Pictures!

Enzora

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

55653335_809125466110201_5590441754458324992_n.jpg

Is this today's 'blu?  I'd say there's a good dose of Germanic DNA in the mix.  Don't worry ...  I won't go off on a language lesson tangent. Happy Sunday.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Is this today's 'blu?  I'd say there's a good dose of Germanic DNA in the mix.  Don't worry ...  I won't go off on a language lesson tangent. Happy Sunday.

Pic was taken about 16 years ago.  Thanks, same to ya!

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Funny blast from the past photo. Me and my two sisters with my dads dad. The one time we met him before he died from alcholism. So 1970's as my middle sister has a green smiley face dress on. All the rage. Lol

20190614_130819.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 7:53 AM, dfelt said:

Funny blast from the past photo. Me and my two sisters with my dads dad. The one time we met him before he died from alcholism. So 1970's as my middle sister has a green smiley face dress on. All the rage. Lol

Cool. Yep ... very 1970's with those get ups.  Was this in WA state?  Your relative reminds me of some movie star from the 40s or 50s but a name doesn't come to mind.  So, then, you're the youngest kid in your family?

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Cool. Yep ... very 1970's with those get ups.  Was this in WA state?  Your relative reminds me of some movie star from the 40s or 50s but a name doesn't come to mind.  So, then, you're the youngest kid in your family?

Yes taken at the VA hospital in Seattle. Born and Raised here. Lived all over, college in Japan and now settled down for the last 20 years in Seattle.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Enjoying a Hennessy after dinner at Cleveland's magnificent Marble Room tonight on my birthday.   Another year to go until the big 5-0...

Congrats.  What a cool place!  Is there an implied or stated dress code?  I looked at the link and saw that piece of salmon.  It may be good but, like most fine dining, the portions are small and I'm always hungry.

9 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Congrats.  What a cool place!  Is there an implied or stated dress code?  I looked at the link and saw that piece of salmon.  It may be good but, like most fine dining, the portions are small and I'm always hungry.

No dress code that I saw, but I tend to dress up a bit when going to fancy places.. no shorts and t-shirts.   Food was delicious. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It was a great day...alas, nasty hangover on Saturday. I can't drink the way I used to. 

Who can, at 51, I just enjoy a bottle of wine and chocolate and take an easy night with plenty of water. lol

Glad to hear it was a great day! 

You well deserve it.

5 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Who can, at 51, I just enjoy a bottle of wine and chocolate and take an easy night with plenty of water. lol

Glad to hear it was a great day! 

You well deserve it.

Yeah, a Mojito w/ appetizers, 2+ glasses of wine and an after-dinner Hennessy may have been too much... but it was fun.   Today is a sad day, though...have to take one of our dogs to the vet to PTS...

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yeah, a Mojito w/ appetizers, 2+ glasses of wine and an after-dinner Hennessy may have been too much... but it was fun.   Today is a sad day, though...have to take one of our dogs to the vet to PTS...

Yup, Never easy when you have to deal with the dogs and their quality of life.

Grilled Ribeye Steak and Asparagus this weekend. YUMMMMMMMMMM

20190629_225113.jpg

20190629_174823.jpg

Monday Morning at Work in Seattle

Our Alaska way Viaduct is coming down now that the undercity tunnel is done and open.

20190701_063213.jpg

Morning Sun Rise over Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains to the west.

20190701_063546.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

RIP Penny..our little rescue from Arizona.  Had her almost 6 years, her health had been in decline for a while from liver problems, a bad hip and leg..her quality of life was declining.  I know it was the right thing to do, but never an easy decision.  Sweet little 6 lb Yorkie girl...

IMG_0721.JPG

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

RIP Penny..our little rescue from Arizona.  Had her almost 6 years, her health had been in decline for a while from liver problems, a bad hip and leg..her quality of life was declining.  I know it was the right thing to do, but never an easy decision.  Sweet little 6 lb Yorkie girl...

IMG_0721.JPG

Sorry the time with her was so short. Will toast her tonight. Wishing you all the best Robert.

• Agree 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, dfelt said:

Our Alaska way Viaduct is coming down now that the undercity tunnel is done and open.

20190701_063213.jpg

Thank God.  Just like the double decked freeway at the Embarcadero in San Francisco was taken down, the Seattle waterfront ought to look way better with the viaduct down.  When did the tunnel become operative and how many lanes does it have in each direction?

I was amazed at how long the light rail from the airport to downtown takes because it veers over to the southeast side of the city (Rainier Beach, etc.) before angling back up to downtown.  I'm not complaining since I used to take the articulated bus to and from the airport from the east side and it meandered along I-405 and through Renton streets, all to be civic minded and save money.

