I *heart* baseball!!

Satty

That time of year again, opening day is tomorrow. Well, the real opening day, those two games in Tokyo dont count. Hopefully this season ends a little better for my Cubbies, the 3-game sweep out of the playoffs sucked. A World Series title would be great, a pennant would be ok. It will be nice watching the Cards lose.

Predictions:

AL East - Red Sox

AL Central - Indians

AL West - Mariners

AL Wild Card - Tigers

NL East - Mets

NL Central - Cubs

NL West - Rockies

NL Wild Card - Phillies

World Series - Cubs over Indians

That time of year again, opening day is tomorrow. Well, the real opening day, those two games in Tokyo dont count. Hopefully this season ends a little better for my Cubbies, the 3-game sweep out of the playoffs sucked. A World Series title would be great, a pennant would be ok. It will be nice watching the Cards lose.

Predictions:

AL East - Red Sox

AL Central - Indians

AL West - Mariners

AL Wild Card - Tigers

NL East - Mets

NL Central - Cubs

NL West - Rockies

NL Wild Card - Phillies

I am glad that its baseball season again. It just doesn't seem right now having football or baseball on the TV. Hockey is fine, but it just doesn't have the appeal of baseball or football. Hockey is much better in person.

I'm not going to make any guesses, but I am keeping my eye on the Cubs. Could be be their year? I mean, every team should win a world series every 100 years.

Coincidentally, my prediction (or, rather, I hope most for): the Indians over the Cubs.

I've got a good friend who's a huge Cubbie fan, while I'm, a huge Tribe guy...

Heh ... cool.

I'm a huge Cubs fan ... and a college buddy of mine is a huge Indians fan. I'll have to tell him about these predictions ;). he he

Satty ... the year might get off to a bumpy start ... rough weather is forecast for Monday, Opening Day @ Wrigley.....

*sighs*

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"He believes the world went straight to .... when Brooklyn lost the Dodgers" ... Mike Reid & Ronnie Milsap ... 'Old Folks'

No one shows love for the Braves anymore.

That's ok though. I predict some surprises this year. :)

The Braves have the potential to be very good, if Smoltz, Glavine and Hampton can pitch well over an entire season, the first two are, to be frank, old, while Hampton it seems cannot get out of bed without getting hurt.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Rockies do this year...I've been a fan of them for the last decade...but I'm moving to Diamondback territory next month, so we'll see where my loyalties fall..

Both teams are young and immensely talented, I'd give the D-Backs the pitching edge (by quite a bit) while the Rockies are (quite a bit) better defensively, so the division will likely come down to who hits better. You cannot go wrong either way, the Dodgers and Padres could make things interesting, but it'll come down to the two teams that represented the NL West in last years playoffs.

The Braves have the potential to be very good, if Smoltz, Glavine and Hampton can pitch well over an entire season, the first two are, to be frank, old, while Hampton it seems cannot get out of bed without getting hurt.

Don't forget Hudson, who starts tonight and is the actual ace.

The offense is rather deep too, 'cause everyone from 1 to 8 has the potential to hurt you.

Continuing with the Twin's fine tradition of trading off good players as soon as they start doing well, Silva, Santana and Hunter are all gone; it looks like Minnesota is going to have another worthless season. I predict the Twins will steamroll over the easily steamrollable in the first half of the season and get steamrolled as soon as they face any real competition.

And just because it needs mentioning at least once a season, Carl Pohlad is an asshole.

Remind me why you guys have a team again?

Well, the Tigers could use a few extra wins this year... :scratchchin:

I don't understand that guy... :stupid:

Continuing with the Twin's fine tradition of trading off good players as soon as they start doing well, Silva, Santana and Hunter are all gone; it looks like Minnesota is going to have another worthless season. I predict the Twins will steamroll over the easily steamrollable in the first half of the season and get steamrolled as soon as they face any real competition.

And just because it needs mentioning at least once a season, Carl Pohlad is an asshole.

Go figure. The Twins probably benefit as much as anyone else from MLB's revenue sharing plan, but they never seem to be able to have the dough to sign anyone. For all that's said about the Yankees, all the profit they make goes right back into the team, and that's how it should be. They tried pitting the Yankees and Red Sox against each other during the Santana trade talks, and it worked for a while until they both realized that and simultaneously pulled out. They settled for unloading him to the Mets for some magic beans.

This should be an interesting year. There are lots of good teams out there. The AL is wide open (I'm not ready to crown the Red Sox just yet), and the NL is only slightly less so.

I just wanted to ammend my previous prediction by saying that the orieos, as i like to call them, will win teh world sereis despite the 65 game winning prediction they currently have.

• 4 months later...
Predictions:

AL East - Red Sox

AL Central - Indians

AL West - Mariners

AL Wild Card - Tigers

NL East - Mets

NL Central - Cubs

NL West - Rockies

NL Wild Card - Phillies

Ok, wow, I was off by a bit. Lets update those.

AL East-Tampa Bay (Never thought I would seriously suggest Tampa would win the division, especially THIS division)

AL Central-Twins (I love scrappy)

AL West- Angels

AL Wild Card- White Sox (Part homer pick, part BoSox/Yanks hate)

NL East-Mets

NL Central- Cubs

NL West- Dodgers (They'll pull ahead of 'Zona, I'm almost certain)

NL Wild Card- Brewers (They'll avoid a choke this year)

Playoffs:

Tampa over Minnesota

Angels over White Sox

Cubs over Dodgers

Brewers over Mets

Angels over Rays (If this series happened, it would be fantastic, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay pulled it off)

Cubs over Brewers

Cubs over Angels

I'm pulling for your current AL forcast...I'm throwing a 3-day fest if the Red Sox and Yankees both miss the post season.

However, I'm thinking the Cubs will blow it and lose out in the NLCS in 6 games.

As an Indians fan (NOW they start to play), I'm a small-market team guy. I gotta pull for the Rays.