Pictures!

Enzora

• 3 weeks later...

Since there has been a lot of talk of wearing masks if you go out in public, I’m ready.  This balaclava makes me look like a ninja burglar.  

Or one of the dust masks I use when leaf blowing 

69B76E07-6614-4128-BFC5-1728E766607A.jpeg

E7C3FF89-041B-4E99-87A3-68310A022DFD.jpeg

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Since there has been a lot of talk of wearing masks if you go out in public, I’m ready.  This balaclava makes me look like a ninja burglar.  

Or one of the dust masks I use when leaf blowing 

69B76E07-6614-4128-BFC5-1728E766607A.jpeg

E7C3FF89-041B-4E99-87A3-68310A022DFD.jpeg

Ninja fits ya Robert.

Now in the second picture, is that the top of your head after all winter long now on the front of your face? 🤔

JK, nice to see ya prepared. :metal:

• Haha 1

@Robert Hall I presume the second one is a NON-N95 dust mask.  I have some of those.  What I've been doing is doubling them up when I go to get groceries or go to the post office. I don't keep it on for a long time.  It's more confining and uncomfortable than just one, which doesn't offer much protection.

- - - - -

Okay, folks, I want everyone (assuming they are practicing their faiths) in church for Easter.  I'm still trying to get over this.  I think that, no matter how hard it is, people should plan on April 30, at the very least, which is 18 days beyond Easter.

Just recently, Mark Cuban beat around the bush and said he wasn't ruling out a run.  This worries me.  Isn't one reality show star enough in the most important office in the land (or the world)?  The problem is that the idiots (who are far from rich) who like this sort of stuff and lack critical thinking skills vote for ultra rich narcissists who sell them the populist line of crap ... yet don't give a crap about them.  Then, if this is even tenable, how about Kevin O'Leary being a possible PM choice for our northern neighbors? 

Please break this worrisome trend, folks.

Edited by trinacriabob

2 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

@Robert Hall I presume the second one is a NON-N95 dust mask.  I have some of those.  What I've been doing is doubling them up when I go to get groceries or go to the post office. I don't keep it on for a long time.  It's more confining and uncomfortable than just one, which doesn't offer much protection.

Actually, it is an N95 mask..I bought a few of them at Ace Hardware a couple years ago, been using them when I've been out w/ the leaf blower and leaf vacuum...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Father's Day pic in 'The Dogfather' t-shirt w/ Beardsley.

IMG-4069.jpg

Fur Children are AWESOME! Hope you had a great fathers day Robert.

My kids did an awesome day, recreated what we did for mothers day for me, so air fry chicken breast strips, curly fries and Whirlypop popcorn with real butter and watched two movies.

Playing with Fire staring John Cena

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9134216/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Shazam! staring Zachary Levi

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448115/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Highly recommend both movies. 

32 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Speaking of pups, we added another little girl a few months ago. She’s another little Yorkie. 

Adorable... here's a pic from a couple days ago of our two remaining Yorkies--Ginger (age 12) and Henry (age 14)....lost Penny last year and Zo earlier this year, both were 14.    Getting them to the groomers later this week, pretty shaggy.

IMG-4063-2.jpg

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

Don’t remember if I put a pic of this guy up here. Found him stuck in a bucket, kept him around for 8-9 days while he worked on flight (and grew). Fed him, then weened him off to finding/feeding himself. Near the end, I could call him and he’d bop 30 feet across the ground to me to eat a worm I found. He’d fly to your arm and all. A neat experience. 

374F3128-A92E-4AEF-9F8F-3546D6256670.jpeg

Awesome.  My dad was really big into his garden - accurately fulfilling the stereotype about Italian immigrants - and he had a few birds that seemed to know him and react to him in a similar way that you described.  He just hated it, though, when they ate his figs.  Half the figs on that fig tree were basically decimated by birds.

• Agree 3

55 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Speaking of pups, we added another little girl a few months ago. She’s another little Yorkie. 

52A0FB09-9AC2-4310-B45D-19C2E9015DF1.jpeg

374BFE67-240C-49E8-9578-5834AF20C2F4.jpeg

4D8940FE-49B8-435F-A3E5-865AE7CF5AA1.jpeg

What it is with these millennials and hipsters?  

You are killing the razor industry.     (What category do you identify with? Hipster or millennial?)  (oops, here I am doing this stereotyping thing again) (bad bad on me)  

(rhetorical question...and me trying to be funny...dont answer)  (trying to be funny are the keywords here)  (Dont @  me)  (I dont even know what "dont @ me" even means)  

Anyway...cute dogs.  

@Robert Hall  You got cute dogs too. 

@balthazar   I got a similar story to share.  When I was about 4 or 5 years old. I found a wounded baby sparrow in the alleyway next to where we were living. I took it with me inside my home and I remember crying to my mom that it was injured. My mom  told me that she was afraid its mommy wont accept it anymore because we touched it.   We nursed it together for about 3-4 weeks until it was well and we released it.  But I never got to see it again.  :(  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

My mom  told me that she was afraid its mommy wont accept it anymore because we touched it.   We nursed it together for about 3-4 weeks until it was well and we released it.  But I never got to see it again.

Is it really true that the mother of a bird will abandon its offspring if it has been touched by a human or had its scent altered by another species?  I've heard yes and that, on rare occasions, it's a no.

Just now, trinacriabob said:

Is it really true that the mother of a bird will abandon its offspring if it has been touched by a human or had its scent altered by another species?  I've heard yes and that, on rare occasions, it's a no.

I have no idea.  What my mom told me that day has stayed with me ever since.  Sometimes there is wisdom to be learned from  old tales that our parents, grand parents, great grandparents, great great grandparents have passed on to us. 

I love fresh figs.  I dont really care for the dry figs. Ill eat them, but I do much prefer the fresh figs.   

I love birds too, but like your dad, if I had a fig tree or two and birds ate my figs, Id have a conniption or two. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Some birds are very much this way, but most are not. Especially Sparrows, you can touch them and the parents will still come back and feed them. Always best to minimize interaction with wild animals, but in helping hurt or what looks like abandoned animals, Best to put them into a container and take them to the local shelter.

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

What it is with these millennials and hipsters?  

You are killing the razor industry.     (What category do you identify with? Hipster or millennial?)  (oops, here I am doing this stereotyping thing again) (bad bad on me)  

(rhetorical question...and me trying to be funny...dont answer)  (trying to be funny are the keywords here)  (Dont @  me)  (I dont even know what "dont @ me" even means)  

Anyway...cute dogs.  

@Robert Hall  You got cute dogs too. 

@balthazar   I got a similar story to share.  When I was about 4 or 5 years old. I found a wounded baby sparrow in the alleyway next to where we were living. I took it with me inside my home and I remember crying to my mom that it was injured. My mom  told me that she was afraid its mommy wont accept it anymore because we touched it.   We nursed it together for about 3-4 weeks until it was well and we released it.  But I never got to see it again.  :(  

Hahaha I'm a hairy fella.. I was born in 1988 so I'm definitely in the millennial category(although the stereotype seems to be half a generation younger than me). I am certainly not a hipster. I don't wear skinny jeans, fedoras, beard wax... 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha I'm a hairy fella.. I was born in 1988 so I'm definitely in the millennial category(although the stereotype seems to be half a generation younger than me). I am certainly not a hipster. I don't wear skinny jeans, fedoras, beard wax... 

Im bald on top. So you beat me there with the hair. 

I shave my face every damned day. Working in the restaurant industry just makes it that more cleaner for the customers, health inspectors and when the bosses (my partner and I) lead by example and we both are clean shaven everyday, it makes it that much more easier to (not demand) by politely suggest that we prefer that our employees are clean shaven too.  We cant force employees to be clean shaven, but we have to enforce a mandatory beard net as that is the law. But we much prefer that employees are clean shaven. Its a cleaner look.  But all that is for nothing as we wear medical masks now...  Not mandatory, but we prefer to do it that way for our customers. (and for ourselves, I guess)  And it gets hot in the phoquing face.  And hence why I had to vent yesterday.  Nothing really happened. I just got overwhelmed with this whole Covid thing. The masks fogging up my glasses. The heat and sweat on my face while wearing the mask in the kitchen. The constant repeating of ourselves, both the employees to me and me to my employees because we cant hear ourselves communicate to each other due to the muzzling of our voices due to said masks on top of the regular restaurant kitchen noises...

It finally blew over and I hd to vent.  I vented in my car screaming with every little thing that has bugged me over the last month or two. LOL.

Plus I vented with a post on here due to something that has bugged me on here, but then I edited it and posted that I vented and now Im happy.   :)

But I bet I got more chest hair than you.   Im more macho than you in THAT way at least.  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2

I like not having much body hair but I do have a very full head of hair. I used to get teased in High School about looking like Ronald Reagan because I had my hair combed back the same way as Ronny. :P

Lucky for me my wife like the little chest hair I have. Compared to my oldest sister and her ex who we used to call Bear. Man that guy was hair everywhere with tuffs of hair sticking out from under the cloths. He always complained about being hot and sweaty and wondered what it would be like to not have a ton of body hair. 

