Don't Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid!

ocnblu

'?? Ford Model A frame & 4 cyl/ steering column, mechanical brakes.

'30 Ford Model A Fordor, brown w/ black fenders, excellent restoration.

'36 Ford Standard Fordor, missing grille, hood inside car, complete but unrestored.

circa '38 sedan, peeking out of an engulfing thorn bush in a backyard.

'48 DeSoto 4-dr sedan, grey, unrestored but complete.

'50 Pontiac 2-dr sedan, teal-ish, rough, missing doors, I-8 underhood.

'57 Chevy pickup, white with red band around rear of greenhouse, restored/modified with late-model fenderside bed.

'58 Ford F-100 StyleSide pickup, yellow, solid but unrestored.

'62 Ford F-100, pewter over white, perfect, for sale.

'64 Ford Galaxie 500 XL convertible, dark blue, needing complete restoration, for sale on a trailer.

'68 Firebird hardtop, never moves from local driveway.

'?? Ford Model A frame & 4 cyl/ steering column, mechanical brakes.

'30 Ford Model A Fordor, brown w/ black fenders, excellent restoration.

'36 Ford Standard Fordor, missing grille, hood inside car, complete but unrestored.

circa '38 sedan, peeking out of an engulfing thorn bush in a backyard.

'48 DeSoto 4-dr sedan, grey, unrestored but complete.

'50 Pontiac 2-dr sedan, teal-ish, rough, missing doors, I-8 underhood.

'57 Chevy pickup, white with red band around rear of greenhouse, restored/modified with late-model fenderside bed.

'58 Ford F-100 StyleSide pickup, yellow, solid but unrestored.

'62 Ford F-100, pewter over white, perfect, for sale.

'64 Ford Galaxie 500 XL convertible, dark blue, needing complete restoration, for sale on a trailer.

'68 Firebird hardtop, never moves from local driveway.

That's quite a round of spotting for so late in the season. 'Round here all the old cars are locked away for the season. My father's '37 Packard is hiding in the garage for the winter with 74(!) miles on it. He barely got to drive it before the weather turned bad and the roads were salted to death.

Well, 4 of those were solo sightings- the rest were at a local auction, but too tasty to pass on mentioning.

There was no stated rule saying these had to be cars in motion, right ?

No such rule at all, sir. I look forward to your "spots" because you're one of the few here that understands that seeing 29 brand new Accords and Camrys and Malibus in your travels isn't really a "spot" and therefore not worth mentioning. I, too, only save my responses in these threads for the good stuff.

''68 Firebird hardtop, never moves from local driveway.

Shame about the bird, neighbors a block over have a red 67 firebird ragtop that's been sitting under about a billion bikes, sleds, blankets, puzzles, ice skates, and so forth for about the last seven years.

Sad to see a Bird die.

Chris

>>"I look forward to your "spots" because you're one of the few here that understands that seeing 29 brand new Accords and Camrys and Malibus in your travels isn't really a "spot" and therefore not worth mentioning."<<

Thank you, sir, and how RIGHT you are!!

{"I saw a silver mercedes CLKHFQ-sedan with the optional 19" wheels today."}

Jesus; they're going to be on every other street corner in 4 months, boring the s**t out of even the spotter.

Who gives a flying f**k at a rolling doughnut ?!!?

>>"Nice sig, balthy."<<

Ain't she a sweetheart ?? Damn!

>>"Sad to see a Bird die."<<

Not dead; sleeping.

Edited by balthazar

6:30 this morning. Dark, cold and rainy at Einstein's Bagels. Saw 3 eclectic cars--2 from the past, one from the future--- a Volvo P1800 wagon, dark colour, a light blue '81-83 Chrysler Imperial in good shape, and the first I've seen in the wild---a gray GT-R!! Very menacing and brutal looking, with huge titanium coloured wheels.

Edited by moltar

My buddy's business partner runs a towing service. He has a brand new F-350 tow truck, all tricked out with chrome & some tasteful graphics, riding on what has to be custom-milled, polished alumium multi-spoke rims. Still the same factory 8-lug hubs, too. Tire size.... this is a tow truck, folks ... is 295/40-24.

