A SWARM OF JUNE BUGS (and Crickets, and Spyders, et al)

Post 'em if you got 'em! It's June already, so the cool cars are coming out of their cocoons and swarming the roads. Grab your net, don your safari hat and bring us back some tasty specimens!

Though I really found this on the last day of May (Monday), I finally checked out what was "parked" in the back of a local glass shop... saw a '52 Chevy sedan, a '67 Camaro, several other '80s cars and buried in a large brush was a 1954 GMC 150 pickup truck (too far gone for restoration). I've driven by this place many times over the last 6 years but never checked out their back lot. I was pleasantly surprised to see the GMC back there ('54 being my favorite year of the Advanced Design era trucks). I have a picture I'll post when I download my digital camera soon.

^ good, sparsely-trafficked, curvy roads out there the draw ??

There's a dealer about 30 minutes from me, so I see these all the time.

'67 Eldorado, a nice (for yellow) buttery yellow, exc shape, parked

'64-65 El Camino, white w/ Cragars, exc shape, parked.

'03 Quadrasteer Silverado with some 7+ year fading & discoloration, out shopping this week.

1-32.jpg

I saw a Lotus Elise drive past my house the other day. I thought it was rather odd for one of those to be out here.

Very odd around there...very...

Edited by caddycruiser

Balthazar:

Any photos of the '67 Eldorado...? <3

As far as the Lotus dealer that's down

the street from you I stopped by there

the day after I visited you on my

roadtrip back in 2005. I must admit I

have a soft spot for Lotus.

----

Since I've been absent from C&G for most of 2009

into the spring of 2010, I'll post some of my

favorites from this past year:

4139930298_0175f5f3df_o.jpg

4122263882_a0e421f494_o.jpg

4121459075_07a575d58f_o.jpg

4023701832_81902acd58_o.jpg

4023733160_3608e0e6ee_o.jpg

3612357703_a00c6d3bf5_o.jpg

4328175063_bc33c9a584_b.jpg

4308056495_00932a301d_b.jpg

3670859643_b3ac2b46d1_o.jpg

3684849929_0734d7d62c_o.jpg

3537285890_f123bfdeeb_o.jpg

Hey O.B. did you say "spiders" or "Spyders"???

4671350056_9e12780343_b.jpg

4656224085_5d4e6a0c1d_b.jpg

4656225269_1cac74b6e2_b.jpg

Last gen Lexus IS Sportback...rare bird, but cool bird, little RWD hatch wonder.

1-33.jpg

'06 Denali pickup on the used lot, with a flat tire.

1-34.jpg

"Delmarva Pro Sport" edition '10 Sierra(s). The local GMC commercials have been advertising this package at all the dealers, but I never saw until today the badges actually say "Delmarva..." on them. Okay then.

1-35.jpg

1-36.jpg

1-37.jpg

1-38.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Regarding the Delmarva Pro Sport package: seems like a lot of money for a little bit of extra content.

Yeah...I never understood it in the first place. The local GMC marketing commercial "chrome...lots of chrome...at your local Delmarva GMC dealers" play again & again. Finally seeing it, eh, fine if you wanted all those accessory chunks anyway and don't mind Delmarva plastered on it.

For $2049, you get a chrome grille, tow hooks, doorhandles, side steps, and exhaust tip. You also get mudflaps and bedrail caps. Whoopty-do.

The worse part is in the commercials they show a black Sierra with GM accessory chrome 20/22" wheels and make it legitimately sound like that's part of the deal, or at least used to. Another dealer has one as such and made their own commercial showing it, but again, the accessory wheels are yet another couple grand on top...stupid.

Thanks Camino.

Here's a few more, some are from a few years

back but I'm pretty sure none of these have

ever been posted on C&G. I'm also posting 3

more photos of that GORGEOUS, very original

1933 Chevrolet, I love this Pre-War classic like

a fat kid love cake.

