Cory Wolfe

I Regret to Inform You

27 posts in this topic

I have officially beat on the Cobalt for the first time. The result: It squealed like a pig being butchered alive.

Details, man! Where were you, and what did you do?

I had a friend come up from Pittsburgh for the car show and showed him around the area... This includes some of the fabulous roads. Thus, the Cobalt got a workout.

I'll keep my opinions to myself, but I will say the tires are the noisiest things ever. There's no doubt that everyone within a few miles heard us doing that run on BR-PV road.

I should have made a bet with deftonesfan867, I would have won. :P

I had a friend come up from Pittsburgh for the car show and showed him around the area... This includes some of the fabulous roads. Thus, the Cobalt got a workout.

I'll keep my opinions to myself, but I will say the tires are the noisiest things ever. There's no doubt that everyone within a few miles heard us doing that run on BR-PV road.

Dump those Contis, BV, they are worthless....mine were more than toast before 30k.....

I have Sumitomos now, much better tire....

That's okay...I was really pissed and tool part of it out on my Balt....all I can say is that I'm glad I have the Sumis....

I felt bad so it got a good wash and cleaning the next day.... 8)

I have set of Continentals on the front of the Intrepid and don't like them at all. Lots of tire roar and the handling is a step down from the Eagles it had originally. If I ever get my car back they're being tossed for better tires (and wheels)

The Douglass Sport GT-Hs on the Firebird are worse, I'd bet. With the windows down, you can hear them whir speeding up and slowing down they're so loud.

I have set of Continentals on the front of the Intrepid and don't like them at all. Lots of tire roar and the handling is a step down from the Eagles it had originally. If I ever get my car back they're being tossed for better tires (and wheels)

Contis just suck in general..

Well I hope you have enough tread left to get your ass down to Carlisle this Saturday.:P

Crap tires will ruin the experience of driving any car.

I know the Conties that come with base Cobalts are garbage. My car has the 16" wheels with the Michelins, and I can fling it around 90* turns at 45mph with nary a peep from the tires. When GEICO rented me a base Cobalt while mine was in the body shop, I spun it around trying to do the same maneuver. The road noise couldn't be drowned out by the radio, and traction was nonexistant in the rain.

Spend the dough on better tires. You won't regret it.

Don't knock the car, knock the tires. Even on the stock Conties I've had the Cobalt tossed around with little drama.

I have officially beat on the Cobalt for the first time. The result: It squealed like a pig being butchered alive.

It's the tires. I doubt you were driving more aggressively than the professionals on the Nurburgring.

Yes. That being said: beating the crap out

of a car, be it a track-ready SCCA Porsche

911 turbo or your mom's Plymouth Voyager

means tire squeel.

I've attempted 1-g cornering in cars that

had no business trying, the result was

usually a lot of noise, much of it coming

form the tires!

Don't knock the car, knock the tires. Even on the stock Conties I've had the Cobalt tossed around with little drama.

Not on a base one...any drama I've had with the car (as long as no one fights around it) with with those damn cheap tires...

+1

Get a better set of tires.

You won't regret it.

Chris

Well I hope you have enough tread left to get your ass down to Carlisle this Saturday.:P

Send me a message on facebook, when you get a chance.

Was I knocking the car? No.

It could be a SS/TC and he would still complain :lol:

At the performance? No.

...This is aggravating. Consider this my leave of absence from C&G.

I'll be attending Carlisle this Saturday. If you would like to contact me, you can do so via AIM or Hotmail. My screen name is my usual 'blackviper8891'.

lol ragequit!

Get a better set of tires.

You won't regret it.

Chris

+1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor