LAIAS: Hyundai Concept Genesis Coupe

I didn't see it posted anywhere, so I figured I would.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For more pictures, Clicky

Per my opinion... I'm actually aspiring to own a Hyundai. The dip of the window is very odd... but overall it looks nice. As well, who can hate on an affordable compact RWD coupe? The production version shouldnt be much different going by all the pictures out there of it. As I said before, I look forward to being able to see it in person.

The front is a better rendition of what Lexus is trying to do. The back looks like the back of the next gen Saturn Aura/Opel Insignia. I'm sure Hyundai humpers will be accusng GM of copying this rear end design once they new Aura/Insignia is revealed.

That series of pictures of the silver production version, apparently snapped by a cell phone at a styling clinic (with the car parked next to a Mustang GT) look great. Of course it cannot compare with 40+ years of Mustang legacy, but it's still cool looking. I like the dark side glass, and the dip in the quarter glass. It sort of reminds me of an insect wing of some kind, perhaps a wasp?

the styling seems like a natural evolution of the Tiburon styling, which has always seemed a little plain before, but looks pretty good now. While I'm no Hyundai fan, they do deserve credit for how far they've gone in such a short amount of time. They've gone from uber-boring to semi-cool designs and from crap to respectably reliable. I won't buy one, but I can't see people getting made fun of for doing so either.

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as "Hyundai Humpers" and a design cue to call there own :P

I assume there is since I thought every brand had humpers. Hell, even Yugo had humpers. I'm sure of it. Of course, the Yugo Humpers had to maybe pick another name since Yugo Humpers sounds like a nice way to say f@#k Off. :P

Oh, and as far as the design cues, I think they put cars on a dart board and throw darts at them. In this case, a dart hit the front of a Lexus IS and the back of a spy photo of the next gen Saturn Aura.

Oh, and as far as the design cues, I think they put cars on a dart board and throw darts at them. In this case, a dart hit the front of a Lexus IS and the back of a spy photo of the next gen Saturn Aura.

True but the prior designs did not look cohesive at all. This one looks nicer in comparison to the older Bumdai concepts. Somehow the designers figured out how to make the donor cars cohesive using Photoshop.

Not bad. Hell, I might consider buying it if I didn't have to live with the guilt and humiliation of spending money on a Hyundai.

Besides, there's no amount of cool associated with Hyundai no matter how their concepts look. Hyundais have more of a "Look at how big a weiner I am!" vibe to 'em.

They should quit trying to fool themselves into believing they're something they aren't.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Well, it's not really a Genesis coupe. According to the November '07 issue of Road & Track, this is the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon.(The silver car that I have scanned from the magazine and posted on the Spyshot thread for Tiburon in this site. I never seen the back of the car, but, honestly, I still don't like it. Even though I was born and raised in Korea, I have no love for Hyundais. Only Korean Car I like so far is the Korea Only, Hand made sports car called Proto Spirra that is using the Mustang V8 with 419 HP on it that sells in limited production for $80,000 US dollars in Korea.

Road & Track saids that the base engine for this 2010 Tiburon could be the V6 (with around 230HP according to some on-line site I came accros a while back) and there is a posibility of a V8 that will be used on the Genesis sedan, and posibly a Turbo 4 for the Asian market.

But, to me, I think this couple still needs some freshing up to do. I am a sucker for the grill-less design for the sports cars, sort of like current Tiburons, so that and other things to me, will make the car look better, well, for me.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

very derivitive and dull. BLEH

lexus IS front 350z a pillar a little accord coupe in the profile and otherwise generic asian car. there is a little celica fender swoop in there too.

will likely be a decent car with a good price but overall not my cup of tea. not when the camaro will offer so much visual sizzle for prob less money