My Car and girlfriend

Hey everyone!

Got a new car, a 2008 Volkswagen Golf (Rabbit VWoA) and a "new" girlfriend Heather! (of like, five months so far).

Plus, I'm computer illiterate if one will, and I am trying to figure out how to put one of my pics on my computer onto the signature area of posts, but I'm sure one of my friends can help me with that. Once I'm taught, I can do something well.

Edited by MyerShift

imageshack.us !

Is that how I do it? Alrighty, just a moment or a day. Hehe.

And, I don't do compromising. I am a young man of relative taste, hehe.

Okay then, how do I work with that "dynamic pages in the tags not allowed"?

Okay then, how do I work with that "dynamic pages in the tags not allowed"?

Copy/paste the link, but delete whatever comes after the .jpg Usually this will be something like a size specification with = sign and other gibberish.

YES!! I did it!

So, everyone, this is me and my girl, and my new V-Dub!

No more Chryslers eh?

VeeDubs are nice...Time to unpimp zee auto...ja.

Well, I wouldn't rule more Chryslers out in the future, they just have to be a little more attractive and way more competetive in all segments now. Before, Chryslers products were attractive and very competetive despite shortcomings, but most newer efforts (300 aside) have in my view, tanked; regardless of sales. I hear the Caliber is a good seller, but the Caliber is waaay too much for the family hatch segment it is techcically a part of and not attractive to boot.

I like the PT, the 300 (even though it is boxy but not in a bad way), the Crossfire, and Pacifica. The other new products are ones that I have just found to be unpleasant to look at and sit in. The Journey is nicely styled and the one that I sat in had decent interior materials but I don't want that type of vehicle. I do want a manual transmission and a relatively frugal engine. Gas prices are like, 3.84/gallon here in Southern Michigan.

Looks great! For $200 you could always get GTI side rocker trim; it goes well with the black portion of your rear bumper.

Does your Rabbit come with a trip computer? VW was inconsistent when decontenting, and many still have them. They are useful for calculating average MPG (one resets everytime you start a trip, the other one you reset it manually) and instantaneous MPG.

Much happiness to you!

Does Heather like the VW?

Is she allowed to drive it?

Oh, she loves the car. She wants a VW now because of it. She wants the "new" (current) Pasat, but finds the previous gen to be attravtive as well. Heather currently drives a white 2001 Dodge Intrepid!

She is allowed to drive it, but has only done so twice, and only once on her own. I had to teach her how to drive stick. Her first time, she only stalled it once!

Oh, she loves the car. She wants a VW now because of it. She wants the "new" (current) Pasat, but finds the previous gen to be attravtive as well. Heather currently drives a white 2001 Dodge Intrepid!

She is allowed to drive it, but has only done so twice, and only once on her own. I had to teach her how to drive stick. Her first time, she only stalled it once!

Intrepid > Passat. IMHO :D

What's under the hood of that baby? :AH-HA_wink: :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Looks great! For $200 you could always get GTI side rocker trim; it goes well with the black portion of your rear bumper.

Does your Rabbit come with a trip computer? VW was inconsistent when decontenting, and many still have them. They are useful for calculating average MPG (one resets everytime you start a trip, the other one you reset it manually) and instantaneous MPG.

Unfortunately, I only have one trip computer and have to reset it myself.

I have noticed that the main dash pad is very soft in the GTI compared to the basic Golf (Rabbit) that I have. The one in my car is soft and sturdy mind you, but the GTI's just feels so much softer, the difference between the two is incredible.

Intrepid > Passat. IMHO :D

What's under the hood of that baby? :AH-HA_wink: :P

Well... since it's not an ES, SXT, or R/T, it has the lamentable 2.7L DOHC V6.

Oh yeah! Hah! I forgot Chrysler got jiggy with the options and packages. I always think 2.7L= base/SE, 3.2L=ES, and 3.5L=ES and R/T.

It has I believe, around 110,000 miles on it. It's starting to burn oil. I've driven behind her and noticed the blue puffs under acceleration.

oh no3s! teh intrepid fanboiz!

