Religious holidays this week - will you be traveling/doing anything?

This will be a short work week, as I am taking Friday off to make it a 3-day Easter weekend and flying out of town. Friday will mean some good fish for lunch and dinner (maybe salmon and halibut) and Easter Sunday ought to bring a good brunch buffet.

Today is Passover. I asked one of my co-workers if he was celebrating the Seder meal, but he told me he was not observant. I would like to get invited to one someday to experience it.

Are you doing anything to celebrate this week's religious holidays? Resting? Traveling somewhere?

Ukrainian-Catholic and the church holds a big dinner a week after Easter... so I'll go to that. Other than that my "holy week" has been a holy PITA. A couple big papers due in the coming weeks.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Here in NYC during the week, then flying down to Miami. Albert is flying down and meeting me at the airport. Then we're going to spend a long weekend at my parents place and tell them we're getting married.

Nothing really to do with religion, though we'll probably have an easterish dinner on sunday.

Saturday morning I have an appointment to get the oil changed in the Cobalt at a local dealer and I might order the truck I spec'd out there last Saturday. Then Sat night, Dad's side of the family is taking me out for dinner. Sunday, I'm going to Dad's for Easter Dinner (it will only be me, Dad and Stepmom this year, bro is on wifey's leash and must go to Wilmington. :/ )

The weather forecast is utterly fantastic through at least Sunday, and I am so ready for it, despite this stupid sinus situation that's been dragging on.

Friday: Good Friday service @ church and probably out to dinner withh friends afterwards

Saturday: 50 mile bike ride and bowling @ night

Sunday: unplanned as of now other than the fact that it will be with family

In between all that, I'll probaly be putting together two TV stands, bringing the rest of my stuff to my house, setting up the networking in the house, vacuuming up the rainweater from my parents basement, and washing the car.

So today is the day we celebrate Jesus coming back from the dead (in a totally non-zombie way) by giving children baskets full of candy and attributing them to a large, anthropomorphic rodent with whom the kids can have their picture taken at the mall, and eating ham.

It almost sounds laughable when I say it.