Buick LaCrosse Sales Up!

buickguy

check out the sales figures on gm.com

LaCrosse sales way up. Also Terrazza sales. 

Saab sales are pretty sad.  Rendezvous sales outsold the entire Saab division, and people talk about killing Buick?

[post="51289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, that explains why I now see one or two a week rather than last year when I saw one or two a season if I was lucky :)

Keep in mind that the LaCrosse was just being introduced at this time last year.  If you look at some of the monthly sales figures earlier in the year, the LaCrosse is actually down on sales.

[post="51473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, that all depends... sales volume "industry wide" changes from season to season. Sure, LaCrosse may not sell as well in November as it did in June, but most cars don't. That's why it's important to look at year over year comparisons. The volume that the LaCrosse is selling at (retail, not fleet) is impressive and continues to beat the Century and Regal combined. So the LaCrosse is doing well despite certain people's negativity about the vehicle. I see it on the road and in parking lots quite frequently now. The LaCrosse looks classy.

I'd have to go back and double check this, but I think for NOV 05 the LaX outsold the Century/Regal AND LaX combined in NOV 04 . . . .

[post="51885"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

YEP! You are correct! Good catch! B)

Th only thing unfortunate about Buick's numbers is that GM didn't build enough LeSabres to keep sales up before the Lucerne became fully available nation wide. But it's great to see the Lucerne finally arriving at dealerships.

I wonder how many LaCrosse owners are going to trade in for a Lucerne. I hope to buy a used LaCrosse next summer or fall. Unfortunatly it seems that all used LaCrosse's right now are rental CXL's without steering wheel radio controls :angry: . Hopefully some fully loaded LaCrosse CXL's will be traded for the Lucerne.

Reporting from the street... Today while walking, with a friend to Tim Hortons, through a parking lot, a car jumped out at him...a beautiful top of the line Allure/LaCrosse. He is not a car guy at all and he voluntarilly made note how beautiful this car was. It was a greenish grey color with chrome wheels....it was very nice, I have to say. Made everything else around it look shockingly dull.

Is there some place where I can get just the retail sales numbers instead of total sales numbers?

[post="52065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't believe any of the manufacturers publicly report fleet sales separate from retail sales. I could be wrong though. I've only found fleet sales info referenced in journalist articles and press releases.

With the LaCrosse complementing the Lucerne, Buick should do just fine. They really are fine, classy automobiles, in the sense that a broad mainstream section of the market defines the term. And having the two of them together allows a mid-market buyer with, say, $30,000 to spend a real choice that will keep him/her at the Buick dealer. The Lucerne is a gorgeous - and as contemporary-looking as Nissan. The LaCrosse appeals to a design aesthetic that is more "nineties" - clean with round shapes. Some have noted the similarity to the Taurus. But before you dismiss that as a putdown, know that the Taurus was the choice of a million consumers as exactly what they thought a good-looking sedan should look like. Couple two of the newest designs in the industry with Buick's better-than-the-Japanese quality marks (for which Buick puts its money where its mouth is with a better warranty), and Buick is poised for a renaissance. All that's needed is effective marketing - unfortunately not something I've seen recently from Buick. (The ads introducing the LaCrosse were purposeless, and focused attention on a fashion model rather than the car. )

All that's needed is effective marketing.

[post="52235"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I disagree. The LaCrosse and even the Lucerne can benefit from some minor tweaks to make it really competitive. I'm sorry, but the Camry due out in a few months blows the LaCrosse out of the water--take a look at the interior, the available 268hp V6 + 6-speed auto, not to mention that the Camry is also known for it's quiet soft ride... That's more than enough competition for Buick. Oh yeah, and it has Nav for those who want it and a hybrid variant for those who care.

Buick needs to stop aiming for the passing grade of 65 and start leaping towards an A. The Lucerne is an EXCELLENT vehicle, which shows that Buick wasn't just looking for a good car, but a great car. The LaCrosse, albeit far superior to its predecessors, was still just average with the competition--competition that was to be replaced in a year or two with something even better.

That Camry interior looks alot like the Lacrosses.

[post="52900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Only higher grade, more attractively styled, etc., etc.....and that's just from the pics.

It would be nice IF the Buick had an interior even close to the one in those pics... B)

More attractively styled ? Looks like the same layout, what is it? the wood look on the steering wheel ? screens screens screens ? anybody watch the road anymore ? different color wood ? you prefer the little pattern there on the seats ? They still look like stupid buckets to me. Now if this was the Lacrosse someone was standing up for everybody would be saying , "but the toyota is older and has an upcomming update" so the Lacrosse interior is on its second year. Maybe next time they will copy this toyota interior exactly and then everyone can complain about that. But please keep up the good Toyota promo

Posted Image
Posted Image

hmm I guess the NAV makes the camry look better than the lacrosse. If the colors were the same and the camry didnt have nav I say they are both equal in looks :).

BTW: no one is tryin to promote toyota here...seeing as how we are all are buick fans or otherwise we wouldnt be in this forum. Edited by zoomtm

Am I the only one who prefers the LaCrosses interior to the Camrys?

The color wood they use is ridiculous and there is absolutely no style where the shifter is. Maybe it's just me but I think the Camry looks gaudy.

[post="53102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Put me in that camp, though with the changes I described above.

The shifter here and in the Avalon look very unsubstantial and 'spindly' I suppose would be the word. I also don't like gated shifters as I believe the only 'gate' a shifter should have would be a full manual layout.

Oh yea, and the gauges look way better than that on the LaCrosse, we have one and it screams class, that Camry already looks less sophisticated. I don't know exactly where people are getting more class from the camry aside from the obvious Nav Screen... so what, the Nav screen isn't the make-all or break-all point for most buyers... not that the LaCrosse shouldn't get one, it's just that most Camry's will not have a nav screen. Picture it without it. I honestly think the time put into the quality of Buick and the style is a lot more classier. I would say the interior of the Camry is much better than the Impala but not the LaCrosse, I still dont see it, especially in 2 poorly shot pictures.

More attractively styled ? Looks like the same layout, what is it? the wood look on the steering wheel ? screens screens screens ? anybody watch the road anymore ? different color wood ? you prefer the little pattern there on the seats ? They still look like stupid buckets to me.

Now if this was the Lacrosse someone was standing up for everybody would be saying , "but the toyota is older and has an upcomming update" so the Lacrosse interior is on its second year. Maybe next time they will copy this toyota interior exactly and then everyone can complain about that.

But please keep up the good Toyota promo

[post="53043"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Razor, your comments/attitude regarding the current LaCrosse's interior compared to this new Camry's interior is the same kind of thinking and misunderstanding of the market that has kept GM management/designers/product planners from executing at the same level as most of the imports (or even Ford and DCX.)

Lucerne is executed much better than LaCrosse....and yet, even so, we should have had that interior in the LeSabre or Park Avenue 5 YEARS ago.........WITH a navigation system and Harmon-Kardon....I might add....

I get frustrated because, even today, so many people at General Motors.....JUST....DON'T.....GET IT......

BTW: no one is tryin to promote toyota here...seeing as how we are all are buick fans or otherwise we wouldnt be in this forum.

I know, I just wanted to make sure :) I am sorry actually, Im getting so edgy with all the complaining and nit picking about everything. No one ever wants to say anything nice about a GM or positive. Seems like everyone searches real hard for something thats not just how they would like it and then its all over for the cars. Kinda makes it seem like GM should just give up now because no one is happy with anything and most likely wont be, regardless of what is done. If its not exactly like something Japanese or BMW it sucks, but then if its to close to being like something Japanese or BMW - it sucks ! Well its just making me crazy. This interior is a good example, especially since you posted pic side by side and now say , hmm ? Helped me to, because I was just going from memory. The Lacrosse is better in my eyes, no doubt. I do not like the Lacrosses hard plastic door panels, but that seems to be how we are going to do door panels now. I prefer the panel on my old Regency or Lesabre Limited.

NAV scares me, I cant believe Im on the road driving with so many others that seem clueless as to where they are or how to get to where they are going. I dont have that problem, dont want to pay for gidgit, gadgets. Dont what to drive on the road with people that are going to be fixating on some screen in their dash board. I want to be on the road with people that are looking forward and to the sides and reading the road signs. I want to drive on the road with people that have a good visual picture of where they are going and can get there using the tools and common sense they were born with.

Map useage and geographical sense should be a large part of driver testing. Like 25% if not 33%.

Razor, your comments/attitude regarding the current LaCrosse's interior compared to this new Camry's interior is the same kind of thinking and misunderstanding of the market that has kept GM management/designers/product planners from executing at the same level as most of the imports (or even Ford and DCX.)