3757986388_0704e201be_o.jpg

3758011932_0e0e9304c8_o.jpg

3758048444_a59c4e6374_o.jpg

4185006396_56598e991d_o.jpg

3755674051_8388a8e8ba_o.jpg

3750714335_d753a51c0f_o.jpg

4308751778_63a20d6776_b.jpg

3747770963_2a5b874e55_o.jpg

3748541445_6fc121044d_o.jpg

4002530104_7107e284e2_o.jpg

No one will bemember this, but some months back, I posted about a cousin of mine with an '02 Liberty. She was nearly ready to replace her 115k mile Jeep... with a CR-V or Rav-4.

As of last Friday, there is a Natural Green 2010 Jeep Liberty with SkySlider Roof in her driveway... and it is schweet.:)

No one will bemember this, but some months back, I posted about a cousin of mine with an '02 Liberty. She was nearly ready to replace her 115k mile Jeep... with a CR-V or Rav-4.

As of last Friday, there is a Natural Green 2010 Jeep Liberty with SkySlider Roof in her driveway... and it is schweet.:)

Nice. Don't even like those, but a good sign & move she got another :AH-HA:

'08'ish Cobalt SS sedan (2.4L car, back when it was an appearance package on the sedan, basically) with a big hitch & ball out back. Intriguing.

1-41.jpg

Black Ford GT in traffic. Been a long time since I've seen one of these around here. Sounded great & looked so cool when he crossed in front of me.

1-42.jpg

Dad's mysterious project in his tent garage out back. Been around for a year now, but I still know very little about it or look at it. He had the door half open so I snapped a shot of current status, finally. '68 Dodge Coronet 440, I think...

1-40.jpg

Oh man, the Ultimate Sadness for a Ford GT driver: to be stuck behind a Camry at a red light.

Even when that new Camry is a $70k+ brand new Lexus LS460...and yes...tragedy. Black & white, cool & crap. At least it was clear which one everyone was looking at & listening to when their light turned green...

Spent the weekend in beautiful So Cal (La Jolla, Torrey Pines, Del Mar, Encinitas, Carlsbad)..saw an interesting selection of cars...lots of the usual, predictable modern high end cars and a number of oldies..

A drop dead gorgeous turquoise/turquoise '66 GTO convertible, red line tires, Rally I wheels, absolutely mint. A clean dark blue '61 Caddy 4dr ht, A pair of vintage birdies--a red '55 T-Bird and a med. blue '65 T-Bird w/ black Landau roof. For the imports, saw a clean yellow Porsche 914 and a sharp blue '70s vintage Aston Martin coupe.

Most interesting modern car was the black XLR-v rumbling along...great exhaust note. Saw a number of current Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers.

Saw a Audi R8 in Staten Island recently. That car still doesn't really do it for me from most angles.

Also saw a CLS55 AMG... at first I didn't think it was a real AMG, as I thought they were all 63's... and this one had seen some healthy customizations from the upmarket JC Whitney catalog. But at the next light, it took off like only an AMG could.

Been seeing quite a few oldies during my time up in NYC... but my favorite so far is a '67 fastback full size Pontiac. Shorter wheelbase, probably a Catalina. Black and flat black, needing bodywork... but with red pinstriping and a square headlight conversion and the upper light spots filled in with a mesh grill, so the whole thing looked like the Batmobile.

I always thought the '67s are the closest production car to the real Batmobile... Unfortunately, I didn't think to snap a photo. Maybe next time.

I also need to get a photo for you guys of Brooklyn's Mad Max Minivan... its hilarious...

Driving back from Maryland, nearing home, an '04-06'ish Durango with hood scoops, custom wheels and...a high top. I swear I've seen this before, but can't remember where. I wanted to see the inside...

IMG_6807-1.jpg

At Safeway Starbucks with a friend on Tuesday, and older guy pulled his white '07+ Avalanche in near mine. Snow-va-lanche.

IMG_5249.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw a 1990 or so (base model, gray egg crate style grille) Lumina 4dr in light blue, minty condition. Strange to see a 20 yr old W body in such clean shape.

Saw a derelict '80s Monte Carlo SS on the freeway--nose riding really high, primer gray all over, dented left door and front fender, nose cap askew w/ a piece of the plastic broken and flapping in the wind.

Saw the Synergy green '10 Camaro LT parked next to the yellow w/ black stripes '10 Camaro SS and a black '10 Camaro LT parked in a row at the office in one of the outer edges of the front lot. Neat to see they coordinated their parking.