Kia VG concept leaked

Intrepidation

kia-vg-580.jpg

So, what happens when you build a Kia based on the Azera's architecture? You get Kia's upcoming flagship sedan. The Kia VG concept has leaked onto the web and will debut at the Seoul Motor Show later this week. It's one of these concept-in-name-only deals, so look for the production version to hit South Korean showrooms in September, with a North American arrival in Spring, 2010. Power for the front-driver will range from the 2.4-liter four we'll be seeing a lot of in the coming months, to the 3.8-liter Lambda V6 in what's likely to be the range-topping torque-steer special. Looks nice, too. Kia's increasingly-formidable, value-priced lineup gets better with each new announcement. We've gone from the likes of the Sephia to this? Impressive. We'll have more on the VG once it makes its debut in Soul this week.

Autoblog

I am having a hard time comprehending how quickly the Korean manufacturers are improving. If it's really as simple as they seem to make it, then WHY is everyone else so "status quo"? Are these vehicle honestly as good as they appear?

Well... they can learn from the Detroit 3's mistakes and from Toyota's rise. If they keep themselves in check so they don't make many mistakes, they'll soon be contenders to the nr 1 spot.

Edited by ZL-1

Their perceived quality has improved by leaps and bounds. Statistically, their long-term quality seems to be improving as well. They're finally getting around to making decent looking cars now, too. One thing you have to factor in is that they were building some pretty bad cars just a few years ago, they they had nowhere to go but up.

Holy Lincoln MKS, batman...

Either way, my hat is off to Hyundai and Kia. They seem to be doing it best these days.

I read somewhere that they have been cherry picking Detroit's best designers for as few years now. Maybe that has something to do with it. Of course, we all know from firsthand experience that the best designers in the world can't accomplish $h! unless the rest of the company shares the same vision.

You have to applaud Kia and Hyundai for making affordable RWD cars. Perhaps GM should see if Kia/Hyundai will agree to enter a joint venture on a next-gen RWD platform, since they seem to have figured out how to build RWD cars profitably.

Isn't the Azera FWD?

It looks fine based on that one shot, but that isn't enough to make a final decision. Once pictures are released revealing every angle of the exterior and interior, then a final decision can be reached. I will say that if this car turns out to be as attractive as the Forte, then Kia might just have a hit on their hands with this car.

Holy Lincoln MKS, batman...

I see no Oldsmobile in that ferrin job, sir.

I read somewhere that they have been cherry picking Detroit's best designers for as few years now. Maybe that has something to do with it. Of course, we all know from firsthand experience that the best designers in the world can't accomplish $h! unless the rest of the company shares the same vision.

Nope, not quite. The head honcho of design for Kia jumped ship from Audi.

Yeah it looks JUST LIKE a MKS.

Yeah... It does... In fact, it looks even more similar to the concept.

2006_Lincoln_MKS_Concept_0015B15D.jpg

Don't like my opinion, don't read my posts.

Nope, not quite. The head honcho of design for Kia jumped ship from Audi.

So, they have one dude from Audi and that means they couldn't have possibly hired anyone from GM, Ford or Chrysler? (The article was from 2005-2006, that I remember)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM