trinacriabob

OCTUPLETS born to single mom in So. Cal.

64 posts in this topic

Someone at work comes by and says "Hey, did you hear about that lady who had octuplets?"

I asked where and they said "So Cal, around Whittier or Bellflower." I Googled this and saw that (1) she already had 6 kids, (2) she is a single mom, and (3) she had to have embryos implanted to pull this off. I read that the latter item on this list is considered very uncool among gynecologists when a family already has a certain number of kids. Unbelievable.

This woman has got to be a pimple on California's ass. Just think of the money to pay for the education, health care and possible incarceration of some of these kids downstream. And some people who want just ONE kid, have the income and set-up to raise that kid properly, and have fertility problems will NEVER have that ONE kid.

Edited by trinacriabob

Yes, I also read that she does this just because she is obsessed with having kids, she lives with her mom, and has no plans to marry.

Now, more than ever, this is poster is so appropriate:

vaginacar.jpg

Yes, I also read that she does this just because she is obsessed with having kids, she lives with her mom, and has no plans to marry.

Now, more than ever, this is poster is so appropriate:

vaginacar.jpg

I wondered whether the mom and/or dad are included in the picture.

You guys are pretty judgmental for not even knowing some of the basic information in the case. The woman wanted one last child, a little girl. It isn't her fault her janked-up fertility clinic used unethical medical procedures to make her pregnant with 8--especially since the 8th wasn't even known to exist until it slid out.

This woman is a victim of bad medical ethics, bad medical decision-making, and gross negligence.

Why would you want "just one more"? Isn't 6 enough? I mean, as I recall the oldest is only 7. You could always adopt if you wanted another down the road.

Of course, if she has plenty of funds to put these kids through good schools, and raise them so they have a shot at a good life as well, then whatever more power to her I guess. I should find the article to read it myself.

You guys are pretty judgmental for not even knowing some of the basic information in the case. The woman wanted one last child, a little girl. It isn't her fault her janked-up fertility clinic used unethical medical procedures to make her pregnant with 8--especially since the 8th wasn't even known to exist until it slid out.

This woman is a victim of bad medical ethics, bad medical decision-making, and gross negligence.

Guess it is Satty's turn to pick a case. :P

I talked about this with my girlfriend who happens to work with the vaginas all time, and she said that during artificial fertilization, the doctors have to put more than one egg to let it fertilize. It cannot be said that it was unethical or gross negligence. Human precision is far less than nature's therefore a factor of safety of 8 needs to be applied. Chances are sometimes all those 8 can click and then like the woman, people are screwed.

That picture of the Duggars is 4 kids (and one daughter-in-law) out-of-date. :P

Still, she started with six and had no husband, nor significant other, around. My parents were aiming for 3 and, after I was born, that wasn't possible. I guess I broke the mold.

This is the kinda stuff that raises red flags:

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

And her father used to work for Saddam Hussein. He's going back to be some kind of security guard over there. And the father of the kids is also working for the Iraqis.

Sounds like severe incompetence..she should have been sterilised after the first 6...a bit absurd to have such large litters today...maybe in third world countries or in ancient times people needed large families, but not in modern America.

Edited by moltar

Sounds like severe incompetence..she should have been sterilised after the first 6...a bit absurd to have such large litters today...maybe in third world countries or in ancient times people needed large families, but in modern America.

Which means you have not been to Cabin Creek, WV or Paint Creek Ky. Those people breed babies to live off tax money.

My parents were aiming for 3 and, after I was born, that wasn't possible. I guess I broke the mold.

Oh get behind me Satan! :smilewide:

Still, she started with six and had no husband, nor significant other, around. My parents were aiming for 3 and, after I was born, that wasn't possible. I guess I broke the mold.

So...you're saying a woman needs a husband/boyfriend/significant other in order to be able to raise a family?

Really, it is none of our business WHY she wanted to have one more girl. It isn't even relevant. But the fertility clinic is under fire out here for irresponsibly using fertility treatments with her, allowing her to have such a high-risk pregnancy, and not even determining the proper number of babies. Such negligence.

Didn't the doctors ask her to reduce her pregnancy after it was found that all the eggs "took"? This is a bizarre case.

So...you're saying a woman needs a husband/boyfriend/significant other in order to be able to raise a family?

I guess that's what I'm saying. Too much Catholic school...I think nuclear families are better.

Also, some of those docs will do anything for a buck...some of the comments by medical practitioners said it fairly clearly they thought this was beyond normal and ethical practice.

We can all guess that the QOL for those 14 kids won't be good.

I guess that's what I'm saying. Too much Catholic school...I think nuclear families are better.

Also, some of those docs will do anything for a buck...some of the comments by medical practitioners said it fairly clearly they thought this was beyond normal and ethical practice.

We can all guess that the QOL for those 14 kids won't be good.

Take responsiblility for your own views. I went to Catholic school, too, and I'm sitting over here scratching my head checking the calendar to verify it's 2009.

Oh Croc, dont you know by now that trina is just a grumpy, narrow minded tool who needs to get laid?

Which means you have not been to Cabin Creek, WV or Paint Creek Ky. Those people breed babies to live off tax money.

People on welfare should be sterilised after they have a couple of kids. They shouldn't be allowed to have huge litters; the world is overpopulated the way it is.

Take responsiblility for your own views. I went to Catholic school, too, and I'm sitting over here scratching my head checking the calendar to verify it's 2009.

I do take responsibility for my own views. The Catholic school comment is only about the humorous aspect of that experience. Judging from what I've seen happen with my friends, in the situations that were stable, things are better, and in the situations that were never stable, things are worse. The line in the sand is pretty obvious. I only knew of 2 really big families I grew up with in LA...they each had 9 kids...but the dads had corner offices in towers near Figueroa or Flower or Grand downtown. Still, they were essentially reduced to a more middle class existence because of all the kids rather than an upper middle class existence that they would have had with 2 or 3...but, hey, it's cool...they had the wherewithal.

Don't need to get laid, satty. Lower quality poon always offers and it's easy to turn down. Higher quality poon requires more maintenance and I don't have the time.

Moltie, right on, bring on the sterilization tools.

Don't need to get laid, satty. Lower quality poon always offers and it's easy to turn down. Higher quality poon requires more maintenance and I don't have the time.

I believe thats Chapter One in Sigmund Freud's Closet Talk.

I believe thats Chapter One in Sigmund Freud's Closet Talk.

I'll have to read it. Thanks.

To Croc's point.....I don't know this woman.....or why she wanted a 7th child.....

But just from what I've seen, if she indeed filed bankruptcy.....obviously finances are a concern of hers. I would think it highly irresponsible, given all the circumstances I've been made privy to in the news, etc., to even attempt to have another child.

I don't have a problem with a single mother......as long as she is self-supporting and can take care of herself and her children.

It just seems that someone in her position having so many children, much less attempting a seventh child, does smack of irresponsibility in today's times. Perhaps there are other factors and/or rationale that we don't know about......

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor