Drew Dowdell

This Just In: 2010 GMC Terrain FWD SLE-2

58 posts in this topic

Interactive Review:

2010 GMC Terrain FWD SLE-2

163_0904_03z%2B2010_GMC_terrain%2Bfront.jpg

Stock photo used

I just received a GMC Terrain I4 FWD SLE-2 to evaluate. We're going to do something a little different this time. I'm still going to write the standard review, but I will post it during the evaluation period. This will give you guys the chance to ask questions and ask for photographs of specific areas of the vehicle. So fire away so I can take notes on any questions you have about the vehicle. You have till Monday, December 28th to get your questions in before I turn in the vehicle.

I would really like to see some night time interior shots as others have said. Also, this is kind of weird but if you could get a video of the turn-signal operation/brakes or the exterior light clusters in general I would really appreciate it. Can't wait to see what you think of the I-4 especially the fuel mileage since I keep hearing the Equinox's fuel mileage isn't anywhere near the EPA's claim...

Well, in the 20 miles I've been lead footing it around town in 50/50 ECO Mode/Not Eco-Mode, I'm getting 22 city.

Also, I don't think anyone will have to be worried about the I4 in the Buick Lacrosse. It's no speed demon, but it's got spunk.

Other than likely acceleration differences between the V6 and 4, does it drive sufficiently differently from the Equinox that was recently tested?

Other than likely acceleration differences between the V6 and 4, does it drive sufficiently differently from the Equinox that was recently tested?

Steering is noticeably different particularly at low speeds. Much lighter steering in parking maneuvers, at city speeds and above steering feels slightly sportier, faster to respond.

Since the belt line is so high is the visibility any worse than the Equinox?

I don't know that the belt line is any different than the Equinox. Once you're inside, visibility seems the same.

Also, I don't think anyone will have to be worried about the I4 in the Buick Lacrosse. It's no speed demon, but it's got spunk.

Out of curiosity (and laziness, LOL) How do vehicle weights compare between the Terrain and the LaCrosse?

Terrain I4 FWD 3867

Equinox V6 FWD 3928

LaCrosse V6 FWD 3929

So again, no the I4 Lacrosse isn't going to be a speed demon, but it'll still feel decent around town.

Pretty light for their size, even compared to other unibody CUVs.

Well, in the 20 miles I've been lead footing it around town in 50/50 ECO Mode/Not Eco-Mode, I'm getting 22 city.

I'd be curious to know the engine rpm at 70 mph in 6th

Can you take & post some pics with the 2nd row seats folded? Like to see if they fold flat.

Can you take & post some pics with the 2nd row seats folded? Like to see if they fold flat.

They are identical to the Chevrolet Equinox. They do not fold completely level, but they are flat.

These are from the Equinox LTZ

gallery_51_9_48492.png

My only suggestion would be some good driveline pictures, so we can see how hard to showhorn a ls3 will be. Normal car rags barely take a photo of the top of the engine with the cover on.

My only suggestion would be some good driveline pictures, so we can see how hard to showhorn a ls3 will be. Normal car rags barely take a photo of the top of the engine with the cover on.

The 3.6 fit in the Vue... so the 5.3 should fit.

How are the headlights for night driving? They look like they'd be awesome, but I've been fooled before.

They seem great. Leagues better than my CR-V daily driver. The fogs seem especially bright.

They seem great. Leagues better than my CR-V daily driver. The fogs seem especially bright.

That's awesome -- I love having lots of light in front of a vehicle. :)

That's awesome -- I love having lots of light in front of a vehicle. :)

I'll see if I can to a headlight comparison shot with the 2004 CR-V

I would really like to see some night time interior shots as others have said. Also, this is kind of weird but if you could get a video of the turn-signal operation/brakes or the exterior light clusters in general I would really appreciate it. Can't wait to see what you think of the I-4 especially the fuel mileage since I keep hearing the Equinox's fuel mileage isn't anywhere near the EPA's claim...

Aren't Interactive Reviews great?!

This what you were looking for?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead