dangerousness of listening to metallica and other fast music in my car already... my friend does it in his Chevelle too. if you listen to something fast, especially like Dyers Eve, it tends to make my pedal hit the floor! strange, huh?

i have learned, however, that pink floyd has usually the opposite effect... some dark side of the moon to conserve gas and keep the rear end pointed in the correct direction! :P

Yeah, great fun on an open highway or windy back roads.

2 more of my favorites -

For high energy (poor recording, and the video is irrelevant, only studio version I could find) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4oh1vqTDNc...feature=related (bastards video makes it feel slow)

And both for energy and, well, association lol -

The red one actually looks hot.

Yes, it looks great! No hood scoops and no rear wing are, imho, as important as removing the Bugs Bunny teeth in making the car look better (EDIT - guess it's easy to tell that I'm not much of a G6 GXP Street Edition fan).

Edited by ZL-1

Yes, it looks great! No hood scoops and no rear wing are, imho, as important as removing the Bugs Bunny teeth in making the car look better (EDIT - guess it's easy to tell that I'm not much of a G6 GXP Street Edition fan).

I agree less is more. The smaller teeth really help.

Now they only have to power the rear wheels and hook it to a 300 HP 3.6 S speed. The new SAAB AWD would fit this too! They need to give it what Chevy and Saturn lack.

What kills me is the race car with the factory wing and the race wing on top of it. I hope the rules required that as it did nothing for the looks of the race car.

...But ya know, some people love the catfish too, even though I think it's hideous.

Assuming you are referring to the last gen. SS, then the badge is in the wrong place! :rolleyes:

Edited by AAS

i LOVE the catfish.. and AAS, with the SLP grill, the SS is in the front....

:drool: i want a T/A more, but id LOVE an SS too!

silvercamaro04.jpg

EDIT: its hard to see here, but theres an SS emblem in the grill

Yeah... totally spaced on that option.

So much to say, so little time.

So I'll just say that if Pontiac had done this car more like those chops, the GXP Street Edition would have made me hate the G6 less instead of more.

And...

Dark Phoenix, I believe that you are a genuine Pontiac fan and that your heart is in the right place. However, many of the folks here do have something to teach you if you are willing. Folks like Hyper (and many others here) actually know some of the people at GM that make the cars happen. Others here work for GM, work in the industry or the automotive press, or have made a study of the market in general and GM in particular.

We disagree... alot.

However when it comes to factual information, it really doesn't get much better than the C&G crowd.

All I'm saying is get to know us a bit and you'll understand why I'm saying this.

I work in the industry. In the beginning it made me :booyah::ohyeah: but the last few years have been more like :unsure::angry::cry: Things have been ugly in SE Michigan the last few years with a lot of job insecurity. I sure am hoping that turns around soon. But I digress...

Edited by 2QuickZ's

Well, there are options. Formulas should be cheap. While they aren't exactly plentiful, they aren't so rare as to have that spike the price. They just were never all that popular, so they should run quite a bit less than a Trans Am (especially a WS6). Of course, WS6 Fomulas are a different story. There were VERY few of those in the LS1 era and I'm sure the cost will be higher with those too.

"base" Trans Ams (if you can make such a statement lol) should also be cheaper than WS6 models, both because they were cheaper to buy, and because everyone wants "teh ram air".

And of course, Firebirds are cheap too.

Now, that said, I know you want a WS6, so here's what ya do. Track down a "base" Formy or Trans Am, then buy either an OEM WS6 hood, or a Raptor, or a WS9 hood, and then mod the rest of the car however you want. (just don't badge it as a WS6 then, please - there are WS7 badges made for WS6 clones that look factory) To be honest, if you jump to 18s, or wider than 275s, and especially if you lower it, and/or change the sway bars, you've eliminated, and possibly even gone beyond what makes a car a "WS6". The flat hoods make just as much power.

Alternately, you could get a Firebird, then put a couple of hair dryers on it. Sort of like a re-incarnation of the '89 Anniversary T/A. That would be kinda cool (especially with LT1 styling, IMO).

Any of those will get you WS6 performance (or more) and the looks, for less money.

Just don't wreck or excessively beat on it, please. I hate to see Trans Ams being daily driven. Used, and used hard, yes, but daily driven is just excessive wear and tear, it's being wasted in rush hour traffic jams.

Or..... you could wait till '09 and get a Solstice Coupe. 8)