It's official Fly: Toyota wants to kill your car

I just saw one of those Toyotathon commercials where they say "people will find any reason to buy a new Toyota" :rolleyes:

Anyway it showed them destroying noty one but two Oldsmobiles. The first was either an Alero or Intrigue...I couldn't tell because I wasn't paying much attention at first, and it was buried under a snow bank where a plow ripped it in half seconds later. The2nd one was a black first gen Aurora...the stupid bitch cut down a tree and had it land on the poor car.

Toyota's coming for you fly....:P

Edited by Dodgefan

I just saw one of those Toyotathon commercials where they say "people will find any reason to buy a new Toyota" :rolleyes:

Anyway it showed them destroying noty one but two Oldsmobiles. The first was either an Alero or Intrigue...I couldn't tell because I wasn't paying much attention at first, and it was buried under a snow bank where a plow ripped it in half seconds later. The2nd one was a black first gen Aurora...the stupid bitch cut down a tree and had it land on the poor car.

Don't forget the Bravada... There was a 1999 Bravada destroyed in the Toyotathon commercial I saw yesterday...

Hopefully Toyota pissing all over Oldsmobile's grave will come back to haunt them. The ghost of Ransom E. Olds is stirring and boy is he pissed... :P

Speaking of more boneheaded advertising, I saw a Hyundai ad in my Motor Trend where it said something like 1,247 Sonatas were crushed because they weren't up to Hyundai quality standards and showed mass car carnage with Sonatas piled up as hunks of metal cubes. In an era where everybody is suddenly environmentally conscious, who's bright idea was it to show brand new cars going to waste by being turned into cubes of scrap?

Edited by mustang84

Speaking of more boneheaded advertising, I saw a Hyundai ad in my Motor Trend where it said something like 1,247 Sonatas were crushed because they weren't up to Hyundai quality standards and showed mass car carnage with Sonatas piled up as hunks of metal cubes. In an era where everybody is suddenly environmentally conscious, who's bright idea was it to show brand new cars going to waste by being turned into cubes of scrap?

IMO, they didn't crush enough.

Hopefully Toyota pissing all over Oldsmobile's grave will come back to haunt them. The ghost of Ransom E. Olds is stirring and boy is he pissed... :P

So...what, they couldn't just fix them? Seems aweful wasteful.

GM marketing needs to step up and get back at Toyota for showing people wanting to destroy a good American car for a Jap import. It's time the gloves came off and the real fight begins. Stop worrying about hurting some poor import buyers feelings that we as True Americans still believe in American products. It even gets on my nerves when they use young American children in ads or worse yet our beautiful American Landscape. Yes we have problems in American, but as some comedian once said 1 million illegal immigrants cannot be wrong about American. And can we make American any uglier then having those new Tundras driving around.

what about the one where the guy drops a steel beam on a really nice GMC/Chevy crew cab? That one pissed me off. Time for GM to run an ad showing how inferior the Jap cars are. Show the tailgates of a tundra bending in half when a lawn tractor is attempted to be loaded...that would be a start!