Merry Christmas...Happy Hannukah...or Happy Holidays!

Wow, Christmas is about a day away. Getting ready to go home from work in about 1 hour. Tomorrow will be a casual dress day and I'm sure very little will be accomplished. I'm going to a concert at my friend's church in the evening and then to Midnight Mass since it will only be a few hours after that.

Except for being invited to Christmas dinner, I have no travel plans. I'm not able to go up north since I didn't buy air tickets far enough in advance. Regardless, all is well.

What are people doing over the holidays? Happy holidays!

• Agree 1

Thanks Robert. One thing different this year, Xmas Eve at mom's instead of Xmas morning. We're supposed to get freezing rain here on Xmas morning, hence her changeup invite. Xmas Day will be spent at various relatives' homes.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Happy Universal, Non-Denominational, Inoffensive, Generic Time of Happiness, Reflection, and Celebration.

J/k. Merry Christmass all. No travel plans or anything like that. Just trying to celebrate the relationships and friendships that are going strong while holding out hope that the ones that are in peril somehow mend. Oh and it's my last Christmas as a tenant - this time next year I should be settled in my new place.

• Agree 2

I miss my Christmas. The wife and our boys and I are at the in-laws in Calgary for the holidays and it's the same stress for the same reasons. How I would love to be at home, sitting with my wife next to the lit tree, sipping warm cider and watching one of many of my favorite traditional Christmas shows... nope, instead we end up here, keeping each other from snapping at her OCD suffering, eccentric, over-bearing mother. We remind each other that it's Christmas; that we're happy to be here for every one else in the family.

On a good note, my brother just had a baby boy on the 23rd, the same birth date as my eldest sister. My wife celebrated her birthday today, the 24th. The future holiday weeks are going to be extremely fun in our family.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have and excellent start to the new year!

Edited by ShadowDog

I miss my Christmas. The wife and our boys and I are at the in-laws in Calgary for the holidays and it's the same stress for the same reasons. How I would love to be at home, sitting with my wife next to the lit tree, sipping warm cider and watching one of many of my favorite traditional Christmas shows... nope, instead we end up here, keeping each other from snapping at her OCD suffering, eccentric, over-bearing mother. We remind each other that it's Christmas; that we're happy to be here for every one else in the family.

On a good note, my brother just had a baby boy on the 23rd, the same birth date as my eldest sister. My wife celebrated her birthday today, the 24th. The future holiday weeks are going to be extremely fun in our family.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have and excellent start to the new year!

I'm sorry your Christmas is so stressful. I've been there / done that. It will get better as you get older and they start to realize you are adults worthy of the same respect and consideration they give their friends.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm trying to find all the positives in this holiday season; thankfully, my wife and kids bring me that joy. Man, my mother-in-law could suck the life out of a corpse. LOL Dinner was good; that is, what I could cram down my throat just as our 6-month old woke up with teething pains. The joys of parenting will get better, I know.

It truly is a Merry Christmas none-the-less. I hope you all are having a great holiday!

Merry belated Christmas everyone. I spent it snowed in with relatives and digging out from 15 inches of snow.

17043_711521183850_16904062_42024610_7995725_n.jpg

17043_711521263690_16904062_42024624_5597384_n.jpg

Nice pictures, Mustang.

I miss having my car covered in snow every now and then.

Also, that's a cool eclectic "Romanesque - whatever else" building in the background in a brick color more typical of the Midwest than the East. A school or civic building?

Me, I just got back from Lake Tahoe this afternoon, instead of this evening. I took advantage of the fact that the pass over the summit was free of snow. So did a lot of other people!

Nice pictures, Mustang.

I miss having my car covered in snow every now and then.

Also, that's a cool eclectic "Romanesque - whatever else" building in the background in a brick color more typical of the Midwest than the East. A school or civic building?

Me, I just got back from Lake Tahoe this afternoon, instead of this evening. I took advantage of the fact that the pass over the summit was free of snow. So did a lot of other people!

It's a county courthouse built in 1892 of Indiana limestone. It used to have a massive clock tower on the top prior to 1899, but the weight was causing damage to the roof and they dismantled it.

on_fire.jpg

The red building on the corner is one of my favorites as far as our collection of 1870s-1890s Romanesque architecture goes.

p1070165wc.jpg

Edited by mustang84