My buddy's business partner runs a towing service. He has a brand new F-350 tow truck, all tricked out with chrome & some tasteful graphics, riding on what has to be custom-milled, polished alumium multi-spoke rims. Still the same factory 8-lug hubs, too. Tire size.... this is a tow truck, folks ... is 295/40-24.

That's big... I thought tow trucks and such usually seem to have small diameter wheels with huge tires...

Sure- a typical tire would be more in the range of 285/75-16 or -18. 24s with 40-series tires ???

Base '09 Corvette wears 40-series tires up front, 35-series in the RR.

I don't know about 40 series, but trucks of that type seem to have narrow tires w/ thick sidewalls.

Saw a couple oldies at lunch today--one of the last of the C-body land yachts--a tan '74-78 Chrysler Newport 4dr ht in good shape, and a beige '49 Chevy Fleetline (fastback) 2dr, beautiful condition...shocking to see a nearly 60yr old car in traffic.

'68 Firebird coupe, flat hood, rough & bondoed, overpriced @ $8K.

'67 GTO shell, frame-off, a dried-out husk that's 'going to be restored one day' :rolleyes:

'67-ish Dodge 4x4 pick-up, plow attached.

'64 Galaxie 500 convert, resto started.

'63-64 Riviera, minty green & very presentable, for sale.

The 2 moving vans from the Godfather I movie, still lettered up. Pretty big- bet a vintage Corvette would snuggle right up in the back. The one has a '54 Ford nose. For sale.

'53-56 Ford F-100, freshly painted & awaiting reassembly.

'39 Ford 1.5-ton dump truck with a Marmon-Herrington 4WD chassis. Ex- upstate NY plow truck, solid project. My brother bought it.

A billion injection-molded plastic boredom capsules.

A billion injection-molded plastic boredom capsules.

LOL

I like to spot when people tart up cars in retarded ways.

I saw a mid-90 Grand Prix sedan with 4 portholes on each side..... but wait! There's more.

It also had Regal GS wheels and a Buick stand up hood ornament...... who says Buicks aren't aspirational! :neenerneener: :neenerneener:

And in a disturbing way, a 2001ish Dodge Dakota who's grill was replaced by an early 80's Benz grill.

Buick Portholes are one of the first things I remember learning about on a car. My mother grew up in the 1950's, and I remember her telling me about what cool cars everyone thought they were and how stylish she thought "portholes" were.

Chris

Buick Portholes are one of the first things I remember learning about on a car. My mother grew up in the 1950's, and I remember her telling me about what cool cars everyone thought they were and how stylish she thought "portholes" were.

Chris

For some reason, when I see portholes now, I immediately think of Homer Simpson and 'speed holes'.

Two sightings today:

1) a '91/92 Firebird Formula in dark green metallic. It was in rough, but saveable, condition.

2) a '95 ish two door Tahoe with barn doors in black. Gorgeous condition - I considered giving pursuit. :AH-HA_wink:

This is just sooo sad. Last time I went to the salvage yard, I counted 12 decent repairable solid late 80's-early 90's F-bodies.

I like this bodystyle car...were the economy not in major, major trouble I would be working on one now.

Chris

This is just sooo sad. Last time I went to the salvage yard, I counted 12 decent repairable solid late 80's-early 90's F-bodies.

I like this bodystyle car...were the economy not in major, major trouble I would be working on one now.

Chris

...and the Formulas are quite rare (this one was an even more rare Formula 350). But it also looked to be a work in progress and the owner was not a youngster, so it may have a good future.

...on the downside, one of the cars in the yard was a GTA Firebird.

On the plus side, Dave Gill Pontiac (where I bought my previous S-10) has a pristine low mile 89 pace car on the sales floor.

God I love that bodystyle car. My friend Shawn had one (84TA) as a high school graduation present...we had so much fun and got into so much trouble in that car...

Maybe I ought to remember our antics in that 'bird when I get frustrated with my own teenage son.

Chris

'69 Pontiac Custom-S 2-dr hardtop, orange, black vinyl top, Rallye IIs, 350 badges.

Cool..on the way to the airport this afternoon, I saw a '65 Pontiac Le Mans 2dr ht, faded lt blue w/ some surface rust. Probably the original paint. Looked straight and solid.