Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyerShift

My Car and girlfriend

49 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Got a new car, a 2008 Volkswagen Golf (Rabbit VWoA) and a "new" girlfriend Heather! (of like, five months so far).

Plus, I'm computer illiterate if one will, and I am trying to figure out how to put one of my pics on my computer onto the signature area of posts, but I'm sure one of my friends can help me with that. Once I'm taught, I can do something well.

Edited by MyerShift

Mr. Shift, pics please. Of The Rabbit.

Volkswagen, ah? Can't say I disagree with that choice.

Now, that said, let us see some pics. But not of the Golf. I already know what one of those look like. :smilewide: :AH-HA_wink:

total congrats ont he car....fine choice. is your gf hot? every good man posts pictures of his gf in compromsing positions on the internet

total congrats ont he car....fine choice. is your gf hot? every good man posts pictures of his gf in compromsing positions on the internet

:unsure:

imageshack.us !

Is that how I do it? Alrighty, just a moment or a day. Hehe.

And, I don't do compromising. I am a young man of relative taste, hehe.

Okay then, how do I work with that "dynamic pages in the tags not allowed"?

Okay then, how do I work with that "dynamic pages in the tags not allowed"?

Copy/paste the link, but delete whatever comes after the .jpg Usually this will be something like a size specification with = sign and other gibberish.

stevenandheather1uo4.jpg

heatherandvwjk4.jpg

heatherandsteven2oj8.jpg

Edited by MyerShift

YES!! I did it!

So, everyone, this is me and my girl, and my new V-Dub!

No more Chryslers eh?

VeeDubs are nice...Time to unpimp zee auto...ja.

Well, I wouldn't rule more Chryslers out in the future, they just have to be a little more attractive and way more competetive in all segments now. Before, Chryslers products were attractive and very competetive despite shortcomings, but most newer efforts (300 aside) have in my view, tanked; regardless of sales. I hear the Caliber is a good seller, but the Caliber is waaay too much for the family hatch segment it is techcically a part of and not attractive to boot.

I like the PT, the 300 (even though it is boxy but not in a bad way), the Crossfire, and Pacifica. The other new products are ones that I have just found to be unpleasant to look at and sit in. The Journey is nicely styled and the one that I sat in had decent interior materials but I don't want that type of vehicle. I do want a manual transmission and a relatively frugal engine. Gas prices are like, 3.84/gallon here in Southern Michigan.

Good to know that things are working well for you. I wish you the best of luck with your new girlfriend and your new car. :)

Looks great! For $200 you could always get GTI side rocker trim; it goes well with the black portion of your rear bumper.

Does your Rabbit come with a trip computer? VW was inconsistent when decontenting, and many still have them. They are useful for calculating average MPG (one resets everytime you start a trip, the other one you reset it manually) and instantaneous MPG.

Much happiness to you!

Does Heather like the VW?

Is she allowed to drive it?

Oh, she loves the car. She wants a VW now because of it. She wants the "new" (current) Pasat, but finds the previous gen to be attravtive as well. Heather currently drives a white 2001 Dodge Intrepid!

She is allowed to drive it, but has only done so twice, and only once on her own. I had to teach her how to drive stick. Her first time, she only stalled it once!

Oh, she loves the car. She wants a VW now because of it. She wants the "new" (current) Pasat, but finds the previous gen to be attravtive as well. Heather currently drives a white 2001 Dodge Intrepid!

She is allowed to drive it, but has only done so twice, and only once on her own. I had to teach her how to drive stick. Her first time, she only stalled it once!

Intrepid > Passat. IMHO :D

What's under the hood of that baby? :AH-HA_wink: :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Looks great! For $200 you could always get GTI side rocker trim; it goes well with the black portion of your rear bumper.

Does your Rabbit come with a trip computer? VW was inconsistent when decontenting, and many still have them. They are useful for calculating average MPG (one resets everytime you start a trip, the other one you reset it manually) and instantaneous MPG.

Unfortunately, I only have one trip computer and have to reset it myself.

I have noticed that the main dash pad is very soft in the GTI compared to the basic Golf (Rabbit) that I have. The one in my car is soft and sturdy mind you, but the GTI's just feels so much softer, the difference between the two is incredible.

Intrepid > Passat. IMHO :D

What's under the hood of that baby? :AH-HA_wink: :P

Well... since it's not an ES, SXT, or R/T, it has the lamentable 2.7L DOHC V6.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0