:P

That's right! Take that Mercedes! We had swoopy four doors long before you came up with the contrived CLS!

That's right! Take that Mercedes! We had swoopy four doors long before you came up with the contrived CLS!

Not to hijack the thread but what kind of shape is the engine in otherwise and what do you plan to do with the car? Have you thought about an engine swap to a 3.2 or 3.5? They're very easy to do as far as swaps go.

Unfortunately, I only have one trip computer and have to reset it myself.

I have noticed that the main dash pad is very soft in the GTI compared to the basic Golf (Rabbit) that I have. The one in my car is soft and sturdy mind you, but the GTI's just feels so much softer, the difference between the two is incredible.

I think if you push the "1" (reset) button, it cycles between the two MPG meters. It resets if you hold it for a few seconds.

Not to hijack the thread but what kind of shape is the engine in otherwise and what do you plan to do with the car? Have you thought about an engine swap to a 3.2 or 3.5? They're very easy to do as far as swaps go.

HEATHER'S INTREPID: Well, it's very smooth and sounds nice, but she wants to get rid of it. The prior owner didn't take care of it as well as they ought to have, so there is some body rot, dents, fogged/moisture filled headlamps, weather stripping falling out of the door frame surrounds, failed a/c, and other things so she would rather attain another vehicle rather than spend that money to fix it up. Heather finds her car to be a bit too big as well.

BACK TO THE VW: The "1"? Hmm. I'll have to try that, but I haven't even noticed any MPG readouts at all regardless of what I do. The "box" between the tach and speedometer is only the half box with mileage, trip mileage, time, and temperature, and a snowflake symbol if it's cold enough out 39*F or lower, and if it was cold to start with, up to like 42*F. The Jettas I have been in and the GTI Golfs have the whole box with digital displays, and they include the compass and MPG readouts.

P.S. When I get more pics of the Volkswagen, I'll post them up in the C&G Members Rides Showcase.

Edited by MyerShift

Actually, they're from the Strikezone in Bronson.

They were weak!

:rotflmao:

Thanks. The car is pretty tight isn't it?

More Pics of Heather and (Me)! Whoo hoo!

stevenandheather15dv5.jpg

Us doing a grumpy pose.

heatherandsteven3uv1.jpg

heatherandsteven2ur1.jpg

heatherandsteven15yz8.jpg

Cute... I'd love to go through the gears & pop her clutch!

Whats up with the VW in the background though :lol:

Seriously good luck with the H20 cooled VeeDuhb & the new squeeze.

Thanks all! She is quite the lil hottie and that *gasp* watercooled VW sharp too.

Hey bud....nice choice in a car!

I'm liking the Rabbit more-and-more these days.......

My friend just traded in his X5 3.0i for a Rabbit 3-door! One day last week, after spending ~ $100 to fill up his X5, he just got pissed.....drove to the VW dealer straight from the gas station....and just traded in his BMW.....LOL

He got a black/black Rabbit 3-door, 6-speed auto, with upgraded 17-inch alloys....and I think WITH tax, title, license, he was out-the-door for about $20K....!

I saw it for the first time last night, and it's a real looker.....just a nicely-finished car....inside and outside.

He's thrilled with it......likes the power from the 2.5L engine......and says he's averaging around 26-27mpg in mixed driving. And says how he likes the "germanic" feel to the chassis/suspension compared to, say, his friend that just got a new Honda Civic 4-door.

Ah, only been there once. Did you hit up the car show this weekend? Was around most of the day.

I wasn't able to. Had to work all weekend unfortunately.

I made it last year though.

So how does she respond when you get rough with the stick?

(this has been your dirty mind test of the day, did you think woman or VW? :AH-HA_wink: )

Both? She squeaks a lot if I get rough with the stick.

dude

the gf is pretty hot and what is even cooler is from the pics i can tell you guys are pretty hip on each other....congrats on that. nothing like those times when you and your SO just click.

the car is cool too. lol.....

Thank you very much. Heather is an incredibly generous young woman with a very sweet demeanour.