I always teased him that he should go for a body wax and try it. :roflmao: Reminds me of the movie 40yr old virgin. :P 

I used to have Greg Brady hair when that was "acceptable."  Thank God that, between the onset of male menopause, which I guess takes the fullness out of it, and frequent Great Clips coupons, I try to look respectable.  Perhaps I succeed because I was at a self-serve picnic event last year and this guy standing next to the table and talking to the person seated next to me was complaining about those "Dumb-o-crats."  I let him keep going for a while and then went at him, "Hey, I'm a Democrat ..." and told him that that's how I was raised and that you can still be a suburbanite and on and on.  (I'm not referring to politics here, but appearance, behavior, and stereotypes are often linked and, most of the time, the linkages hold some water.) 

He wasn't expecting that sort of a comeback!  Humans are a fascinating species.

• Agree 2

I need to go out to Great Clips at some point...haven't had a haircut since February, been trimming it myself and shaving every couple weeks or so...I was already lazy working from home, gotten worse w/ self-quarantining..

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I need to go out to Great Clips at some point

I plan to in about a week.  I am not seeing their usual coupon.  I guess they're wanting their full revenue for their services.  Can you blame them?

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

My typical work-from-home fall uniform, with COVID crazy hair...

IMG-4383.jpg

I can totally respect that comfy look.

20201027_074729.jpg

Checking work email and then gonna eat breakfast. Will do a mid morning workout.

• Agree 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:50 AM, David said:

I can totally respect that comfy look.

20201027_074729.jpg

Checking work email and then gonna eat breakfast. Will do a mid morning workout.

You look like you've lost quite a bit of weight from whatever the last picture of you I saw. Lookin good! Still working out?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

You look like you've lost quite a bit of weight from whatever the last picture of you I saw. Lookin good! Still working out?

Yes, I have stayed very active here at home working out. Thank you

I have a PreCore treadmill, so 1hr of running a day, then using barbells I have at home along with kettle balls I do lunges, pushups, a variety of core exercises. Gotta keep going since I am not going to the gym to protect my wife and kids.

Stay active, stay safe.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, David said:

Yes, I have stayed very active here at home working out. Thank you

I have a PreCore treadmill, so 1hr of running a day, then using barbells I have at home along with kettle balls I do lungs, pushups, a variety of core exercises. Gotta keep going since I am not going to the gym to protect my wife and kids.

Stay active, stay safe.

Precor makes the best ellipticals and treadmills IMHO.  They're the only ones on which I am able to complete a routine I start.  I've gotten used to their settings over the years.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, balthazar said:

In an inverse to a vampire, I cannot be photographed directly, only via reflections.  I can be SEEN directly, just not photographed by those means.

Time travel from 1939 will do that to you. 

On 10/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Happy Halloween 

8D0ABEF0-F7F5-48B5-994F-4066641CB9B8.jpeg

I love this. 

Me with my sister, before I lost weight...

Image may contain: 2 people, including Christopher Hachet, people smiling

In front of the memphis Belle....

Image may contain: Christopher Hachet, standing

My son Daniel...

Image may contain: Daniel Hachet, standing, mountain, sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Out hiking on a trail. 

Image may contain: Christopher Hachet, standing, tree, outdoor and nature

Motorcycle pic for shifts and giggles. 

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

• Agree 2

Memphis Belle is in the Air force Museum in Dayton. If you have never gone it is worth a trip.

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

@A Horse With No Name Where is the "Memphis Belle?"  Who is on the motorcycle?

Motorcycle is just a random pic I liked.

• Agree 1

On 10/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, ccap41 said:

Seeming how I don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of myself, or maybe it’s just been a long time. Here are some pictures from my wife and I’s wedding day last December. 

1EF9DF0B-339F-408A-AE3D-0DA37F4A1BEF.jpeg

50D6209B-2F30-43E7-A251-30B5EDD3FA34.jpeg

5AA65E2B-BFB0-42F4-8F03-EA6EB12B481F.jpeg

I do not know when in December you got married...but...

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!

First Anniversary Gift Happy Anniversary Gift Anniversary | Etsy | Happy  anniversary gifts, Wedding anniversary wishes, First anniversary gifts

• Agree 2

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Today at Breakwater Beach at Geneva State Park.  I love September at the beach. Warm and sunny, no crowds.   Mello listening to the surf.  

2F17F66D-6238-4DF5-A52D-77D4B6B844D2.jpeg

Scruffy and relaxing, now for either a beer or wine in the hand for perfection for me! :metal:

• Agree 1