Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS

Had the pleasure of renting a White 2006 CXL V8, loaded, in Nova Scotia a couple years back. My mom and I were the only ones who went out, and she's not usually one for big cars but said If she didn't live in an urban setting, a White Diamond Lucerne CXL is EXACTLY what she wanted. I has to be a good car, and I will echo Paolino's comment.

My only gripe with it is the grille - I'm not a fan of the all-chrome grille (I really like the black with chrome surround grille better). I've noticed that my local BPG dealer brings in 99% of their Lucernes in with the optional all-chrome grille, and many of the Lucernes I see on the road have the all-chrome grille. However, I'm still jealous that you got yourself a CXS and wish you lots of happy miles with her!

I tend to agree and thats one of the reasons I didnt like the Super as much. This one (although its hard to tell from the pics) has the "black chrome" grille. The surround is chrome, but the vertical bars are tinted chrome, so they are a shiny gray. They could be darker though.

My only gripe with it is the grille - I'm not a fan of the all-chrome grille (I really like the black with chrome surround grille better). I've noticed that my local BPG dealer brings in 99% of their Lucernes in with the optional all-chrome grille, and many of the Lucernes I see on the road have the all-chrome grille. However, I'm still jealous that you got yourself a CXS and wish you lots of happy miles with her!

• 2 weeks later...

So how do you like it so far? Especially compared to the ancient W-body car with the 5.3L it replaced?

I always loved the extremely solid, refined, feel with great materials (really) of the Lucerne, but have never been in a Northstar model.

I miss some of the power of the GXP, but I don't miss the ride compared to this car. The magnetic suspension is deceiving though. It's so smooth over bumps that you start to think you can't take a corner at any amount of speed, but it handles it all very well.

I miss some of the power of the GXP, but I don't miss the ride compared to this car. The magnetic suspension is deceiving though. It's so smooth over bumps that you start to think you can't take a corner at any amount of speed, but it handles it all very well.

Hah, yes. It isn't as brash of a car, but more focused on solidity and quietness with the power--the power of which should seem revvier, in OHC V8 form.