Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

Boys Beware!

44 posts in this topic

This is a short film that showed in 1959.. I heard it on the radio this morning and it's just absolutely hilarious how ridiculous their views were back then on homosexuality. This isn't being posted to offend anybody, but rather to look at a completely different culture from 50 years ago and how they viewed this "sickness."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0HbrhM2hg&NR=1

This is a short film that showed in 1959.. I heard it on the radio this morning and it's just absolutely hilarious how ridiculous their views were back then on homosexuality. This isn't being posted to offend anybody, but rather to look at a completely different culture from 50 years ago and how they viewed this "sickness."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0HbrhM2hg&NR=1

:huh:

I love it how they are protraying "homosexuals" as nothing but pedofiles.....

How twisted times were back then. The sad thing is, even with how times overall have changed for the better, there are still a fringe out there that still feel the same way....that us gay boys (and girls) are sick or mentally ill, or sexual "deviants."

:rotflmao: I'm not Jimmy, man. I know you hang out in bathrooms... :P

Ahh, the horribly contagious disease of homosexuality. Luckily, I've found this handy video that will help us all avoid this terrible fate. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Enzora

Glad that society has mostly gotten over this misconception, for sure.

:rotflmao: I'm not Jimmy, man. I know you hang out in bathrooms... :P

Well.....my BF may be 11 years younger than I (26 vs. 37) I'm not THAT bad of a cradle-robber......

LOL

(Although there are some tantalizing pics of BV I've seen floating around.....I might have to reconsider......)

:P

Edited by The O.C.

Ahh, the horribly contagious disease of homosexuality. Luckily, I've found this handy video that will help us all avoid this terrible fate. :AH-HA_wink:

Dude...!

Dude.....dude.....dude.....dude.....dude......dude......dude.....

:D

Dude...!

Dude.....dude.....dude.....dude.....dude......dude......dude.....

:D

What, fag? :P

Absolutely kidding, man, and you know it!

*hoping I didn't go too far..*

Careful, NOS. Joking around with them is the first step down the slippery slope to :gay:

Poor Jimmy. He had no idea that Ralph was terminally ill with a case of homo.

Poor Jimmy. He had no idea that Ralph was terminally ill with a case of homo.

But Jimmy was released on probation...he obviously confessed to liking it up the butt.

I'm sure that other than the going from B&W to color, that mentality still exists in the Bible Belt today w/ the social conservatives..

I'm sure that other than the going from B&W to color, that mentality still exists in the Bible Belt today w/ the social conservatives..

Oh, it definitely does. And what's really sickening is that the whole "they're coming to prey on your little boys" rhetoric is no different than the "they're coming to prey on your daughters and wives" rhetoric that was used to justify lynchings of black men in the old South. Bigotry is disturbingly resilient and adaptable to changing times.

Oh, it definitely does. And what's really sickening is that the whole "they're coming to prey on your little boys" rhetoric is no different than the "they're coming to prey on your daughters and wives" rhetoric that was used to justify lynchings of black men in the old South. Bigotry is disturbingly resilient and adaptable to changing times.

Bigotry is far more widespread than you may think, most Americans are just afraid of being labeled as intolerants... Their true views still shine through the masks they wear though.

I remember reading one case about racism. There were 3 groups of white people, the non-racist, the ones who said they weren't racist (basically racists in denial to be PC), and racists. Individuals in these groups were paired up with black people to solve some problem. Unsurprisingly the non-racists worked the best with them and had the fastest finishing time. Then, oddly, the racists had the 2nd best while the ones claiming they weren't racist (but really were) had by far the slowest time to completion.

I thought this was a really odd study, and it sorta surprised me, i don't remember the reason they gave for the racists working faster, but i think it had something to do with basically saying that "yeah I'm a racist... and we got a job to do so lets do it" whereas the ones who claimed they weren't were subliminally giving racist intents which dampened their efforts. Even more unfortunately is the 2nd group is a quite large group.

Anywho... amongst a lot of the hard-core religious types, homophobia is still quite alive.

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

Cutie little NOS-y NOS-NOS.....(j/k)

Didn't you watch Enzora's youtube video? That's where the "dude, dude, dude" came from.

Watch it and you'll understand.

And no....you could never go too far.....don't worry....be happy.....

Careful, NOS. Joking around with them is the first step down the slippery slope to :gay:

That has to be THE funniest emoticon EVEUH...!!!!!!!

But Jimmy was released on probation...he obviously confessed to liking it up the butt.

Who says Jimmy was the "bottom?"

LMFAO.....

Bigotry is far more widespread than you may think, most Americans are just afraid of being labeled as intolerants... Their true views still shine through the masks they wear though.

I remember reading one case about racism. There were 3 groups of white people, the non-racist, the ones who said they weren't racist (basically racists in denial to be PC), and racists. Individuals in these groups were paired up with black people to solve some problem. Unsurprisingly the non-racists worked the best with them and had the fastest finishing time. Then, oddly, the racists had the 2nd best while the ones claiming they weren't racist (but really were) had by far the slowest time to completion.

I thought this was a really odd study, and it sorta surprised me, i don't remember the reason they gave for the racists working faster, but i think it had something to do with basically saying that "yeah I'm a racist... and we got a job to do so lets do it" whereas the ones who claimed they weren't were subliminally giving racist intents which dampened their efforts. Even more unfortunately is the 2nd group is a quite large group.

Anywho... amongst a lot of the hard-core religious types, homophobia is still quite alive.

It's funny.....I do agree that there are areas of the country where homosexuality is still not totally "accepted" but I have gotten jaded by how accepting people are here out on the west coast.

My CFO and other co-workers in our Minnesota office all knew I was gay.....and I never had a single problem....in fact they were all almost overly-accepting and saw it as "no big deal."

So maybe "tolerance" is gaining more and more of a foothold.

There is a GMC Truck here in Europe with Pennsylvania tags that is following me! :o

buttsecks.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room