My House is coming along

lakefire

Cool. Congrats. I'm jelaous. :)

Excellent looking home! You must be excited to get in there and start enjoying it! Oh, and Lakefire, don't you worry... My first (matrimonial) home had a 5-car garage, it didn't help our marriage at all!! LOL

Edited by staceface

Damn, Lakefire.... you just put all my family's houses to shame, most of which are not first ones. I need to get a pic of my parent's first home for comparison... a trailer. :D Their second and current home is a 150 year old 2 story, complete with a 10 x 10 kitchen, a 9 x 6 bathroom (should be 10, but the walls are severely uneven), a 16 x 16 dining room, a 28 x 14 living/family room (current location of my PC), one 13 x 8 bedroom (mine), one 10 x 8 bedroom (my den), two 14 x 10 bedrooms. Plus a basement. Outside a (barely) 2 car garage (not used for... cars). Such a big house...

Ahh... the memories that were had in that trailer, though. I wasn't born in it, but I remember living in it. Being that my mom was 18 and living in her parent's house when I was born... Damn... is that what you would call "white trash?" :unsure::P

Damn, Lakefire.... you just put all my family's houses to shame, most of which are not first ones. I need to get a pic of my parent's first home for comparison... a trailer. :D Their second and current home is a 150 year old 2 story, complete with a 10 x 10 kitchen, a 9 x 6 bathroom (should be 10, but the walls are severely uneven), a 16 x 16 dining room, a 28 x 14 living/family room (current location of my PC), one 13 x 8 bedroom (mine), one 10 x 8 bedroom (my den), two 14 x 10 bedrooms. Plus a basement. Outside a (barely) 2 car garage (not used for... cars). Such a big house...

Ahh... the memories that were had in that trailer, though. I wasn't born in it, but I remember living in it. Being that my mom was 18 and living in her parent's house when I was born... Damn... is that what you would call "white trash?" :unsure::P

hey we all come from different backrounds $h! happens to people that looks bad i try not to judge.......

but admittedly it does sound white-trashy

hey we all come from different backrounds $h! happens to people that looks bad i try not to judge......

Agreed. I've always felt that it's a person's attitude, not their situation in life, that defines them as trashy or not.

I'd love to be able to afford to build a house just the way I want it. Sometime in the future, knock on wood. Looks great, lakefire.

This place is coming along, slowly. I still have work to do downstairs in the family room. I had my new entry door put in on the 23rd, and today I bought new shutters for the front of the house and a new exterior light fixture for over the new door.

The house looks great so far, especially for a first house.

The reason for the lack of windows on the side of the first floor could be that there will be another house built next door, and its just creepy to be able to look out your window into your neighbors. Around here the lots are so small, and the houses are so close together that windows on the sides would get you a sweet view of the bricks next door and not offer much in the way of lighting.

Edited by Satty

Also, you don't have to go upstairs to get busy.  Neighbors can't see what position you're in.

If I ever build a house instead of buying one that is already standing, I am going to say "no windows, only skylights" for that very reason. 'blu you are brilliant.

THanks for the compliments. About the windows it does seem like there isn't enough on the sides. But there is a window for each room so I am not too concerned about there not being enough windows. Also that is less blinds I will have to purchase when I move into the house. I would actually prefer not to have windows on all sides in the living room because I want to put the TV somewhere.

I've added some pictures today from the inside. Not a lot to see but in a few weeks we should have the dry wall up and start to really feel like a house.

The house looks great so far, especially for a first house.

The reason for the lack of windows on the side of the first floor could be that there will be another house built next door, and its just creepy to be able to look out your window into your neighbors.  Around here the lots are so small, and the houses are so close together that windows on the sides would get you a sweet view of the bricks next door and not offer much in the way of lighting.

If I ever build a house instead of buying one that is already standing, I am going to say "no windows, only skylights" for that very reason.  'blu you are brilliant.

Umm... shades? Blinds?

Doesn't have the same "I wonder what they're doing in there" effect.

You're right on that, it can have a more interesting effect--where you could be making shadow puppets behind the shades and the neighbors could try to come up with the story. Whereas no window, people would just say, "God, how could they have no windows? Don't they need daylight!?" :lol:

Awsome first house Eric, My folks first house was tiny by comparison and they probably ended up paying more for it because land value up here in the north east corner of the country are so obsurdly high that you can pay half a million dollars for a house and it wont get you more than a ranch house with a few small bedrroms and 1.5 bathrooms and maybe a one car garage. Since then we have managed to move up a little bit, 3 houses later for my parents we have moved from long island to westport CT, and we have an 8 bedroom 5.5 bath 2 kitchen 4 living room house that is valued close to 3 mil. We have lived here for 14 years and now with me moving out when I finish college in 2 years, my grandfather having passed on and my brother divorced so my ex sister in law will be moving out we are ready to downsize. Hopefully when we sell and move to a cheaper part of connecticut we wil end up with a decent amount of money left over so my gimpy dad (he has MS) can finally retire.

Anywho great house Eric now trade in that Dakota and get a GM in that garage.