Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pontiac G6 GXP Street Package

Pontiac G6 GXP Street Package
Real Life Shots

I really don't care what anyone says, this car doesn't look bad at all in person. In fact, it looks pretty darn good, especially with the metal grille and hammerhead spoiler. I could leave the hood scoops, but the rest is sharp. Feel free to flame me now.

And thanks, Ryan, for the pics! :thumbsup:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scare Mask (the Scream) meets G37& Hyundai Tiburon.

Scare Mask (the Scream) meets G37& Hyundai Tiburon.

Agreed. While I actually semi-like the more expressive front fascia, the rest takes a very clean, pure design and just glues stuff on--that teen-driving Scion wing, tne the aftermarket catalog rear bumper humps.

So, maybe just that face and a smaller, more fitting spoiler would be great, but otherwise, the pure svelteness of the last GT/GTP coupe should have stayed. It's like catering to the "stereotypical" Pontiac crowd now, the ones who liked Grand Ams and glued things on them.

GM always seems to love putting terribly cheap ass wheels on their cars!!!!!!!!!! GOD!

no stick on this car, it needs one. get the direct injection mill under the hood, too. 252hp is not enough, let's get about 275-280.

looks great otherwise except for those vertical ribs hanging off the back bumper. that looks really ricey.

the front end looks awesome.

Lutz and company should have their ass handed to them already for not doing anything yet with the dismal interior. 3-4 years already and NOTHING done to relieve the 'i want to kill myself' dark sea of rubbermaid. Maximum Bob, c'mon, this is BULL$h!. this car would sell SO MUCH better if the interior wasn't f@#king junk.

Edited by regfootball

any luck them putting the 3.6 and 6speed in the convertible? is the g6 getting a makeover next year?

i saw a g6 with that wing before... not horrid, but eh. not sure if it was a gxp.

kinda looks to much like the last grandam GT which is good and bad.

Ya know... It does look better.

I'd have to rip the wing off and burn it, maybe put a stock G6 hood on... But other than that, it doesn't look bad.

I really like those wheels and see nothing "cheap" about them. ESPECIALLY compared to the wheels that were first shown on the production model (The wannabe spoke hubcap wheels)

P.S. Pontiac needs to invest a bit in the GXP badge so it doesn't look so generic.

The large grille makes the wheels look small. If the wheels and taillamps were as comically large as the grille and headlights, and the wheels were of any quality, this would work. If Pontiac was going for big, butch, and ignorant looking, they should've went the whole nine yards.

Actually, a nice bulge over the rear wheels would do this design some justice.

Also, why no pics of the black one?

For those that don't know, the hood scoops and hammerhead wing are an option package. So for all those that said they'd take it without the spoiler and hood, you're in luck.

Also good to see GM finally put colour matching mirrors on this thing.

The rest is pure $h! in my opinion - especially the interior. Way to go Lutz, you've proved you're completely f@#king useless.

For the record, you can order a regular G6 Coupe with ground effects for 2008 (Street edition package). That would definately look less ricey than this thing, although you only get the 3.5L.

Metal grille looks better than the plastic. Otherwise the car looks bad, horrible interior. GM doesn't realize that the 3.6 liter high feature engine is average, the Japanese have had engines that make more power and get better mileage in their midsize sedans for a few years now. Pontiac should become the fleet sale brand, so they can end fleet sales on all the other brands (aside from commercial use full size vans/pickups). Pontiacs are basically Chevys with lower quality materials and plastic cladding inside and out.

Either GM is really stupid, or really poor and can't fund this brand. Either way, why keep this brand around? All they are good for is rental cars, and I don't know if that is even a good idea, because it will give GM products a poor reputation. The G8 is going to be a bust also, because no one will pay over 30k for a Pontiac, it is like paying 30k for a Mitsubishi or Kia. The G8 V6 also has less power than a Camry, Accord or Altima, but weighs nearly 400 pounds more, how sporty can it be?

Want to know what's sad? I just saw a commercial for the GXP series that showed the Solstice, Torrent, and G6. The voiceover says that the Solstice GXP is faster than a Porsche Boxster and the Torrent GXP is faster than a BMW X5. There is no mention of what the G6 GXP is faster than, probably because it isn't even faster than a normal G6.

This is a disgusting vehicle. Anyone who would buy this over a G6 GTP with the same powertrain needs to have their head and/or examined.