When is the light rail supposed to cross over to the east side and up to Northgate?  It needs to go even further north but neither county north and south of King Co. has funds going toward the light rail, IIRC.

All these shoehorned cities like San Francisco and Seattle decide to upgrade infrastructure WAY AFTER the growth and gridlock has occurred.  Better late than never.

@trinacriabob

The tunnel become functional and in use this past January 2019. Demolition of the Viaduct began in May. All next week they will destroy the section next to my work at First and King Street.

The Lite Rail planners wanted to increase use by the Rainer Beach area, but sadly it was clearly a mistake as the folks living there do not use it as much as expected and so it increased the cost and time to get from the airport to Downtown seattle. Lite Rail from Seattle to the East side along with to the north end being Lynnwood will go live in 2024.

See the source image

• Thanks 1

@dfelt

Thank you ... thank you.  I love it.  So, then, Snohomish and Pierce Counties are in on the deal.  Good to see it might eventually reach Everett and Tacoma, respectively.

I'm having trouble envisioning light rail to Issaquah, to the base of the "Issaquah Alps."  You'd think NIMBY.  I remember misty, foggy mornings having breakfast when there were empty fields near the Bob's Big Boy that was once there.

It was amazing to ride it from Downtown (Westlake station) to the new University of Washington station in all of about 6 minutes.  In gridlock, driving that can take 36 ... or 46 minutes.

Also, Fife is a great name for a dog!

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 1

So two days after having to PTS Penny, I'm at the vet for routine vaccinations and the vet discovers a heart murmur in Zo, our 13yr old Yorkie boy.  Had him 7 years on July 1st.  After an x-ray, the doctor believes he has an enlarged heart and early signs of congenital heart disease...managable w/ meds...I got some meds for him and will be going back next week for blood work.  Not a good week...

IMG-0580.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, Robert Hall said:

So two days after having to PTS Penny, I'm at the vet for routine vaccinations and the vet discovers a heart murmur in Zo, our 13yr old Yorkie boy.  Had him 7 years on July 1st.  After an x-ray, the doctor believes he has an enlarged heart and early signs of congenital heart disease...managable w/ meds...I got some meds for him and will be going back next week for blood work.  Not a good week...

IMG-0580.JPG

Robert, How are your Babies doing?

The pack is doing well... Zo is doing fine, he is on 4 different medications daily for an enlarged heart and spleen issue.  But eating well and lots of energy for a 13 yr old. 

IMG-2638.JPG

Here's a recent pic of the pack exiled to the back patio while I was cleaning the living room...

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Can’t wait for the fad of calling animals ‘children’ to be done with.

Nope never gonna happen. Dogs especially but I have heard this with cats also all my life they are children to those that choose to NOT have human children and even in families with human children, you have you animal children.

IMHO, Dogs are the best Children families can have as they love ya no matter what in all stages of life.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

What kind/breed are they?  I find that always has something to do with it.

All three are Lhasa Apso. Very stubborn, but loyal dogs. 🙂 They also have more human like hair, which doesn't make me sneeze like crazy like around most other dogs..

I'll have to find a picture of them...

• Agree 2

@daves87rs  When dogs annoy me, which is rare, it's usually large, clumsy dogs or small pampered yappy dogs, especially the kind that get taken to the groomer.  I much prefer the medium sized breeds of herding/working dogs.  If trained correctly, they really listen to their owners.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

@daves87rs  When dogs annoy me, which is rare, it's usually large, clumsy dogs or small pampered yappy dogs, especially the kind that get taken to the groomer.  I much prefer the medium sized breeds of herding/working dogs.  If trained correctly, they really listen to their owners.

Yeah, been to a few dog shows.....so right on there! 🙂 

Ours are good most of the time....though Bella tends to be our problem child....lol...

Sometimes having dogs is like having more kids!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If you get a dog with a great personality and high intelligence, consider yourself blessed.  They make a great addition to most households and, for some people, such as the elderly and the disabled, they are God's gift to them.  I'm not on board with calling them "children" even though, for some people, they function as children and they are free to call them whatever they want.  For me, it was always "my dog."  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Does he still have the car?  Sharp Chevelle. 

Nope, he sold it.  I am sure he regrets it.  He still has two Chevelles though, a '68 Ivy Gold Malibu coupe originally a 307/PG car, and a '66 Malibu coupe, which he's showing signs of re-doing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I see you're still maintaining the 15-year time buffer in your infrequent pics, Bill.
A+ for consistency.
- - - - -
Nice SS. Customer of mine has a '70 Malibu coupe done up as a SS, tho it retains the Malibu beltline trim. Crate 350/4-spd. Says he wants to sell it this year, so I'll give him a hand with that/there'll be some pics.

• Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...