Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevy Cruze pricing, options, packaging

At a minimum, let's guess that the base LS will have hubcaps, anti lock and stabilitrak and a full complement of airbags. I hope USB and Bluetooth are standard. I would hope an armrest is STD too. 6 speed manual. 6 speed auto optional. Will power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless and cruze be standard?

I predict a 16,495 base price. I expect most LS models with power windows and automatic to be around 18995 msrp. Or higher. Well equipped cruze LT will prob sticker around 22500.

Things like Tilt, power windows, locks, delayed wipers, blue tooth, 6 speed man, Full air bags, AC, Stability control, AM FM radio will all be on the base, LS since they are already standard on similar cars already. So this would not be a suprise.

They have already made it clear this will not be as cheap of a car as the Cobalt. It will have more value for a little higher price with options not expected on caes in this class. What Options? We will have to wait and see. I have heard things like rain sensing wipers and other new items to this class will make their first appearance.

GM is wanting to rase the price of the car just a little and give the buyer things they can not get from Ford, Honda, Hyundai and Toyota.

I amnot sure if this has changed since this was anounced a while back.

I have noted they are doing things like on the RS package like 19" wheels and other things you just don't see in the subcompact class. Cloth on the dash and door panels is something many of the other lack too.

I would guess there will be a few suprises with this car. I just hope the options will be enough to draw people in to give it a look.

The new GM is keeping things close at hand anymore and we will only know closer to the release. We will have to watch the ordering web site as they will post the options there first, long before the Chevy web site gets them.

i am guessing the turbo you won't touch for less than 20,495 and they will make you get a bunch of other stuff to get it.

what i want, 6 speed man, turbo, cloth is fine but with sunroof, heated seats as an option with cloth, want USB and bluetooth. I'd like alum wheels and decent tires.

"body cavities" and "sandwich" hmmm, this must be good. I see there will be an LTZ.

North America gets first dibs on the 1.4-liter turbo engine, but it does not have direct fuel injection as we predicted in March 2009.
The base 1.8-liter, standard on base LS models only

ah, gotta have the price leader.....

lots of good info in that article!

Sept 2010.....notice how the weight varies....2800 for the stripped and gutted eco. the full monte cruze is 3150 pounds....(or a couple school years worth of dorm food weight gain shy of the hyundai sonata)......

Edited by regfootball

Still encouraging to hear... this may be the vehicle I buy myself as a graduation present in a couple years.

Since the LTZ is going to be low-volume It's going to be tricky to find one as a leftover, or year old vehicle, which is how I'd be buying it, that kind of sucks. Ideally I'd like to see in mine:

-LTZ or 2LT

-Dark Red or Dark Blue Exterior

-Black/Two Tone interior with cloth or leather

-No sunroof

-17 inch alloys

-No Spoiler

-Nav/Bluetooth/USB/XM/OnStar

-Rainsense would be nice.

Still encouraging to hear... this may be the vehicle I buy myself as a graduation present in a couple years.

Since the LTZ is going to be low-volume It's going to be tricky to find one as a leftover, or year old vehicle, which is how I'd be buying it, that kind of sucks. Ideally I'd like to see in mine:

-LTZ or 2LT

-No sunroof

-17 inch alloys

-No Spoiler

If it is like the LTZ Bu it may be lower volume but not what I would call hard to find.

Also if it is like the Bu the LT2 loaded is a much better value than the LTZ. For the most the LTZ amounts to a few extra options that really are not much and some extra chrome.

The BU we bought has everything the loaded LTZ had we looked at accept a sun roof, power passenger seat, power inverter rear window shade and fog lights.

We got everything else it had for about $4,000 less including the 18" wheels and V6 with dual exhaust and leather interior.

If it is like the LTZ Bu it may be lower volume but not what I would call hard to find.

I'm speaking from the Canadian perspective. We don't have the kind of comprehensive dealer network America has because we have like 10% the population density. In America it's not hard to find, as I've seen, a good selection of loaded up year-old Cobalts and Malibus in all sorts of colors and option packages, but up here I've been seeing no more than 5 used 2LT Malibus and 2 used LTZ Malibu in the course of a given year in the city+surrounding area. The bulk of everything else is dominated by the standard fleet-fare LS and occasionally 1LTs.

Sept 2010.....notice how the weight varies....2800 for the stripped and gutted eco. the full monte cruze is 3150 pounds....(or a couple school years worth of dorm food weight gain shy of the hyundai sonata)......

Wow, that's heavier than our Maxima...

Wow, that's heavier than our Maxima...

It's about the same weight as my '02 Passat, which incidentally has a 1.8T engine with 180-hp. Cruze 1.4T will be down 40 hp, but it has an extra gear and with all the engineering magic that's happened over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the two cars feel similar in normal driving.

All the weight is probably worth it. The Cruze earned the highest score ever given to a car by Euro NCAP. It even has torso airbags for rear passengers and front knee airbags. And kudos to GM for "adding lightness" to the Eco without making it undesirable. Its 17" forged alloys are arguably the nicest in the US-market Cruze line-up. Lowering the ride height is cool as well.

Edited by pow

-LTZ or 2LT

-No sunroof

-17 inch alloys

-No Spoiler

My Cruze is simple: Auto, spoiler, sunroof, Alloys (then again, I might buy these myself) at the most affordable price possible. 1LT, i'm guessing....

I could care less if it is an LS or LT.....

i wonder how the cruze compares to the old Saturn L Series on all its dimensions and such.

Smaller.

I'm speaking from the Canadian perspective. We don't have the kind of comprehensive dealer network America has because we have like 10% the population density. In America it's not hard to find, as I've seen, a good selection of loaded up year-old Cobalts and Malibus in all sorts of colors and option packages, but up here I've been seeing no more than 5 used 2LT Malibus and 2 used LTZ Malibu in the course of a given year in the city+surrounding area. The bulk of everything else is dominated by the standard fleet-fare LS and occasionally 1LTs.

Sorry, I was not thinking that side of the lake.

The Cruze is an inch wider, nine inches shorter, has 1 inch less wheelbase... all considered that's not bad.

thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE answer. basically, the cruze should have the same interior space as the L series. will it weigh more or less? when the L series came out with the ecotec, i think it was like 135hp or 145hp....... from all this then with similar power, size and depending on weight, then we get an idea of the car.

still think its interesting the sonata is only a couple pounds more. with 60 more HP and about the same highway rating. with all that extra space, and probably as cheap or cheaper similarly equipped. and with a better warranty. what is chevy peddling?

I would agree I like the Focus a little better.

Would also wager that the Focus might have a little bit better fit and finish in the paint department also, as Ford seems to be doing better and better here...

thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE answer. basically, the cruze should have the same interior space as the L series. will it weigh more or less? when the L series came out with the ecotec, i think it was like 135hp or 145hp....... from all this then with similar power, size and depending on weight, then we get an idea of the car.

still think its interesting the sonata is only a couple pounds more. with 60 more HP and about the same highway rating. with all that extra space, and probably as cheap or cheaper similarly equipped. and with a better warranty. what is chevy peddling?

Sonata is becoming a hot car in the entry level segment, methinks...

i am guessing the turbo you won't touch for less than 20,495 and they will make you get a bunch of other stuff to get it.

what i want, 6 speed man, turbo, cloth is fine but with sunroof, heated seats as an option with cloth, want USB and bluetooth. I'd like alum wheels and decent tires.

...say it with me one more time...gently used Astra...ten grand cheaper...

will it weigh more or less?

Curb weight on the 2001 L200 with the 2.2L 135hp I4 was 2960lbs... a euro-spec 1.8L Auto Cruze has a curb weight of just under 2900lbs but I'd expect an LT or LTZ with the extra sound insulation and NA-Spec equipment but the lighter 1.4L engine to be 100lbs heavier than that.

Would also wager that the Focus might have a little bit better fit and finish in the paint department also, as Ford seems to be doing better and better here...

I don't like the styling of the Focus from the B-Pillar forward on the sedan, and the hatchback not at all.

Seems busy for my tastes and overstyled... there's too much going on, especially in the front fascia. I think the Cruze also has a classier looking interior with the Dual-Cockpit styling which is something that makes the Ford interior look clunky and less imaginative (same case if you compare Malibu vs. Fusion).

Curb weight on the 2001 L200 with the 2.2L 135hp I4 was 2960lbs... a euro-spec 1.8L Auto Cruze has a curb weight of just under 2900lbs but I'd expect an LT or LTZ with the extra sound insulation and NA-Spec equipment but the lighter 1.4L engine to be 100lbs heavier than that.

this is my ultimate point. It's 'replacing' the cobalt. But it's actually the basic size of an L series. Same weight and four popper hp too. They are going to have to be careful with pricing. It's more of a tweener size car like the kizashi maybe too? I think the cobalt real replacement is the aveo. I also bet the cruze is more 'comfortable' than the Malibu. The cruze is probably what I call a new age right size car in this new oppressive cafe era. Between the aveo, cruze, and next Malibu, you will have clear size differentiation. And it makes me wonder how stupid the impala will look until they ever figure out what to do with it. I am guessing the cruze will sell really well, I hope chevy has a big ad campaign ready for it. I think the focus might turn outto be the better drivers car but the cruze may be more attractive to the appliance car set.

Sonata is becoming a hot car in the entry level segment, methinks...

...say it with me one more time...gently used Astra...ten grand cheaper...

You are mostly correct with that suggestion, but to find one equipped like I'd want and few miles and not a rip off price is impossible. Plus it'd be an orphan and out of warranty. A more sensible option for me at this time if I needed to buy would be a cobalt or HHR. Less fun, but a far better common sense decision. There's actually a nice used HHR I am keeping my eye on right now ......

Edited by regfootball

Chevy has nothing to worry about from Ford on materials and design of the interior.

People have been bitching about GM interiors for so long it looks like it hurt GM's feelings and they went and did something about it.

Focus concept interior is pre-production, FWIW.

True...

Never had a problem with my Ecotec/5-speed L, but the post-facelift models gained a bunch of weight and ended up being pretty slow.

My way of looking at it

2001 SL2 5sp mine 16.3 1/4 mile (1.9 twincam)

2001 LS2 5sp friends 17.8 1/4 mile (2.2 ecotec)

2007 ION auto mine 15.8 1/4 mile (2.4 ecotec)

Edited by RjION