Holy rare!

Linkypoo

selling a 1982 AMC Eagle 4x4 92,000 original miles, 200,000 miles on rebuilt engine, new clutch, pressure point, new brakes, new front axle, new intake and carb., runs great asking $800 if interested call

3kf3mc3p75z35p15r4a4de4.jpg

3m33o63l95w35u45p1a4db2.jpg

3k23md3p95o45t45w6a4d0a.jpg

I dont think I've ever seen a 2-door one of these in person.

Scrap by me is up 50% from a year ago (steel/iron: $6/100 > $9/100).

Not sure what it was at the peak- I started on the downside of the curve ('09).

I would welcome seeing one or 2 of these on the road- been a long long time. Not that I have a soft spot for them- I don't, but they are rare now.

Theres nothing wrong with these Eagles. Compared with other cars, they didn't have serious rust problems. For a small car, the front seat area is huge. They are fairly light... and with a 6 cyl have alot of pep. Like GM stuff, the little things would break... like trim pieces or options... but rarely a show stopper.

I had one of these with the Pontiac 4 cyl. $180 back lot special I found while looking for a 4x4. The engine was a terminal oil burner, but it still ran good. Put no money in it and went bajaing with it daily. Finally snapped the front driveshaft and it crashed through the clutch housing while off roading, and I didn't have the parts to put it back together.

I highly doubt modern CUVs would have taken the abuse that car endured.

There are a few still on the roads around my area. Mostly wagons, and I think I've seen one blue sedan. I'd love to see an SX/4 like the one in the ad. Proof that when you're the little guy, you have to use what you've got, and these were gems of innovation.

That SX/4 Balthazar posted looks downright modern with those wheels, albeit if they were slightly larger. Not a bad looking package considering the time it was released.

Especially considering that the SX/4 and the Spirit are both based on a refreshed Gremlin... designed waaaay back in 1970.

I wanted a SX/4... but ended up with the MUCH more rare Eagle Kammback.

A buddy of mine LOVES the AMC SX/4 and has almost bought one on several occasions. I used to have a red '83 in my driveway for a while that belonged to a neighbor/friend.