First, thats somewhat of an opinionated subject. I feel the interior in my LSS is second to none. I could find things I would do differently but Olds did a good job on this car and it works perfect for this car. It is part of the LSS, it is the LSS interior, I can deal with that, I could not deal with my LSS having a Mercedes interior. Incidently, my Mercedes driving sister and brotherinlaw were really really impressed with the LSS and began talking new (nother) car shortly after. They did, they got a second Mercedes. Their son (16) however has recently bought a 68 Toronado for his first car. Hmm ? gotta make you wonder ?
Second, from the reading of todays posting on the Camry/Lacrosse interior, Id say the jury is still out and thats being nice, in reality it seems the Lacrosse won.

I do know there is problems with decision makers at GM but the Lacrosse shows thought and effort and I frankly just like the thing. I also know how GM faultered trying to keep the "old" gotta be large, RWD V8 crowd happy while the Japs perfected the small economical ride. However I believe that since GM began producing the H/C & E/W's with the Buick V6 (not Chevy) that they closed this gap and got on line with the proper direction to pursue. Steady and continous improvement on these great cars took place through the 80's & 90's, into the G body's that are said to be even better. Now we are into even more improvements in the areas that everyone has been complaining about, but somehow that still hasnt stopped the complaining.

Ya know they can get everything perfect. 3 more HP than the rest, 2 more MPG, a 8 speed tranny, the finest softest virgin pleather, hand fitted and sculpted, 26" wheels with tires no thicker than a pin head, windows that go up and down in .589 second, HUD NAV, voice activated cruise control & NAV, satelite TV screens at all four corners of the interior, seeing eye auto NAV so you dont need to miss the soaps while trying to find that new restaurant around the corner for lunch and you guys would pop the trunk and start complaining about the trunk carpet :lol:

Ya know what I mean ? B)

:( THE LACROSSE DOES NOT HAVE HARD PLASTIC DOOR PANELS!!! I don't want to hear anybody say that again! I rented a LaCrosse and put 1,500 miles on it. I felt and examined every part of the interior....I'm very, very picky. I've owned nothing but GM and have been in many other GM cars. I can tell you, without any doubt, that the LaCrosse interior is one of the best GM has ever made...if not the best period. And yes, I personally think it's light years above ANY Olds, Buick, or Cadillac made prior to it. Edited by BuickEight

:( THE LACROSSE DOES NOT HAVE HARD PLASTIC DOOR PANELS!!! 

[post="53368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What are they then ? Im not being sarcastic, it was a year ago. I thought they were pretty much hard formed plastic. They surely werent padded and upholstered. The upper area, below the window.

The LaCrosse interior may be better than the Regal/Century's, but it falls short of what it should be. It's entirely appropriate for a rental car, and there's nothing about it that feels upmarket in the design, quality of materials, or overall ambience in the cabin. The interior of the new Camry looks good, but it probably suffers some of the shortcomings that the new Avalon has, i.e. having an appearance of higher quality than it actually is.

What are they then ? Im not being sarcastic, it was a year ago. I thought they were pretty much hard formed plastic. They surely werent padded and upholstered. The upper area, below the window.

[post="53455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The upper and lower is in fact padded like the dash is padded, but not quite as much.

The LaCrosse interior may be better than the Regal/Century's, but it falls short of what it should be.  It's entirely appropriate for a rental car, and there's nothing about it that feels upmarket in the design, quality of materials, or overall ambience in the cabin.

The interior of the new Camry looks good, but it probably suffers some of the shortcomings that the new Avalon has, i.e. having an appearance of higher quality than it actually is.

[post="53483"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Appropriate for a rental car? Are you nuts? :rolleyes: I'm so sick of people talking out their ass. :rolleyes:

The upper and lower is in fact padded like the dash is padded, but not quite as much.

[post="53894"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ill have to go look again, thats not what I remember.

I too am sick of everyone and all their BS, crying like a bunch of ninnys over anything and everything they can pick apart.

Ill have to go look again, thats not what I remember.

I too am sick of everyone and all their BS, crying like a bunch of ninnys over anything and everything they can pick apart.

[post="54060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We own a LaCrosse and I actually just stepped out of it less than a couple moments ago. The only "hard" plastic in the whole car that I noticed (I was driving so I may be wrong) was behind the doorhandle. Everything else was a soft semi-malible plastic... true Razor, it's not stitched and cushioned like my Regal, but it isn't hard plastic either so Buickeight is also correct.

The fact is the material used is quality material. Overall the quality trumps the Regal and honestly- who really cares whether that specific area is cushioned or not? It gives a car a certain feel but so does what the LaCrosse did and both are good. Edited by Cananopie

We own a LaCrosse and I actually just stepped out of it less than a couple moments ago. The only "hard" plastic in the whole car that I noticed (I was driving so I may be wrong) was behind the doorhandle. Everything else was a soft semi-malible plastic... true Razor, it's not stitched and cushioned like my Regal, but it isn't hard plastic either so Buickeight is also correct.

The fact is the material used is quality material. Overall the quality trumps the Regal and honestly- who really cares whether that specific area is cushioned or not? It gives a car a certain feel but so does what the LaCrosse did and both are good.

[post="54091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One needs to realize that Buick is in fact upscale, and they rarely use any hard plastic. My GP on the other hand :rolleyes: , cheap Wal-Mart plastic everywhere. I had a '98 Century that had a far better quality interior. I was surprised at how Buick went to the extent of applying a thin "soft-feel" coating on plastic surfaces such as the window switch bezels. One of the many reasons why I'll probably never buy another Pontiac, but I will buy another Buick.

Appropriate for a rental car?  Are you nuts? :rolleyes: I'm so sick of people talking out their ass. :rolleyes:

[post="53898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You know, last month I was thinking about buying a LaCrosse because of the deals, but I could not make myself like the car enough. The dealers having only stripped CX models or loaded CXS models did not help. But what finally killed the thought of getting a LaCrosse is knowing that a Lucerne will be only a few thousand dollars more for what is a significantly more substantial car. I'll say it again, the LaCrosse interior is uninspiring, and GM enthusiasts need to have higher expectations for the brand, and not just settle for what is being offered. The LaCrosse is by no means a bad car, but GM is capable of so much more.

I'll say it again, the LaCrosse interior is uninspiring, and GM enthusiasts need to have higher expectations for the brand, and not just settle for what is being offered.  The LaCrosse is by no means a bad car, but GM is capable of so much more.

[post="54375"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Id be willing to bet that is your opinion based on the way the layout is styled and its not your taste. Because of how they made it kinda flat. So if it was more like another car you would then like it ?

I don't have a problem with flat dashes at all. I just really hate that fake wood and the eyesore center stack. The doors are plain, and the fake wood on them looks bad too. I do like the instrumentation, but overall, there's little that feels aspirational about the interior. In contrast, the Lucerne doesn't have a great center stack either, but everything else is integrated very well. I assume that the LaCrosse got stuck in that transition to the vastly improved interiors that GM promises to provide.

SO you dont like wood ? Because as for fake.....except for Mercedes and Jag wood was always fake. Not sure about the new rice cars everyone loves, maybe they are using real wood now ? At any rate I know a bit about wood and the wood in the Lacrosse looks like it should. Walnut I believe but Id have to see it again, its been a year. I actually found the gauges were nothing special but I liked the total package because it was different. Do you want all center stacks to be the same ?

I'm ok with fake wood in general.  GM has done a decent job with it in many cars.  I just don't think that the designers applied it very well in the LaCrosse.  Other people may like the interior, and that's fine.

[post="55022"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I suppose this really must be a compliment to Buick. I would never picture someone like you to even consider a Camry. So for someone like you to consider & drive a LaCrosse means a good step in the right direction. This LaCrosse will have a short life. Next Gen should debut at an Auto show in about 2-2 1/2 years.

I like the wood look inside of cars. It warms up the interior. I'm really growing weary of the brushed metal look that's so popular right now. Makes the interior look cold and unfinished to me. And I'm also getting tired of gray tones. I like some color to liven things up. Of course, I'm an old guy and it seems like only yesterday that I was cleaning lint out of the button depressions in the velvety upholstery of my Olds 98 Regency :P

SO you dont like wood ? Because as for fake.....except for Mercedes and Jag wood was always fake. Not sure about the new rice cars everyone loves, maybe they are using real wood now ?

[post="55019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think Infiniti makes the best genuine wood interiors, right now. I'm in love with the Rosewood in found in the M, etc. As for fake wood, it should never be found inside a Buick. Edited by titan

Speaking of LaCrosse, The wood's the most atrocious fake "wood" I've ever seen in ANY car. Check out the Cadillac/Escalade/New Photos thread to see how GM can do an excellent application of woodgrain trim (and I believe it's fake in the new Escalade.) Now, yes....I know the Cadillac is more "upscale" and more expensive, but it doesn't cost that much more to put a higher grade of woodgrain trim inside the vehicle. Hell, even the Lucerne has a nicer quality woodgrain trim. It's all about doing it RIGHT, Buick....