Go back to 1999 when that was a topical and witty joke. Sheesh.

yeah, really.

"Got any Titanic jokes too? I mean, as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. You're soooo funny!!"

Want to know what's sad? I just saw a commercial for the GXP series that showed the Solstice, Torrent, and G6. The voiceover says that the Solstice GXP is faster than a Porsche Boxster and the Torrent GXP is faster than a BMW X5. There is no mention of what the G6 GXP is faster than, probably because it isn't even faster than a normal G6.

This is a disgusting vehicle. Anyone who would buy this over a G6 GTP with the same powertrain needs to have their head and/or examined.

yeah, really.

"Got any Titanic jokes too? I mean, as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. You're soooo funny!!"

Regarding that commercial, I thought the same thing, but after thinking about it Im sure the G6 is faster then other cars, just not ones that are in the same category as a BMW or Porsche, if they would have said the G6 is faster than an Accord or Altima it would have sounded stupid after just stating the Solstice and Torrent are faster than Porches and BMWs so they just didn't mention it. But Im glad you saw the commercial, Ive only seen it a few times actually aired on television.... Although I wore it out on TIVO.

ok, on the wheels, you're right. the wheels do look good. i just think the chrome plating job looks cheap. the design and machining looks good. i really am not into chroming wheels.

I believe these are the same wheels that will in a very short time be available in a Black Chrome treatment which I think will compliment the car even more, will certainly add to the cars uniqueness.

Man , why bother with this thing . Just when ya think Pontiac is on the right track , they go and do sumthing like this . Is this not just a RENAMED GTP , with new facia's and wheels that u actually have to pay extra for .

Screw the ugly body crap . This car shoulda been sent to the ring , get the ride height down , add some more Motorsport'ish looking wheels and performance tires , the DI 3.6 with a 6-speed manual , Recaro seats and maybe for appearence ......incorporate a projector in the headlamps and give it some xenons . Then add a GXP badge to it , because it really woulda been special car . Leave the 08 GXP as what it really is , last years GTP .

GM is sooooo random right now . Some stuff is executed perfectly , and then u have "waste of money" stuff like this .

if they would have said the G6 is faster than an Accord or Altima it would have sounded stupid after just stating the Solstice and Torrent are faster than Porches and BMWs so they just didn't mention it.

But its not . For once in a long time , the GM midsize v6's are the slow ones . Both the v6 Accord and the Camry and the Altima are running bottom 14's , and thats magazine times .

I'm still in disbelief that GM is actually going to make this. It is like an April Fools joke that just won't end. The grill is beyond hideous. I can't even give an opinion on the rest of the car, because I can't look past that grill. It makes me want to buy every one of them, and drive them all into a wall head on. At least it's a true Pontiac(sarcasm)

It seems like to get a good car design from GM(cars, not trucks), it either has to be from either Holden, Opel, or Cadillac. Maybe this is just GM's plan to run Pontiac into the ground?

This car looks Hot, would be proud to own and drive it. The G6 coupe has always had a great shape, finally it has an aggressive front end. The Hammerhead spoiler is cool too, follows the line of the entire car. I dont care what the people who dont like it say, they probably drive a sedan... Thanks GM for not making another boring car, maybe they will like it after seeing a few driving around, if not.... who cares... Id still buy one.

no stick on this car, it needs one. get the direct injection mill under the hood, too. 252hp is not enough, let's get about 275-280.

Lutz and company should have their ass handed to them already for not doing anything yet with the dismal interior. 3-4 years already and NOTHING done to relieve the 'i want to kill myself' dark sea of rubbermaid. Maximum Bob, c'mon, this is BULL$h!. this car would sell SO MUCH better if the interior wasn't f@#king junk.

+1

This car looks Hot, would be proud to own and drive it. The G6 coupe has always had a great shape, finally it has an aggressive front end. The Hammerhead spoiler is cool too, follows the line of the entire car. I dont care what the people who dont like it say, they probably drive a sedan... Thanks GM for not making another boring car, maybe they will like it after seeing a few driving around, if not.... who cares... Id still buy one.

Nope, I drive a GTO. I pretty much avoid sedans.

For me, the G6 represents the worst translation of concept-to-production in recent GM history. The concept G6 was brilliant, so much so that I could almost ignore the FWD issue completely. Then the production car was intro'd and it made me ill.

Bring on Alpha!

Even then, the concept car was AWD. I would love to get a Holden Torana as a Pontiac.