Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caddycruiser

I need a storage garage in SE PA...hmm...for...

211 posts in this topic

...a new car and some odds & ends for it. Gosh I'm good at having all new plans when I haven't even figured out the current :AH-HA:

Not locked in stone yet, but from a few cryptic notes I've made, my G8 that's seeing more and more miles soon will have a friend if all clicks through. Can't say what yet, but familiar. And, well, essentially new.

"It" currently lives in Bethlehem, PA with a retired guy I met over the summer up there & all my travels. To that extent, and because this was spurred by a deal of the millennium I never expected & had to jump on, planning still to move to the Philly/NE area as soon as possible, and just not having room, etc. where I live now--I want to keep it in PA and figure it out from there. Between the car and some big parts to go with, it makes everything that much easier too.

Beyond Craigslist (been browsing) for a private or other garage/warehouse space I can trust, or one of the typical "centers" of nothing but garage doors & storage galore, a big part of it means I have to figure out a place where to put it all & how much it'll cost me, as we work on the deal...any of you NE PA'ers have wild suggestions for a good car & parts keeping spot? Got a big garage yourself, heehee? Or do you just want to know what it is? Help me find the right place & maybe you can borrow it once in a while... :booyah:

Edited by caddycruiser

I know of a barn in south eastern PA that recently had a few spaces open up.

I know of a barn in south eastern PA that recently had a few spaces open up.

Hmm... :AH-HA:

That's a consideration. I'd pay decently...and it'd get a good guard...

I'm guessing a B-body.

No...move up a decade and a half or so...maybe in years to come I'll pick up another one of those (or Roger's when he moves on?), but that's not it.

New. So new it has miles but half of what my G8 does, and so forth. Crazy deal from a crazy guy, but he's a lot like me when it comes to his cars and what he does with them, so like minds think alike. It being in SE PA was just a sign, if there ever was one, about the future...or at least a nice keeping spot. A lot of stuff to go with it that'll take some space but not an extreme amount.

Home, it needs a home, and a good one. Then I'll "figure it out" as time goes on, after paperwork and such, if all goes through.

Edited by caddycruiser

Now is that a decade and a half older or newer I wonder? I'm thinking CTS DI...

Now is that a decade and a half older or newer I wonder? I'm thinking CTS DI...

Essentially new, so, yeah, the year(s) should be self explanatory. That's NOT it though...but I LIKE the guesses! :confused0071:

Hope I can find the right home...I don't want to have to do a storage compound joint...but some place I can get to whenever I want, not worry about crime or just sticky fingers by other people around the space, and also not be paying out the nose...also be able to swap car #1 for car #2 at any given time, whenever I feel like it, just want to spread the miles, or whatever, until I move and so on in time to come.

Good thing we have such a high SE PA & NJ grouping on here...should be a big help here.

Edited by caddycruiser

If it's rear drive, that leaves the GTO ... otherwise, it's an Eps car, probably a G6, maybe a Malibu.

Edited by whiteknight

G8 GXP?

G3? Solstice?

Nice guesses guys, but I don't think anyone has it yet...or do they...?

Hoping everything works out, click, click, click. I have a "vision" for this one, that just makes me happy, and I won't accept a derailing :AH-HA:

Hmm, Let me know if the deal goes through. I may be able to help.

No promises.

Hmm, Let me know if the deal goes through. I may be able to help.

No promises.

Sounds good. Hope to have a few options or suggestions, from some who live in the area or that I just find myself.

Will need clean space for a car, about 2 full sets of extra wheel/tire combos, an exhaust system, and not much else.

I have a bay open, but I'm not close enough for 'daily swapping'- a solid 50-minutes from New Hope alone.

caddycruiser's moving to New Hope?:mellow:

Just tossing a 'crow-flys' PA town out there for reference ...

caddycruiser's moving to New Hope?:mellow:

No...at least not that I know of :AH-HA:

Just tossing a 'crow-flys' PA town out there for reference ...

Yes. Appreciated :AH-HA:

I have some logistics to sort out, but keeping whatever it is right in PA after sorting out registration, etc. is easiest of all.

Edited by caddycruiser

Quick update to this. The potential deal on the "holy $h!, how is this even possible?!?" vehicle I first was talking about didn't go through, which stinks, but oh well. Now it's just time to shop otherwise :AH-HA:

Looking at my odometer, not to mention almost crashing today in bad weather, the G8 just needs a second friend period. All over the map right now, but considering a few things. Some impractical but cool. Others practical, stylish, etc. Just not sure.

Today was going to be a northbound shopping trip to the Philly suburbs & Jersey, but I made it 20 miles, got behind a salt truck & more snow, and came back home. I'll let everyone know what the #1 was eventually...

...have some shopping to do. Any new/newer GM suggestions, ey, that would be a great 2nd beside a G8 GT guys? Up for other ideas, of EVERY shape, size & kind :smilewide:

For the winters, maybe a clean used 4x4 Trailblazer or Envoy? Get the traction plus the practicality of an SUV.

Terrain SLE1 AWD 4 cylinder.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room