Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonVeezelsnider

Grammy Awards '08

35 posts in this topic

After watching that Drug Addled Amy Winehouse edge out Taylor Swift for best new Artist, which is, I believe, setting a bad example... I saw that Alan Jackson's smooth-flowing song, "A Woman's Love", got edged out by Keith Urban's "Stupid Boy" for best Male Country Performance- Anyone who's heard both songs would surely agree that Alan was robbed....

Did anyone else watch this year or happen to want to weigh in as well?

I got home around 1):15 and listened to it off and on while my girlfriend watched and I worked on homework. I don't like these awards shows much and this further proves it. Most of the music they played was rap (that I heard) and also there was that guy Kanye West who is a douchebag.

Drug-addled or not, Winehouse deserved that win. Her talent is incredible. I'm also a fan of Swift.

Edited by Croc

Yes sirs, she's one hell of a singer. Congratulations, Amy Winehouse.

Blu, she was supposed to be performing in the Grammy's, but her Visa got rejected by the US embassy for no reason quoted.

I did not know that EU denizens need visa for entering US.

I didn't watch, recent Grammy telecasts have been unwatchable $h!e...I was glad to see Bruce Springsteen and the Foo Fighters get a few awards, though..

I was watching Rush Hour 2 for like the fifth time.

I think Taylor Swift should've won over Winehouse...

Regardless, all I saw were pics online of the show, and damn did Carrie Underwood look good during her performance. Those legs!

Who is Taylor Swift? Never heard of him/her..

She's a cute little 18 year old country singer with quite a few hits this year.. which are all much better than Winehouse's terrible, hypocritical "Rehab" song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift

Main.jpg

Edited by NOS2006

She's a cute little 18 year old country singer with quite a few hits this year.. which are all much better than Winehouse's terrible, hypocritical "Rehab" song.

Hmmm..definitely easier on the eyes than the scary Wino... speaking of new artists, I have heard of Cobie Caliat, ...she's a Malibu girl that looks a lot like Jennifer Anniston..

Main.jpg

And NOs has hearts on her.

I was listening to a Central FL radiostation and the guy said that a teenage boy called the station asking them is there any way to take Taylor Swift out on a date at a local MCDONALDS.

And NOs has hearts on her.

I was listening to a Central FL radiostation and the guy said that a teenage boy called the station asking them is there any way to take Taylor Swift out on a date at a local MCDONALDS.

Geeze, she is worth the world's finest meal. Though I couldn't afford that, I could definitely fund taking her out for a nice night (though I'd have to move to SC or FL or something to have optimum weather) for dinner and a walk down the beach, or whatever she wants.. Maybe that's just me. :P

Geeze, she is worth the world's finest meal. Though I couldn't afford that, I could definitely fund taking her out for a nice night (though I'd have to move to SC or FL or something to have optimum weather) for dinner and a walk down the beach, or whatever she wants.. Maybe that's just me. :P

Are you using the Relay of Life for that Fund?

haha Nah. It'd be impossible to contact her, let alone try to get a date out of it anyway, so there's no use in trying. :P

I got home around 1:15 and listened to it off and on while my girlfriend watched and I worked on homework. I don't like these awards shows much and this further proves it. Most of the music they played was rap (that I heard) and also there was that guy Kanye West who is a douchebag.

What makes Kayne a douchebag??? He is one of the few hip-hop artist I respect because he writes and produces all of his own stuff. Plus his lyrics deal with real life issues, not that crap that "fiddy" writes about. I will agree that sometimes he's whiny, but hell other artist win awards which are in no way any better. Alot of the award shows are popularity contest and hardly award REAL talent. IMO I'd feel ripped off too. Furthermore Whiny-druggy-ex-con-dating-House makes me sick. I have ZERO respect for her.

We only said Goodbye with words

I died a hundred times

You go back to Her

And I go back

To black

After watching that Drug Addled Amy Winehouse edge out Taylor Swift for best new Artist, which is, I believe, setting a bad example... I saw that Alan Jackson's smooth-flowing song, "A Woman's Love", got edged out by Keith Urban's "Stupid Boy" for best Male Country Performance- Anyone who's heard both songs would surely agree that Alan was robbed....

Did anyone else watch this year or happen to want to weigh in as well?

Uh... Who? It's country... Am I supposed to care? Since they lost Johnny Cash, there hasn't been much worth listening to.

Main.jpg

Taylor is the Britney Spears of country. Total lack of talent, not that country ever really required much. :P

taylor swift is really really attractive. wow.

amy winehouse kind of needs to get her act together.

I caught some footage tonight on Entertainment tonight... Beyonce looked goregous as usual...Tina Turner looked incredible (I keep forgetting she's 68). Blonde does not work for Nelly Furtado, IMHO.

Since I missed the broadcast, did Springsteen or the Foo Fighters perform? They were the only nominees I was really interested in and saw that they both won some awards..

I spaced on the Grammys..I usually watch it and FF/mute the dull parts, but totally forgot it was last night and watched both movies of Grindhouse instead..

Edited by moltar

Taylor is the Britney Spears of country. Total lack of talent, not that country ever really required much. :P

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Country has some of the most talented singers and gifted voices in the music industry today. Many of the artists have beautiful voices that you don't often find in a rocker, punk rocker, or especially a rapper.

Have you heard any Taylor Swift songs? There's not one that I've heard that I don't care for.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Country has some of the most talented singers and gifted voices in the music industry today. Many of the artists have beautiful voices that you don't often find in a rocker, punk rocker, or especially a rapper.

Have you heard any Taylor Swift songs? There's not one that I've heard that I don't care for.

I live in rural Pennsylvania... I hear every country song. Between me and my parent's, we are the rare few who take pride in other genres. You know.. ones with talent. Course, you don't even know what punk is, so I can't hold it against you. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

I live in rural Pennsylvania... I hear every country song. Between me and my parent's, we are the rare few who take pride in other genres. You know.. ones with talent. Course, you don't even know what punk is, so I can't hold it against you. :P

I'm not going to tell you that rock, hip hop, punk, or rap doesn't include a lot of talented individuals, but anyone who says that there aren't a lot of talented singer/songwriters in country music is naive.

I'm not going to tell you that rock, hip hop, punk, or rap doesn't include a lot of talented individuals, but anyone who says that there aren't a lot of talented singer/songwriters in country music is naive.

Call me naive, then. It's not devoid of talent, there very well are country artists who do exhibit a good bit of talent. Older country is full of talent, but the majority of the new stuff severely lacks it. The example I used already being Johnny Cash. He was a truly talented country singer/songwriter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0