Intrepidation

It's official Fly: Toyota wants to kill your car

24 posts in this topic

I just saw one of those Toyotathon commercials where they say "people will find any reason to buy a new Toyota" :rolleyes:

Anyway it showed them destroying noty one but two Oldsmobiles. The first was either an Alero or Intrigue...I couldn't tell because I wasn't paying much attention at first, and it was buried under a snow bank where a plow ripped it in half seconds later. The2nd one was a black first gen Aurora...the stupid bitch cut down a tree and had it land on the poor car.

Toyota's coming for you fly....:P

Edited by Dodgefan

That's just wasteful. VW smashing ricemobiles I can deal with, but wrecking perfectly reliable and good-looking cars to promote inferior ones is very weak.

I just saw one of those Toyotathon commercials where they say "people will find any reason to buy a new Toyota" :rolleyes:

Anyway it showed them destroying noty one but two Oldsmobiles. The first was either an Alero or Intrigue...I couldn't tell because I wasn't paying much attention at first, and it was buried under a snow bank where a plow ripped it in half seconds later. The2nd one was a black first gen Aurora...the stupid bitch cut down a tree and had it land on the poor car.

Don't forget the Bravada... There was a 1999 Bravada destroyed in the Toyotathon commercial I saw yesterday...

To all members of C&G: If you see a new Tundra, put a paper clip on its tailgate. If they wanna fight dirty, we can return the favor! :angry:

Toyota can bite my ass with their inferior, poor-running, unreliable, bland, useless abominations.

Hopefully Toyota pissing all over Oldsmobile's grave will come back to haunt them. The ghost of Ransom E. Olds is stirring and boy is he pissed... :P

Speaking of more boneheaded advertising, I saw a Hyundai ad in my Motor Trend where it said something like 1,247 Sonatas were crushed because they weren't up to Hyundai quality standards and showed mass car carnage with Sonatas piled up as hunks of metal cubes. In an era where everybody is suddenly environmentally conscious, who's bright idea was it to show brand new cars going to waste by being turned into cubes of scrap?

Edited by mustang84

Speaking of more boneheaded advertising, I saw a Hyundai ad in my Motor Trend where it said something like 1,247 Sonatas were crushed because they weren't up to Hyundai quality standards and showed mass car carnage with Sonatas piled up as hunks of metal cubes. In an era where everybody is suddenly environmentally conscious, who's bright idea was it to show brand new cars going to waste by being turned into cubes of scrap?

IMO, they didn't crush enough.

Hopefully Toyota pissing all over Oldsmobile's grave will come back to haunt them. The ghost of Ransom E. Olds is stirring and boy is he pissed... :P

So...what, they couldn't just fix them? Seems aweful wasteful.

Here's the ad

scan0002wa9.jpg

I seem to recall a boat load or two full of Hyundai's were sunk in transit to the US w/in the last year. Anyone want to wager how many vehicles were 'recovered' from those boats?

GM marketing needs to step up and get back at Toyota for showing people wanting to destroy a good American car for a Jap import. It's time the gloves came off and the real fight begins. Stop worrying about hurting some poor import buyers feelings that we as True Americans still believe in American products. It even gets on my nerves when they use young American children in ads or worse yet our beautiful American Landscape. Yes we have problems in American, but as some comedian once said 1 million illegal immigrants cannot be wrong about American. And can we make American any uglier then having those new Tundras driving around.

I caught that ad, too. The only thing nice I can say about it is Toyota has gone ahead and slightly increased the value of the 1st gen Aurora.

It would be nice if GM or someone showed people doinga nything to get out of an ugly Camry or an ugly, braking Tundra. they don't even have to make up excuses.

IMO, they didn't crush enough.

Step 1: Crush the cars as soon as they come out of the plant

Step 2: ????

Step 3: Profit!

what about the one where the guy drops a steel beam on a really nice GMC/Chevy crew cab? That one pissed me off. Time for GM to run an ad showing how inferior the Jap cars are. Show the tailgates of a tundra bending in half when a lawn tractor is attempted to be loaded...that would be a start!

There was another Toyotathon ad where a guy dropped a steel beam on an old Chevy truck. And another where some people rolled a boulder down a mountain onto an Explorer.

I'm surprised the insurance industry doesn't complain and have the ads withdrawn and Toyota issue an apology and retraction "We do not condone the use of insurance fraud to finance the purchase of new Toyotas"

I know if I were an insurace adjuster, I'd damn sure be on the phone to someone about this kind of marketing.

And they are all over TV-even worse....

*looks for a Toyota to set fire to*

If they want to smash perfectly good GM cars, then we can burn Toyotas to keep warm.....

That should help move a few Tundras anyways...

Expensive, yes, but kindling nonetheless. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor