Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

It's About Time

53 posts in this topic

We finally found a trailer to haul the Jetta to my house so I can actually do something with it. After a $110 tow bill (I'm just happy they didn't charge me for having it sit there for over a month), we loaded it up and brought it home. I've been able to look it over and see what's good and what's not. The biggest thing, the engine looks good. The transmission looks fine, as well, but the gear indicator is saying it's in drive, no matter what you put it in, which prevents me from being able to start it up. Same with the cooling fans that are shoved inward. We disassembled it somewhat (with the help of a sawzall) and it doesn't look that bad up front besides, you know, the whole frame being bent. :P

jettaparts3.jpg

jettaparts2.jpg

jettaparts7.jpg

jettaparts8.jpg

jettaparts1.jpg

jettaparts5.jpg

jettaparts10.jpg

The interior is mostly just dirty and besides the driver-side door panel, A-pillar, and where the air bags blew, everything is good inside.

jettaparts14.jpg

jettaparts13.jpg

jettaparts15.jpg

It's last mile.

jettaparts12.jpg

After tearing it apart.

jettaparts16.jpg

jettaparts18.jpg

One blemish that wasn't from the wreck. I'm assuming it happened during towing/etc. They just had to dent the one door that was perfectly good... Bastards.

jettaparts6.jpg

Edited by blackviper8891

That'll buff right out. :)

+1

Want me to bring you some Turtle Wax or NuFinish? Your pick.

We disassembled it somewhat (with the help of a sawzall)

B-pillar delete?

Edited by Satty

The BlackViper Manor: Where cars come to die. :P

1st it was the Grand Am

Now it's a Mazda Millenia, G-body Cutty Coupe & VW Jetta.

The BlackViper Manor: Where cars come to die. :P

1st it was the Grand Am

Now it's a Mazda Millenia, G-body Cutty Coupe & VW Jetta.

I never thought of it that way but you bring up an eerie observation. :lol:

Speaking of the Cutlass, started it up tonight. It runs now... but like utter $h!. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

I thought of BV's cars on Thursday--was out driving and saw 4 Millenias, incl. a really sharp dark green one w/ some aftermarket rims--aluminum wheel lip w/ black spokes, tinted windows, sharp looking car.

There's two red Jettas just like BV's rolling around Berea.

There was a red Jetta like his at the shop but in worse shape (before the wreck).

There are still some old Grand Ams running around town here.

:huh:

:huh:

What, you haven't seen

before?

It only seemed appropriate as the last few posts were complete non sequitors.

:lol:

B-pillar delete?

:rotflmao:

BV, get yourself a UPS Account, and start E-baying that stuff out!

What, you haven't seen
before?

It only seemed appropriate as the last few posts were complete non sequitors.

Zombie EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cutlass runs though not as the factory intended. The rest dont. What does that tell everybody?

Just proves the old chestnut: a GM car will run badly longer than some cars run atall.

The Cutlass runs though not as the factory intended. The rest dont. What does that tell everybody?

Technically they all run not to factory standards. :P

A few comments...

How the heck could anybody sit in the back seat? Also, is it just me, or do those front brakes seem tiny?

What's the story with the Cutlass? I see a price on the window, and it seems to be broken. I just happen to have a stout 4 barrel 403 in the backyard fitted into a trashed '81 Cutty.

I loved the toitles non-sequitor.

Just proves the old chestnut: a GM car will run badly longer than some cars run atall.

Thats the truth. Every GM car I have ever parked was still running. Just not running well enough to get through NJ inspection. Or my personal inspection, for that matter.

A few comments...

How the heck could anybody sit in the back seat? Also, is it just me, or do those front brakes seem tiny?

What's the story with the Cutlass? I see a price on the window, and it seems to be broken. I just happen to have a stout 4 barrel 403 in the backyard fitted into a trashed '81 Cutty.

The back seat is tight for those who are, say, 6' tall with a 6' tall person riding directly up front, but otherwise it's fairly roomy for all the bigger these Jettas are. The brakes are adequate for the car's size, as well. These are only 174" long and weigh about 2600lbs, afterall.

The Cutlass is my former ride I used for about 8 months. You can probably find countless threads about it. Currently, the 307 is about as tired as they come and the carburetor is pretty much crap. Also is in need of an exhaust and minor things throughout. It's been sitting for sale since last May. While driving it, I had far too much trouble with it breaking down on me and more money was put into repairs than the actual cost of the vehicle. Haven't had many inquiries and obviously, it's still in our possession. By all means, feel free to take it off our hands. :P

DSCN4149.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0